+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

anton_k

Jul 12, 2020
Hey there,

I passed the online test on June 18. A couple of days ago, I checked the application status; everything was updated to the green (except the oath). However, it still shows the status "in progress". I checked ECAS, but it seems like they do not update my profile after March 2020.

Has anyone experienced the same?

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
I did my test last week ,
  • Language skills
  • Process
  • Physical presence
  • Process
  • Citizenship test
    Completed
  • Background verification
    Completed
  • Prohibitions
  • Process
  • What does mean citizenship test to change to completed, please help ,is mean I passed the test
How long did it take to update from processing to completed? (test)

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
It took me 4 1/2 months since I took the test (updated to "completed") to get the update, which is Decision Made (all sections of the tracker except for oath turned green), and there was no request for copies of my passport. I believe if you had lots of travel during the required 3 years of residence in Canada, the chances are they will request passport scans.
it took 4.5 months to update your test result? :O

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Anyone waiting for the next steps from the Calgary office?

My test status was set to "Completed" about two months ago, but other statuses are still "Pending". I quickly scanned that shared spreadsheet to see if anyone else from Calgary got updates, but it seems that the Calgary office has been very slow in the last couple of weeks (actually, I've seen no one from Calgary getting updates).

Canadian newcomer

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Hello! I'm in the GTA area. Anyone experienced everything going into complete except oath, decision made also. Been that way for about 6 weeks.
Oath is saying 'not started'. Just trying to gage is anything will happen soon.

Hash1979

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Hello! I'm in the GTA area. Anyone experienced everything going into complete except oath, decision made also. Been that way for about 6 weeks.
Oath is saying 'not started'. Just trying to gage is anything will happen soon.
Mate I have precisely the same situation as your’s except it’s been 2 & a half months & I am still waiting for the Citizenship Ceremony to get stared. They are just fucking slow & incompetent.

Hash1979

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Anyone waiting for the next steps from the Calgary office?

My test status was set to "Completed" about two months ago, but other statuses are still "Pending". I quickly scanned that shared spreadsheet to see if anyone else from Calgary got updates, but it seems that the Calgary office has been very slow in the last couple of weeks (actually, I've seen no one from Calgary getting updates).
Pal it doesn’t matter which Office or Area it is they really don’t care ‍♂.

Soleil2015

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Hi every one i am from Saskatchewan Aor Jan 21st 2020 I took the test 28th September 2021 citizenship test stturned to complete on 4 th of October 2021

how long will I have to wait for citizenship oath?
I hope not another year and half

freediagram

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Hi every one i am from Saskatchewan Aor Jan 21st 2020 I took the test 28th September 2021 citizenship test stturned to complete on 4 th of October 2021

how long will I have to wait for citizenship oath?
I hope not another year and half
I am 2019 applicant and I took the test almsot at the same time as you, September 25. Based on what I see in the forums, It's probably going to be at least couple of months until DM and then at least another couple of month for oath. (Maybe even more if your office is Scarborough for example)

Reactions: Soleil2015

Soleil2015

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
I am 2019 applicant and I took the test almsot at the same time as you, September 25. Based on what I see in the forums, It's probably going to be at least couple of months until DM and then at least another couple of month for oath. (Maybe even more if your office is Scarborough for example)
It’s annoying and depressing really
I’m so fed up with ircc

gen_z

May 23, 2018
It took me 4 1/2 months since I took the test (updated to "completed") to get the update, which is Decision Made (all sections of the tracker except for oath turned green), and there was no request for copies of my passport. I believe if you had lots of travel during the required 3 years of residence in Canada, the chances are they will request passport scans.
Hi, I'm in a similar situation (except probably worse), I completed my test in March and is still waiting for DM.... they didn't contact me for interviews or passport.

Could I ask if you think there was a reason for you to wait 4.5months to receive DM? Did you travel a lot? Many thanks

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Hi, I want to ask a general question. I was wondering what's the difference between checking for prohibitions and background verification? Generally, does misrepresentation fall under prohibitions or background verification? Plz let me know.
Good question...I would love to know the difference as well.

Reactions: gen_z