+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

callaway73

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Toronto
They will probably do both after the test. That could also mean that you will be invited for an interview in which officer would need to verify your passport entries & see how you talk to assess your language skills.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Something similar happened to me. After my test they requested passport scans. I submitted it and now everything on the new tracker is complete except for oath ceremony. ECAS also shows decision made.

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Something similar happened to me. After my test they requested passport scans. I submitted it and now everything on the new tracker is complete except for oath ceremony. ECAS also shows decision made.
How long did that happen after taking the test?

samkan

Feb 8, 2021
They will probably do both after the test. That could also mean that you will be invited for an interview in which officer would need to verify your passport entries & see how you talk to assess your language skills.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

so even thought i submit ILETS transcript they may want to access directly?

Samkuma

May 17, 2021
I spoke too soon.

I'm happy to report I have received my invitation to attend the oath ceremony.

Thank you all for your support and wish you all the best!
Hi, Congratulations!
I have a question for you. It would be great if you would reply. I recently did the test and waiting for an update from CIC. I'm wondering what do you have to do in the virtual oath ceremony. Do you have to be in the same residential address in the file, province at the time you take Oath? What kind of stuff you have mention on the "Declaration" which comes with "Letter of Oath Invitation". please let me know. Thank you. Sam

Samkuma

May 17, 2021
I got my invite to the online test on Dec. 18th and took the test on Dec. 26th. I haven’t got the email asking for extra documentation that some people seem to have gotten either around the same time as getting the online test invite or after they take the test. I’m just waiting on the next steps.

Hi, Congratulations!
I have a question for you. It would be great if you would reply. I recently did the test and waiting for an update from CIC. I'm wondering what do you have to do in the virtual oath ceremony. Do you have to be in the same residential address in the file, province at the time you take Oath? What kind of stuff you have mention on the "Declaration" which comes with "Letter of Oath Invitation". please let me know. Thank you. Sam

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Hi, Congratulations!
You need to be in Canada and have your PR.

Samkuma

May 17, 2021
You need to be in Canada and have your PR.
Thank you Ashes. I'm in Canada and I have a valid PR. So, the place where I live with in Canada won't be an issue, correct? Do we have to fill in specifically in which location we are at (like, province, etc).?

ak1

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
If you already got the oath request, I'll assume that your status will directly go to completed after you get the certificate. They may have just skipped the DM altogether. I think the status doesn't matter too much as long as you get the citizenship certificate.
Good luck to you!
I donot get the oath request yet rather in new tracker only my test and background checks are shown as completed but all other checks are in progress while oath ceremony has not been initiated yet. Last week, I have already completed 3 months after the test. Is any other Mississauga office applicant in same boat ?

Last edited:

samkan

Feb 8, 2021
I donot get the oath request yet rather in new tracker only my test and background checks are shown as completed but all other checks are in progress while oath ceremony has not been initiated yet. I have already completed 3 months after passing the test last week. Is any other Mississauga applicant in same boat ?
for me also test and background completed rest in progress.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

I checked my citizenship application tracker today and the status of my background checks has been changed back to "In Progress" even though it had been set to "Completed" since January 2020 (after receiving the first set of fingerprints). I'm assuming this is because my fingerprints are expired now.

Is anybody else in the same boat?

• Haha
Reactions: luvtrump