File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Yes I am one of Ottawa office victim here. DM since March 2020 and still waiting for Oath invite.

Have you contacted them and request an update?

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
Hamilton Office
@luna.a you should try mailing the office directly. The same email id from which you received the test. They are pretty prompt at responding, at the least in case, less than few hours or same day.

executive

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
Jan-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 12-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR Nov-2010, PR AOR Apr 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Original Application
Med's Request
June 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 15
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
Last edited:

executive

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-2010
Doc's Request.
Jan-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 12-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR Nov-2010, PR AOR Apr 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Original Application
Med's Request
June 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
July 15
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
Have you contacted them and request an update?
I have done that three times. Last time I called about a week ago. Same standard answer that everything is complete and we will be called for oath soon. I don't know what their definition is for "SOON" as it has been over a year since DM.

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
I was reading in one of the facebook groups that someone talked to a cic officer and they told them that it should take no more than 3 months from the date you took the test to the oath invite unless your application is non-routine. Most get their status change to DM within 2-4 weeks. Apparently Mississauga office is starting the oath again mid April. But I do need to find out which office is processing my application, I still don’t know.

Vanecenz588

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
I was reading in one of the facebook groups that someone talked to a cic officer and they told them that it should take no more than 3 months from the date you took the test to the oath invite unless your application is non-routine. Most get their status change to DM within 2-4 weeks. Apparently Mississauga office is starting the oath again mid April. But I do need to find out which office is processing my application, I still don’t know.
The email u get for test invite, is it DNCit.....
If there are 2 like i have its either one of them...

Last edited:

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
That is in a normal situation but because of the pandemic almost all applications have gone non routine. If it has been two years on your application go with writ of Mandamus the only way to make CIC work.

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
That is in a normal situation but because of the pandemic almost all applications have gone non routine. If it has been two years on your application go with writ of Mandamus the only way to make CIC work.
Well I spoke to a lot of people who didn't need an interview, these applications are called non-routine but it's interesting because some get an interview immediately after the test (non-routine ones) and right after comes an oath invite...others just wait and usually much longer than the ones who had an interview

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Well I spoke to a lot of people who didn't need an interview, these applications are called non-routine but it's interesting because some get an interview immediately after the test (non-routine ones) and right after comes an oath invite...others just wait and usually much longer than the ones who had an interview
Im august 2019 applicant . I did my test in Jan 2020 and an interview immediately after my test , later when I checked my Gcms notes it said that application has been marked as non routine and outside 12 months processing standard. file is just waiting in a box laying eggs , waiting to be ref to transfer cen. I see more applications being processed randomly.

Tess90

Feb 18, 2020
Im august 2019 applicant . I did my test in Jan 2020 and an interview immediately after my test , later when I checked my Gcms notes it said that application has been marked as non routine and outside 12 months processing standard. file is just waiting in a box laying eggs , waiting to be ref to transfer cen. I see more applications being processed randomly.
You are right it's very random but you guys are from covid era, when everything got frozen so it's different, i am talking about the current situation

Just called CIC, my application is being processed by Scarborough office, the agent asked me a few times why I need this information, I thought this was a common question to ask?

The choice of music when they put you on hold - oh man,,, this music sounds so tragic, OST to my citizenship application saga lol

Last edited:
Reactions: luvtrump

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
You are right it's very random but you guys are from covid era, when everything got frozen so it's different, i am talking about the current situation
o the current situation for 2021/2020 is pretty good if they applied online not paper getting test and oath invites pretty quick. paper applicants and 2019 are stuck in a limbo. I am going to cancel my citizenship and reapply as a 2021 applicant Lol

Reactions: Tess90

ccolscorpion

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Oh my that's is really long. Which office did you get your test invite from? Have you mailed them directly. Sometimes they respond quicker. Oh well, let's hope it will pick up in April. Did read a couple of posts, where the March month was bit slow . Not sure if it was across the board for all activities...
Anyone from the Hamilton, ON office getting oath invites?
My application is in Hamilton, ON office . waiting for oath invite.