+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Guys, I am so confused!!

Today I had an interview and then 3 hours later I decided to check my status. Looks like the system has been changed and you have to register to see your status. The immigration officer assured that everything looks fine in my file and the interview went well.

I registered and my status says INTERVIEW MAY 20 but I JUST HAD AN INTERVIEW:(

I emailed him but haven't heard back yet. has it happened to anyone else?

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Guys, I am so confused!!

Today I had an interview and then 3 hours later I decided to check my status. Looks like the system has been changed and you have to register to see your status. The immigration officer assured that everything looks fine in my file and the interview went well.

I registered and my status says INTERVIEW MAY 20 but I JUST HAD AN INTERVIEW:(

I emailed him but haven't heard back yet. has it happened to anyone else?
When you say "you have to register to see your status", which service you are referring to?

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
When you say "you have to register to see your status", which service you are referring to?

He is right, now we need to create an account (using Client ID, Application Number and email) and then login to a dashboard to see our application status,
This Dashboard does show some additional details including a timeline.

You can use this URL to register and get to that new dashboard view: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Reactions: thesonicbro

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
YAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOUUUUUUU!!! I asked the agent if I can get my certificate a bit faster since I need it for schools, and she said she will mail it out expedited and make sure I get it by the end of this week :)

Reactions: zeyzey6

amararchana

Jul 15, 2015
Hello All,
I mailed my citizenship application on Feb 26, 2020 and the timeline was
19 Oct, 2020 - Acknowledgement
04 Nov, 2020 - In Progress
05 May, 2021 - Test Invite
07 May, 2021 - Passed the test.
I tried to check my application status today and found that they changed the system. We need to create an account with CIC to check the application status. I created an account and the status dates have changed to
19 Oct, 2020 -Application filed
20 Jan, 2021 - Background verification activity status updated
30 Apr, 2021 - Citizenship test activity status updated
07 May, 2021 - Scheduled for citizenship test
The thing is, I took the citizenship test on 07 May, 2021 itself and the current status shows as 'Waiting on you' to take the citizenship test between 07 May, 2021 and 27 May, 2021. I assume that since it has been only two days and a weekend too, no one has gotten around to verify test or the ID and update the system yet. I'll keep checking the status everyday and update when I hear something.
Anyone else who took the citizenship test on 07 May, 2021?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hello All,
I mailed my citizenship application on Feb 26, 2020 and the timeline was
19 Oct, 2020 - Acknowledgement
04 Nov, 2020 - In Progress
05 May, 2021 - Test Invite
07 May, 2021 - Passed the test.
I tried to check my application status today and found that they changed the system. We need to create an account with CIC to check the application status. I created an account and the status dates have changed to
19 Oct, 2020 -Application filed
20 Jan, 2021 - Background verification activity status updated
30 Apr, 2021 - Citizenship test activity status updated
07 May, 2021 - Scheduled for citizenship test
The thing is, I took the citizenship test on 07 May, 2021 itself and the current status shows as 'Waiting on you' to take the citizenship test between 07 May, 2021 and 27 May, 2021. I assume that since it has been only two days and a weekend too, no one has gotten around to verify test or the ID and update the system yet. I'll keep checking the status everyday and update when I hear something.
Anyone else who took the citizenship test on 07 May, 2021?
They just haven't updated the system yet. It takes them some time to update your result to completed. Do not worry.

Reactions: Vanecenz588

amararchana

Jul 15, 2015
They just haven't updated the system yet. It takes them some time to update your result to completed. Do not worry.
Thank you! I just checked again and saw that the last updated date as 03 May, 2021. I guess I have to wait for the next account update and see whether my test is reflected.