+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
I feel this isn’t fully accurate. From reading posts here, there are people who applied well after this date and have moved through the entire process. So not sure how accurate this is. If it is, we’ve got a long wait to go (ours was received feb of 2021).
You have nothing to worry about. 2021 applications are breeeeezing through. Everyone I know with 2021 application has received their citizenship within 8-14 months. You are good to go , don't worry.

It's the 2019 and 2020 applications they have a grudge with.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
It's not accurate. They received my application Sept 2019. IRCC is definately not first come first serve. I know people who applied for citizenship June 2021 and they have their citizenship and passport in hand. That's right, 9 months. I have been waiting 3 years.

News articles regarding this issue.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/immigration-delays-canada-1.6390170

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/immigration-new-comer-citizenship-1.6370047

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/soon-to-be-canadians-waiting-in-vain-to-hear-about-their-citizenship-applications-1.5728433
Have you considered writing to the processing office / webform / inquiry via your MP? I cannot say with guarantee that these work or not, but my ATIP notes suggest that movement on my file happened a few days after 1) I sent a snail mail to the processing office and 2) my MP enquired about my case. Could be a coincidence, could be not. Can't say with surety.

It won't hurt to try if you haven't done so. I was in a similar boat; received AOR a few weeks before you and just got my citizenship certificate three days ago.

My $0.02 is to not get stressed because you have ZERO control on the process. If it is affecting your life / job prospects, by all means make a case for urgent processing but apart from that it will take its own course. No amount of fretting and fuming will help this and you will only lose sleep. Government departments and agencies will move at their own pace and procedures. Outliers like us have been caught in the perfect storm - Covid, Afghans and Ukraine issues. It's unfortunate, but that is what it is.

I made three attempts to request urgent processing, but they did not meet IRCC's criteria. I haven't seen my family in India for 6 years and now can't wait to get my passport and travel. So hang in there.

Reactions: Jamiez04

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
Have you considered writing to the processing office / webform / inquiry via your MP? I cannot say with guarantee that these work or not, but my ATIP notes suggest that movement on my file happened a few days after 1) I sent a snail mail to the processing office and 2) my MP enquired about my case. Could be a coincidence, could be not. Can't say with surety.

It won't hurt to try if you haven't done so. I was in a similar boat; received AOR a few weeks before you and just got my citizenship certificate three days ago.

My $0.02 is to not get stressed because you have ZERO control on the process. If it is affecting your life / job prospects, by all means make a case for urgent processing but apart from that it will take its own course. No amount of fretting and fuming will help this and you will only lose sleep. Government departments and agencies will move at their own pace and procedures. Outliers like us have been caught in the perfect storm - Covid, Afghans and Ukraine issues. It's unfortunate, but that is what it is.

I made three attempts to request urgent processing, but they did not meet IRCC's criteria. I haven't seen my family in India for 6 years and now can't wait to get my passport and travel. So hang in there.

Yes, I have sent many webforms and they never reply. I have also inquired through my local MP , and after 30 days they just provided my MP with a very generic email which did not have any new updates or any reasons for the delay.

I am happy that you have received your citizenship. Yes, you are right about having no control over this but it's very stressful and I am starting to lose hope now.

Anjalijvyas

Mar 25, 2022
Hi we have applied for citizenship in September 2020 for all family only I got request for fingerprint in October 2021 which I submitted in November 2021 and Background status shows completed in march we got request for citizenship test which we passed but again got second fingerprint request I. 3 months does anyone has this kind of experience?? Please help

phoenix1985

Dec 28, 2015
Hi Members,

I passed my test yesterday. I found out from the forum that you are supposed to see yourself at the bottom corner on the test window. But I didn’t see myself during the test. Is that an issue? Is there anyone who didn’t see themselves during the test, and it was accepted?

Dzwony

Star Member
Aug 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey folks, I have been scheduled for my oath ceremony on April 5th but still have not yet received an official invite. Any idea on when I can expect to receive it? Thanks for the advice in advance!

Reactions: Hash1979

tomasmrsfg

Oct 2, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
Update status:
Te
I am new here in the forum and would like to share our timeline
Submitted our application for citizenship - June 2021
Application Received - September 2022
Background Verification Completed - January 2022
Invitation to take the test - March 2, 2022 (March 4 - March 24, 2022)
Test date : March 13, 2022 (passed) awaiting for confirmation from the IRRC
English Language - In progress
Presence - In progress

* my husband passed the exam too but he forgot to take a photo of his ID so I guess we need to wait a little longer
got my exam confirmation on March 18
IRRC Saskatoon requested to email government issued id for my husband on March 21, send the ID on the same day
Husband confirmation of exam March 28

Powerline

Mar 17, 2022
Update status:
Te

IRRC Saskatoon requested to email government issued id for my husband on March 21, send the ID on the same day
Are your prohibitions also in progress? Prohibitions, language and physical presence are what we’re still waiting on now.

Reddy1212

Oct 17, 2014
Update status:
Te

Congrats. I am in the same boat and wrote the exam on 10 March and forgot to capture id proof and waiting for an email from IRCC.

tomasmrsfg

Oct 2, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
Congrats. I am in the same boat and wrote the exam on 10 March and forgot to capture id proof and waiting for an email from IRCC.
In my observation, after 1 week my status changed to complete in the citizenship, we received the request to send the ID and after 1 week of sending the ID my husband's status changed to complete in the citizenship test.
You will receive the request soon.

tomasmrsfg

Oct 2, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
Are your prohibitions also in progress? Prohibitions, language and physical presence are what we’re still waiting on now.
Yes, they are in progress. how long have you been waiting?

nittindia

Oct 7, 2013
Hi we have applied for citizenship in September 2020 for all family only I got request for fingerprint in October 2021 which I submitted in November 2021 and Background status shows completed in march we got request for citizenship test which we passed but again got second fingerprint request I. 3 months does anyone has this kind of experience?? Please help
Hi, My Application is same, I completed FP in March 2021 but got second FP request in March 2022 (Sent FP on March 25th), Citizenship Test Passed in Nov 2021. I believe the old FP has expired. my Background check was completed after March 2021 FP, but now in progress, is same for you?