+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship application for adults already open...is that true?

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
thanks for sharing the link.by the way a friend of mine just told me that even though it says you can apply online,it is still not functional...after she filled up the forms and uploaded the docs she couldn't submit it,keeps getting an error message.
as for processing times i totally agree that applying online most likely is not going to be any different from paper just like other immigration categories,but it is more convenient and secure applying online i guess.
I actually think online apps will be faster. I wont be surprised if Jan 2021 applicants get citizenship before Jan 2020 applicants. FIFO wont be followed, just like when paper based PR apps were replaced by express entry. Physical files will gather dust.

Humanshado

Jun 27, 2017
where does it say on this page that applicants can apply online for citizenship application ?
Did you read the message below on the page? Read again. There is a link there.

Find out if you can apply online
We’re testing a new online citizenship application. It’s now available for some applicants.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
I actually think online apps will be faster. I wont be surprised if Jan 2021 applicants get citizenship before Jan 2020 applicants. FIFO wont be followed, just like when paper based PR apps were replaced by express entry. Physical files will gather dust.
lets wait and see.
by the way FIFO is not how IRCC process applications,for the most part anyway..every file is different but also lot of other factors play the role in who's application gets processed faster and it's somehow not fair to some applicants who wait eagerly.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
@canadavisa13 You were correct... Unfortunatley my brower was loading old page and I couldn't see it.

Online citizenship files will be processed faster at least in 1 sense that AOR will be issued right away when the application is submitted instead of waiting for months to get AOR.

Processing of the application can be quick depending on how IRCC wants to process online applications. If they still want to process just like paper-based citizenship files, then it's gonna only save time to get AOR.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
@canadavisa13 You were correct... Unfortunatley my brower was loading old page and I couldn't see it.

Online citizenship files will be processed faster at least in 1 sense that AOR will be issued right away when the application is submitted instead of waiting for months to get AOR.

Processing of the application can be quick depending on how IRCC wants to process online applications. If they still want to process just like paper-based citizenship files, then it's gonna only save time to get AOR.
hopefully you can get your citizenship sooner,good luck to you man.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
the only reason i can think of as to why IRCC did not release this milestone news and went quiet,maybe because they do not want to get flooded with so many applications since the system is still new and technical glitches are usually common at the beginning when IRCC launch a new application format.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I hope its not :(

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
the only reason i can think of as to why IRCC did not release this milestone news and went quiet,maybe because they do not want to get flooded with so many applications since the system is still new and technical glitches are usually common at the beginning when IRCC launch a new application format.
agreed.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi all, confirming - the system is already up and running and I submitted my citizenship application online today here https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/landing

Feel really fortunate since I got everything printed out and was about to mail it as paper based today but then learned about the online method last night (thanks to this forum!)

I DID NOT receive AOR right away. Below is the message I got in the end, if it helps:

You successfully submitted your application!

We’ll review your application to make sure you

• provided all of the information we asked for
  • uploaded all required documents
  • paid the fees
If your application is complete, we’ll

• start processing your application
  • send you a confirmation email (acknowledgement of receipt or AOR)
It can take some time before you receive the AOR. Check your email regularly to see if you’ve received it.

If we need more information from you, we’ll contact you by email. To avoid missing our emails

• check your junk or spam folder
  • look for messages from email addresses ending in “@cic.gc.ca”
Check your email regularly.

Check your application status

You can

What your application status means

Prepare for your citizenship test

While waiting for your application, you can start studying for your citizenship test .

When to contact us

While we process your application, contact us if

Contact us

Returning to your application

To return to your application and this page, sign in to your account .

• You can view, but not update your application.
  • If you need to update your application, contact us .
i am glad i started this post on time,good luck to you and hopefully it will be a speedy process.
did your application went through the first time you clicked on submit or got an error message at first?
did you use google chrome,mozilla or other?

zkqxcv

Dec 3, 2020
i am glad i started this post on time,good luck to you and hopefully it will be a speedy process.
did your application went through the first time you clicked on submit or got an error message at first?
did you use google chrome,mozilla or other?
I moved my original message to December-Online thread but will respond to your question here. I didn't get any error messages, it worked first time. I'm on Safari

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
thanks for sharing the link.by the way a friend of mine just told me that even though it says you can apply online,it is still not functional...after she filled up the forms and uploaded the docs she couldn't submit it,keeps getting an error message.
as for processing times i totally agree that applying online most likely is not going to be any different from paper just like other immigration categories,but it is more convenient and secure applying online i guess.
Hey, did your friend end up figuring it out?

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Ha, I was right. Dec 2020 online applicant just got test invite. Lol.

rr18

Mar 7, 2021
This is great - congratulations!!
I submitted paper based in Sep 2020, they just sent it back saying there was an error with my calculation (I have no idea where as I used the online calculator) and am about to submit the online application today. How soon are you taking the test?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now more paper applicants are getting AORs as compared to online applicants (75% vs 25%).

I am confused if we should paper application or online application for my spouse.