Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
I got my Citizenship Certificate in 8 days generally they say you will get the Certificate in 2 weeks but in most cases it takes 8 to 10 days. Well change your plans otherwise you won’t be able to enter Canada . You need either Canadian Passport or P.R. Card to enter Canada. They will make sure that you cut your P.R. Card during the Ceremony. As far as I know that option ain’t available I.e. you yourself picking up the Certificate & I don’t know if you can apply for a Passport outside of Canada well even if you can. You will still need the Citizenship Certificate. It’s up to you I will just wait till I get everything in order before travelling.
That makes sense to me too.
@ham584 PR card will be gone during the ceremony and the current passport may require a valid visa to enter Canada. Entry without a visa is possible for certain countries (US, Europe, and other selective countries) for a specific period (as a tourist etc). If you're lucky enough to secure the certificate by then at your address, then, the problem is solved. Otherwise, there may be a need to reschedule either the oath ceremony or the travel.

Reactions: ham584

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Hi,

I sent my citizenship application via mail in Nov 2020. AOR date is Feb 2021.
background check completed April 2021.
invitation for online test Jan 2022. Test passed Feb 1st 2022. Got no update since, I have been checking the status almost daily.

I noticed today that my language skills have now been updated to “completed”. Prohibitions and days in Canada remain incomplete.
What is the general consensus here, can I expect the oath ceremony anytime soon?

Last edited:

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi,

I sent my citizenship application via mail in Nov 2020. AOR date is Feb 2021.
background check completed April 2021.
invitation for online test Jan 2022. Test passed Feb 1st 2022. Got no update and have been checking the status almost daily.

I noticed just now that my language skills have now been updated to “completed”.
What is the general consensus here, can I expect the oath ceremony anytime soon?
Yours is the same as mine. See my signature.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Yours is the same as mine. See my signature.
It says member limits who can see their profile, I don’t know how else to see your signature.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
It says member limits who can see their profile, I don’t know how else to see your signature.
No, you don't need to see my profile. Simply click "Expand signature" (in red) under my comment.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
No, you don't need to see my profile. Simply click "Expand signature" (in red) under my comment.
Your signature is not showing, I do not see ”expand signature“ to click.
can share the timeline instead here ?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Your signature is not showing, I do not see ”expand signature“ to click.
can share the timeline instead here ?
Kitchener Office (Paper)
Application Sent: Apr 30th, 2020
Application Received: May 12th, 2020
AOR: Nov 6th, 2020
In-Process: Dec 14th, 2020
BG Completed: Feb 15th, 2021
Test Invite: Nov 1st, 2021
Test Completed: Nov 12th, 2021 (Outside)
Ghost Update: Feb 4th, 2022
Interview Request: Mar 8th, 2022
Interview Email: March 15th, 2022
Interview Date: Mar 31st, 2022 (Outside)
Language Skills Completed: Apr 1st, 2022
Physical Presence & Prohibition Completed: Pending
DM: Pending
Oath: Pending

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Kitchener Office (Paper)
Application Sent: Apr 30th, 2020
Application Received: May 12th, 2020
AOR: Nov 6th, 2020
In-Process: Dec 14th, 2020
BG Completed: Feb 15th, 2021
Test Invite: Nov 1st, 2021
Test Completed: Nov 12th, 2021 (Outside)
Ghost Update: Feb 4th, 2022
Interview Request: Mar 8th, 2022
Interview Email: March 15th, 2022
Interview Date: Mar 31st, 2022 (Outside)
Language Skills Completed: Apr 1st, 2022
Physical Presence & Prohibition Completed: Pending
DM: Pending
Oath: Pending
what’s the second last step, DM ?

damn that’s depressing, seems like I wont be hearing any time soon. I don’t know what idiot and lazy person is working on our application.

how come some people submitted their applications in 2021 have been complete? Was delays due to Covid, Afghan crisis, Ukraine crisis not applicable to them ?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
what’s the second last step, DM ?

damn that’s depressing, seems like I wont be hearing any time soon. I don’t know what idiot and lazy person is working on our application.

how come some people submitted their applications in 2021 have been complete? Was delays due to Covid, Afghan crisis, Ukraine crisis not applicable to them ?
It's DM.
I have no idea. IRCC just wanted to trick people into thinking they're meeting service standard for 2021 applicants at the expense of 2018-2020 applicants.

