+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I agree with the above comments, however, if you have got to the point where you have written your test I feel that you have passed all their checks and balances - it doesn't seem logical to be able to write a citizenship test if you haven't met and passed all the requirements. So, in some ways it is not logical

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Yeah, up there with Decision Made, but not actually telling us the decision.
LOL do you really think the decision could be a 'negative' one? Like you said in your other comment, if they didn't ask for additional docs before DM, then the only decision here is "let's send this applicant an oath invite." I can't even think of any other email from them apart from this

Last edited:

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
LOL you really think the decision could be a 'negative' one? Like you said in your other comment, if they didn't ask for additional docs before DM, then the only decision here is "let's send this applicant an oath invite." I can't even think of any other email from them apart from this
When dealing with anything from a government, I never close the door completely on any outcome. :)

Seriously though, on the the description of “Decision Made” it does explicitly state that they’ll either send you an oath invite or a letter explaining your rejection. So, it has been at that point in the past when they will officially reject someone.

I would like to think if there was any question or problem with my application that would cause a rejection, an additional paperwork request would have been made. So, I think the odds are in my favor, but there’s that slight chance I’m wrong. Hopefully, I’ll find out soon.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
When dealing with anything from a government, I never close the door completely on any outcome. :)

Seriously though, on the the description of “Decision Made” it does explicitly state that they’ll either send you an oath invite or a letter explaining your rejection. So, it has been at that point in the past when they will officially reject someone.

I would like to think if there was any question or problem with my application that would cause a rejection, an additional paperwork request would have been made. So, I think the odds are in my favor, but there’s that slight chance I’m wrong. Hopefully, I’ll find out soon.
An important point to keep in mind is that if you receive a DM without having to sit for a hearing with a citizenship officer or judge, the outcome is almost always certainly positive. Whatever you mentioned would be correct if your application went into DM after a hearing.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016

I understand your point - with IRCC, one can't predict but like Raj stated, the outcome at this point can with almost all level of certainty be POSITIVE.

An important point to keep in mind is that if you receive a DM without having to sit for a hearing with a citizenship officer or judge, the outcome is almost always certainly positive. Whatever you mentioned would be correct if your application went into DM after a hearing.
So true. Any concerns would've been addressed prior to the test, during processing stage, or after the test before DM

SAM9177

Jan 19, 2021
I have a question on the Online Citizenship Test and When I am planning to start the exam, Click on the SignIn it is giving me the 403 ERROR.

Has any one experienced the same issue before starting the examination. Please let me know .

Error :

403 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have a question on the Online Citizenship Test and When I am planning to start the exam, Click on the SignIn it is giving me the 403 ERROR.

Has any one experienced the same issue before starting the examination. Please let me know .

Error :

403 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.
Answered here

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
17 days since I wrote my test...anyone else still waiting? I feel like most people hear within 10 days. :(

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
17 days since I wrote my test...anyone else still waiting? I feel like most people hear within 10 days. :(
Yep, wrote test on 31st December. no progress of any sort yet.

• Sad
Reactions: his*marty

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
I’m wondering if you will get your DM and oath invite within a day of each other. I’ve seen that happen. I’m still waiting for the oath invite. It’s been 15 days since my status was updated to DM.

Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I’m wondering if you will get your DM and oath invite within a day of each other. I’ve seen that happen. I’m still waiting for the oath invite. It’s been 15 days since my status was updated to DM.
Here's to hoping...but my guess is they probably don't have enough applicants that wrote the test from Winnipeg to do the oath ceremony. :/ I'll be somewhat relieved just to see that DM.