+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
I just called the cic and while I was on hold the officer told me there was an administrative error regarding my interview but all is good and I should just wait for the ceremony, we'll see, it's so stressful

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Wow they made it all fancy just to see a fancy "In progress " already know my application last touched was may 27 2020 and physical presence being reviewed also prohibitions not started. Looks I'm gonna be waiting until 2022

crazycitizen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
All, took my test & passed on 18th Feb'21 & still not received any Oath notice or invite. Online status still shows In process or Decision taken.
Is it normal?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
THANK YOUUUUUUU!!! I asked the agent if I can get my certificate a bit faster since I need it for schools, and she said she will mail it out expedited and make sure I get it by the end of this week :)
Amazing, is this when they asked you if you required your certificate sooner for travel that you asked for it to be expedited?

arandomperson

May 10, 2021
Hello All,
I mailed my citizenship application on Feb 26, 2020 and the timeline was
19 Oct, 2020 - Acknowledgement
04 Nov, 2020 - In Progress
05 May, 2021 - Test Invite
07 May, 2021 - Passed the test.
I tried to check my application status today and found that they changed the system. We need to create an account with CIC to check the application status. I created an account and the status dates have changed to
19 Oct, 2020 -Application filed
20 Jan, 2021 - Background verification activity status updated
30 Apr, 2021 - Citizenship test activity status updated
07 May, 2021 - Scheduled for citizenship test
The thing is, I took the citizenship test on 07 May, 2021 itself and the current status shows as 'Waiting on you' to take the citizenship test between 07 May, 2021 and 27 May, 2021. I assume that since it has been only two days and a weekend too, no one has gotten around to verify test or the ID and update the system yet. I'll keep checking the status everyday and update when I hear something.
Anyone else who took the citizenship test on 07 May, 2021?
Yup, my test window was exactly same as you and I took the test on 7th May and is still showing 'waiting on you' for me. I think we just have to wait till they get around and review the test footage.

Sapb

Nov 19, 2019
My wife did the same thing, she forgot to capture the ID in the webcam. you will be getting invite for retest from officer soon. Looks like registering the ID is critical. refer this page:
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2021/03/11/he-passed-his-canadian-citizenship-test-then-came-a-call-saying-there-was-a-problem.html
Hi there - could you kindly post when you receive the retest email? I had the same issue. Took the test on May 2nd and got a call from an IRCC agent that the webcam was not working. They will send me a retest, but now it's another waiting game.. :(

Reactions: nicolass

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Hello group,

I just checked my ECAS today and the latest update is that I've just been scheduled for an interview (less than 3 weeks after completing my exam). I assume this is because I submitted a Canadian degree as proof of English language proficiency as opposed to an IELTS/TOEFL certificate and the officer probably wants to see whether or not I can speak English...

Based on what I've read in this forum, citizenship interviews seen to be very laid back. Has anyone been scheduled for an interview recently? How did it go?

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys its been nearly 2 months since I took the test and passed. in the new tracker it still shows as "in Process".
I had also raised a webform a few weeks back submitting a copy of the test result. Followed up with a call last week and the agent mentioned that they have sent a notification to the Mississauga office for a response, but nothing yet.

Any one else in a similar situation ?

ls200608

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Guys its been nearly 2 months since I took the test and passed. in the new tracker it still shows as "in Process".
I had also raised a webform a few weeks back submitting a copy of the test result. Followed up with a call last week and the agent mentioned that they have sent a notification to the Mississauga office for a response, but nothing yet.

Any one else in a similar situation ?
Is it just your test result in progress ? Are everything else completed ? Usually it only takes 2-3 days for the test result to be approved.
Mississauga office has some weird timeline , some people get things done faster than others. In my wife’s case test was passed on feb 26, and result approved on March 1. Now it’s been over 2 months waiting for oath invite.