Majiedo

Jul 30, 2015
Hi All,
hope everyone is well
does anyone know how they send the official confirmation of the appointment for the oath? I got my date booked but I have no idea if i should expect an email 1-2 weeks the date or something in the mail? Hoping someone can confirm through their experience.

Also reading some posts on this page, it appears that it takes about 8-10 days after the oath to receive the certificate. I am guessing this document will allow you to travel outside of canada as the PR card will be cut during the oath? I ask because my oath is scheduled for end of this month and I am traveling on July 11th. I just want to make sure I have everyone sorted before that happens.

thanks

Hash1979

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Hi All,
hope everyone is well
does anyone know how they send the official confirmation of the appointment for the oath? I got my date booked but I have no idea if i should expect an email 1-2 weeks the date or something in the mail? Hoping someone can confirm through their experience.

Also reading some posts on this page, it appears that it takes about 8-10 days after the oath to receive the certificate. I am guessing this document will allow you to travel outside of canada as the PR card will be cut during the oath? I ask because my oath is scheduled for end of this month and I am traveling on July 11th. I just want to make sure I have everyone sorted before that happens.

thanks
Hey

You will get an email about your Citizenship Ceremony with all the details just keep checking your email & spam mail as well. In most of the cases you will get this email 1 or 2 weeks before the Ceremony. You can’t travel abroad on the basis of your Citizenship Certificate. You need either Canadian Passport or P.R. Card. In your situation P.R. Card is out of the window so wait till you get your Canadian Passport. All the best.

Majiedo

Jul 30, 2015
Hey

You will get an email about your Citizenship Ceremony with all the details just keep checking your email & spam mail as well. In most of the cases you will get this email 1 or 2 weeks before the Ceremony. You can’t travel abroad on the basis of your Citizenship Certificate. You need either Canadian Passport or P.R. Card. In your situation P.R. Card is out of the window so wait till you get your Canadian Passport. All the best.
Thank you for the prompt reply. I will look to keep an eye out my email for the ceremony details, hopefully a 1-2 before the Oath date.

In terms of traveling, I guess I have no choice but to wait to receive the passport after the Oath is complete. How long does that usually take after the Oath Ceremony to receive the Canadian Passport? Thanks again for answering the questions.

Reactions: Hash1979

Hash1979

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Thank you for the prompt reply. I will look to keep an eye out my email for the ceremony details, hopefully a 1-2 before the Oath date.

In terms of traveling, I guess I have no choice but to wait to receive the passport after the Oath is complete. How long does that usually take after the Oath Ceremony to receive the Canadian Passport? Thanks again for answering the questions.
you are most welcome. Yes just get the Passport & then travel as much as you want. I did the same thing as well. Well it’s a long process for me it took 2 months but if you have the Itinerary & Tickets then you can apply for fast service that will take about 5 to 10 days. No worries.

Majiedo

Jul 30, 2015
you are most welcome. Yes just get the Passport & then travel as much as you want. I did the same thing as well. Well it’s a long process for me it took 2 months but if you have the Itinerary & Tickets then you can apply for fast service that will take about 5 to 10 days. No worries.
Thanks again for the information. Appreciate it.
Its 2 months to get the passport after the Oath? wow I had no idea. I am so glad you notified me as I always have plans to travel to the states. for July 11, with my Oath date being June 29th. Thats a small window. How do I apply for fast service? and when would I do that, now or after the oath?

Just thinking out loud here, would I be able to apply for a visitor visa in the meantime and try to use that as my entry point back in canada?

Last edited:

Hash1979

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Thanks again for the information. Appreciate it.
Its 2 months to get the passport after the Oath? wow I had no idea. I am so glad you notified me as I always have plans to travel to the states. for July 11, with my Oath date being June 29th. Thats a small window. How do I apply for fast service? and when would I do that, now or after the oath?

Just thinking out loud here, would I be able to apply for a visitor visa in the meantime and try to use that as my entry point back in canada?
No problem. Happy to help. It’s all online just type in how to apply for Canadian Passport in google & you will have all the details. You apply for your Passport once you have got your Citizenship Certificate which will take another 8 to 10 days after your Citizenship Ceremony is done. You can do that but it’s very complicated. I wouldn’t recommend that at all. Remember your Tourist Visa Application can be rejected as well then you will be stuck in states. I know it’s frustrating believe me I have been there but get your Passport & then travel. It’s lot more fun,relaxed & no tension at all. You have waited for so long patiently just hang in there for a few more weeks rest is up to you.