+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Citizenship Test and Additional Documents Request

ridctgbd

Dec 21, 2020
My coworker who got an extra document request has an interview next week. No idea if that’s standard after sending in the extra documents or not.
Thanks for sharing. In case you find more details (e.g. what he needs to do in the interview, when did he submitted the docs and when he got the invitation for the interview etc.), please do share :)

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Thanks for sharing. In case you find more details (e.g. what he needs to do in the interview, when did he submitted the docs and when he got the invitation for the interview etc.), please do share :)
Will do. He submitted most of his docs in the first week of Jan and his medical a few weeks later. It took about 2 weeks after submitting to hear anything and that was the interview date.

ridctgbd

Dec 21, 2020
Will do. He submitted most of his docs in the first week of Jan and his medical a few weeks later. It took about 2 weeks after submitting to hear anything and that was the interview date.
Thanks! I submitted my first batch of doc on Dec 31, and then the health claim summary this Tuesday. May be I should expect to hear something around the second week of February

ridctgbd

Dec 21, 2020
In case you learn anything about your coworker's interview experience, please do share :). I am not finding a lot of responsive people in the forum with this similar status.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
In case you learn anything about your coworker's interview experience, please do share :). I am not finding a lot of responsive people in the forum with this similar status.
Hey, sorry, I forgot about this thread and posted an update in a different one. Here it is:

For people who are interested, I heard from my coworker who ended up getting interviewed after he was asked to submit extra documents because of a travel date discrepancy on his application.

Nothing surprising, they verified all his travel docs and IDs that he had submitted, asked about his employment, and then asked to see the receipts he had for his trips outside of Canada and the purpose of the trip. Pretty much what he probably would have had to shown at an in person interview. They let him know that it all looked good and he’d get an oath invite soon.

So, anyone who made an honest mistake on their application and had to turn in extra documents shouldn’t worry too much. Seems like it’s just to make sure everything checks out.

Reactions: ridctgbd

ridctgbd

Dec 21, 2020
Hey, sorry, I forgot about this thread and posted an update in a different one. Here it is:

For people who are interested, I heard from my coworker who ended up getting interviewed after he was asked to submit extra documents because of a travel date discrepancy on his application.

Nothing surprising, they verified all his travel docs and IDs that he had submitted, asked about his employment, and then asked to see the receipts he had for his trips outside of Canada and the purpose of the trip. Pretty much what he probably would have had to shown at an in person interview. They let him know that it all looked good and he’d get an oath invite soon.

So, anyone who made an honest mistake on their application and had to turn in extra documents shouldn’t worry too much. Seems like it’s just to make sure everything checks out.
That's great to know. Thank you for sharing. Appreciate it.

Reactions: AshesNdust

Chicademos

Apr 26, 2021
Hi
I received my test and the instructions but I wanted some help with clarity, if anyone can be kind to provide. Please, can anyone who has done the test share what exactly happened on their test day-I am not asking for the questions or even their difficulty level. I am interested in how the testing process went, it puts me at ease to know what to expect. I know there is a longer thread on the test and after checking some pages of that, it appears other conversations make it a bit difficult to find the specific answer to my question. So it anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you very much.

Salyo

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hi
I received my test and the instructions but I wanted some help with clarity, if anyone can be kind to provide. Please, can anyone who has done the test share what exactly happened on their test day-I am not asking for the questions or even their difficulty level. I am interested in how the testing process went, it puts me at ease to know what to expect. I know there is a longer thread on the test and after checking some pages of that, it appears other conversations make it a bit difficult to find the specific answer to my question. So it anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you very much.
There is online test guide on YouTube that will help you can search

pasand

Oct 31, 2020
Hi, opening a new thread for sharing experience of those who have received online citizenship test invitation and also additional documents request shortly before or after the test invitation that look like this.

As for me, I am a Aug 2019 applicant from Ottawa. Had my online citizenship test done on Dec 25, 2020, received request for additional documents on Dec 29, 2020, and sent the docs back by replying to the email on Dec 31, 2020 (without the health claim which I mentioned I will send later as soon as I receive it). I had US travel, so I retrieved i-94 from here: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home.

As of today, I haven't received the health claim summary. Also didn't hear back from IRCC. It will be great to know the experience of other applicants who had both online test invitation and additional document request.
what was the email address of Ottawa's office?