+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
Did anyone here use an external webcam for giving the test? The in-built camera on my laptop doesn't work, so I thought I'd use an app that turns your smartphone into a webcam. Someone on another thread mentioned that the testing website is designed in such a way that even if you disable the Built-in Camera and try using your External USB Camera it will again default it to Built-in Camera.

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Did anyone here use an external webcam for giving the test? The in-built camera on my laptop doesn't work, so I thought I'd use an app that turns your smartphone into a webcam. Someone on another thread mentioned that the testing website is designed in such a way that even if you disable the Built-in Camera and try using your External USB Camera it will again default it to Built-in Camera.
If that is an issue, I wouldn't take any chances & probably just get a cheap laptop or get an external web cam from Best Buy / Amazon & return it later.

Also I wouldn't depend on an app either, you never know if you encounter any technical issues.

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
If that is an issue, I wouldn't take any chances & probably just get a cheap laptop from Best Buy & return it later.
If that is an issue, I wouldn't take any chances & probably just get a cheap laptop or get an external web cam from Best Buy / Amazon & return it later.

Also I wouldn't depend on an app either, you never know if you encounter any technical issues.
Mean, I can just buy a good quality USB webcam cam. That's why I'm wondering if anyone has used an external cam for their test. I mean, how are people with desktop pcs completing the test?

callaway73

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Toronto
Mean, I can just buy a good quality USB webcam cam. That's why I'm wondering if anyone has used an external cam for their test. I mean, how are people with desktop pcs completing the test?
As long as the computer can detect the camera, it doesn't really matter if its built in or external.

Alternatively they will let you take the test on a tablet if it has a front facing camera. Just make sure not to use Chrome if you are using an iPad.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Hi all , I gave the test two days back, but I am concerned with my webcam lol. I tried my best to take a photo of the front of my driving license so that it is focused, but my laptop webcam isn't high resolution. Anyone here who took photos with their laptop webcam and didn't face any issues later on? (or did?)

Last edited:

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Just a quick update on my end, almost 3 months after taking the test I got an email with an interview invite yesterday. They only asked for colour copies of my passport. However, having read everyone's points I'm now worried about passport stamp translations. Has anyone gone through this recently? My stamps mostly have arrows coming in and out of the country but I also have stamps with dates and entry/exit words in languages other than English and French. I'm trying to get quotes and I'm trying to decide if I should go through with it before the interview. I would really appreciate any recent interview experience regarding these stamps. I'm glad that my office (Halifax) is finally picking up my application. Wishing all the best to my fellow Nova Scotia (@Nova Scotia, I'm hoping you've gotten news too) applicants and to everyone else.

veerapan89

Apr 17, 2017
Hey guys, I'm currently studying for the citizenship online test. How easy/difficult was it? Was it so specific where they asked what happened on specific dates, or was it more general?

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Hey guys, I'm currently studying for the citizenship online test. How easy/difficult was it? Was it so specific where they asked what happened on specific dates, or was it more general?
There two sites have really good practice tests. The yourlibrary one is very good one, just ignore the questions specific to Richmond.

Keep taking these tests until you consistently score over 90% and you shouldn’t have a problem passing the test.

https://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

https://v-soul.com/onlinetest/

avoege

May 20, 2021
Need help, i passed the test a week ago but no updates yet.. website says "waiting for you" i dont have test results printed or emailed to prove that i passed the test, score 20/20. can i get that somewhere somehow?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Need help, i passed the test a week ago but no updates yet.. website says "waiting for you" i dont have test results printed or emailed to prove that i passed the test, score 20/20. can i get that somewhere somehow?
when you log in to the new tracker website , what is the update date you see? If it is before the test that means it has not been updated yet, if it was last updated after your test then contact them with the test invite mail and inform them you passed the test.

avoege

May 20, 2021
when you log in to the new tracker website , what is the update date you see? If it is before the test that means it has not been updated yet, if it was last updated after your test then contact them with the test invite mail and inform them you passed the test.
it hasnt been updated yet but im worried because i dont have prove that i passed the test. have u passed the test? and got results printed/emailed? does it look official doc? or its optional?

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Personally it was a breeze for me but it was due to the fact that I practiced a lot.

I tried to memorize all the dates in case it is ever asked because you never know :)

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
it hasnt been updated yet but im worried because i dont have prove that i passed the test. have u passed the test? and got results printed/emailed? does it look official doc? or its optional?
Lol dude calm down . They have not updated on the website yet. If your really worried order gcms notes. I'm sure you used your ID before the test , I see no reason to be worried .

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Hi all , I gave the test two days back, but I am concerned with my webcam lol. I tried my best to take a photo of the front of my driving license so that it is focused, but my laptop webcam isn't high resolution. Anyone here who took photos with their laptop webcam and didn't face any issues later on? (or did?)
I also used a laptop webcam and my photo was a little blurry and had some reflections in it. It was impossible for me to get a 100% clean photo. I had no problems and got my citizenship. I think as long as they can read the text in the photo and see your picture it should be fine.
Another poster got contacted after the test to upload another picture of their license and that was enough to verify their id. So, it seems that even in the off chance they reject the your picture from the laptop, you get to do it again without having to retake the test.
You should be fine.