+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

Majiedo

Jul 30, 2015
No problem. Happy to help. It’s all online just type in how to apply for Canadian Passport in google & you will have all the details. You apply for your Passport once you have got your Citizenship Certificate which will take another 8 to 10 days after your Citizenship Ceremony is done. You can do that but it’s very complicated. I wouldn’t recommend that at all. Remember your Tourist Visa Application can be rejected as well then you will be stuck in states. I know it’s frustrating believe me I have been there but get your Passport & then travel. It’s lot more fun,relaxed & no tension at all. You have waited for so long patiently just hang in there for a few more weeks rest is up to you.
Thanks again.
Yeah I found the page to apply for the passport. They have an express option of 2 days plus next day pickup for extra fees. Glad that options exists.
I wasn't aware I had to wait 8-10 days after the Oath Ceremony to receive the citizenship certification. That does complicate things. I am guessing there is no way to expediate this certification? I did read that you could request the certification sooner if you show proof if itinerary, that was one example written on their website, but they do not guaranteed that you will receive it on time even if you qualify. Do you think it would be worth it to request that?

I would complete the form from now, and be ready to all the documents to submit, once the certificate is received. My other question here, can i apply for the certification as soon as I get the oath ceremony letter? or do I have to wait for the actual oath to take place first?

I will avoid the tourist visa as very complicated, no point getting that in the mix when the finish line is so close.

Last edited:

Hash1979

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Thanks again.
Yeah I found the page to apply for the passport. They have an express option of 2 days plus next day pickup for extra fees. Glad that options exists.
I wasn't aware I had to wait 8-10 days after the Oath Ceremony to receive the citizenship certification. That does complicate things. I am guessing there is no way to expediate this certification? I did read that you could request the certification sooner if you show proof if itinerary, that was one example written on their website, but they do not guaranteed that you will receive it on time even if you qualify. Do you think it would be worth it to request that?

I would complete the form from now, and be ready to all the documents to submit, once the certificate is received. My other question here, can i apply for the certification as soon as I get the oath ceremony letter? or do I have to wait for the actual oath to take place first?

I will avoid the tourist visa as very complicated, no point getting that in the mix when the finish line is so close.
That’s alright. Yup there’s no harm in trying. I think you can try that. That’s smart. Well once the Ceremony is done they will ask you to fill a form & send it to them by email & then you will get your Citizenship Certificate. You got to wait till the Ceremony is done. I second that awesome decision.

Reactions: Dreamlad

Majiedo

Jul 30, 2015
That’s alright. Yup there’s no harm in trying. I think you can try that. That’s smart. Well once the Ceremony is done they will ask you to fill a form & send it to them by email & then you will get your Citizenship Certificate. You got to wait till the Ceremony is done. I second that awesome decision.
Really appreciate you answering all my questions and providing some guidance. It means a lot to have people like you who can share their expertise.
I was just reading on the " prepare for the citizenship ceremony" page that they give you the certification on the oath day. It says under "what happens in the ceremony" is that you get your citizenship certification. Stating that if you apply and receive Canadian citizenship, you don't need to apply separately for the certification since its issued on the day. Which would be great.

I guess I can ask the judge too on the day.

I am hoping once I get the certificate, I can expediate the passport.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hash1979

Hash1979

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Really appreciate you answering all my questions and providing some guidance. It means a lot to have people like you who can share their expertise.
I was just reading on the " prepare for the citizenship ceremony" page that they give you the certification on the oath day. It says under "what happens in the ceremony" is that you get your citizenship certification. Stating that if you apply and receive Canadian citizenship, you don't need to apply separately for the certification since its issued on the day. Which would be great.

I guess I can ask the judge too on the day.

I am hoping once I get the certificate, I can expediate the passport.
Thanks so much for your nice & kind words . That’s fine I totally understand. Citizenship Certificate you will only get once the ceremony is done. You don’t need to apply for it separately but once after the Ceremony is done there is a form that you have to fill & send it back to the Citizenship office and then they will send you your Certificate. There’s an Official before & after the actual Oath taking available online you can request him to send you the Certificate quickly don’t say anything to the Judge. Hopefully this helps you in getting out of the confusion but if you have any more questions that’s fine. I am more than happy to help.

Majiedo

Jul 30, 2015
Thanks so much for your nice & kind words . That’s fine I totally understand. Citizenship Certificate you will only get once the ceremony is done. You don’t need to apply for it separately but once after the Ceremony is done there is a form that you have to fill & send it back to the Citizenship office and then they will send you your Certificate. There’s an Official before & after the actual Oath taking available online you can request him to send you the Certificate quickly don’t say anything to the Judge. Hopefully this helps you in getting out of the confusion but if you have any more questions that’s fine. I am more than happy to help.
Thats great. I will check with the Official after the ceremony is done to see if there is viable solution. Thanks again for your help and guidance. Helps with the confusion for sure.

Hash1979

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Thats great. I will check with the Official after the ceremony is done to see if there is viable solution. Thanks again for your help and guidance. Helps with the confusion for sure.
No problem mate all the best with everything & happy travels.

Sud Malhotra

Sep 21, 2021
Timeline: applied on Sep 15 2021
AOR: Nov 10 2021
Test and Fingerprint request:April 28 2022
Test completed: May 16
Test passed on Tracker:May 18
Does anyone know how long would it take from here
The processing time it shows is 27 months so just want to know if it would still take 27 months even after the test.
Hi Rohit,
Did you get your oath date?

Thanks

nihon19

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
July 2019 application.

Test completed April 16th 2021.

STILL waiting for the oath.

Fingerprints re-submitted January 2022. As they had expired.

Fingerprints requested AGAIN March 31st 2022.

MP got involved on my behalf and has spoken with an agent and provided the fingerprints submitted in January and confirmed they are now on my application but the tracker hasn't updated since April 1st but nothing was changed then except the date.

Background still shows In Progress.

Oath Ceremony shows Not Started.

Everything else is complete.

IRCC Montreal is beyond a joke. I just need to sit the oath and they can close the damn case.
I had similiar case. Test completed in April 2021, all the checks are completed by Sept. 2021. And nothing since then. I started to worry if there are mistakes or anything.
I m thinking to involve MP here , should be a simple case.

Jaaaaayne

Star Member
Jul 30, 2018
i'm from Scarborough location.
i Did my test on 7th Feb 2021 and to most SHOCKING Surprise happened today, when i called CIC, agent mentioned that the file is not recorded the result and it is showing as "RESCHEDULED".
i am confused now, does anyone has this new experience.

what should i do now. i have my results with me.
Hi this just happened to me . Could you please tell me
What eventually happened

May 9, 2022
Hello All,

Is anyone from Halifax waiting for their oath ceremony as well ?
I cleared my test on 15th April, and all criteria in the status are green except Oath Ceremony.
ECAS changed to Decision Made on 7th May.

It's more than one month, still waiting for oath letter.

Are timelines for invitations to oath ceremony different based on location ?

Hash1979

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Hello All,

Is anyone from Halifax waiting for their oath ceremony as well ?
I cleared my test on 15th April, and all criteria in the status are green except Oath Ceremony.
ECAS changed to Decision Made on 7th May.

It's more than one month, still waiting for oath letter.

Are timelines for invitations to oath ceremony different based on location ?
It takes anywhere between 1 to 3 months hang in there. I know easier said than done but believe you me. You are very near the finish line.

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Hi All, I am scheduled to attend the Oath Ceremony on 17th June, I have a question about the ceremony. After signing the Letter, what email address do we need to send the scanned copy to?