Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Will appreciate inputs from anyone who's submitted their application online, or who has an Idea of what I need to do.

I uploaded the PPC which showed the following date ; Your eligibility period is 2016-06-16 to 2021-06-15

The date entered as the date I would sign and submit the application is 2021-06-16.

Now on the Eligibility end date, it gives the following instructions; The eligibility end date is the day before the date you submit your application. Provide the eligibility end date from your physical presence calculator result. I entered the date as 2021-June-15, which is a day before the application will be submitted, but it gives an error - invalid date.

What could I possibly be doing wrong?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Will appreciate inputs from anyone who's submitted their application online, or who has an Idea of what I need to do.

I uploaded the PPC which showed the following date ; Your eligibility period is 2016-06-16 to 2021-06-15

The date entered as the date I would sign and submit the application is 2021-06-16.

Now on the Eligibility end date, it gives the following instructions; The eligibility end date is the day before the date you submit your application. Provide the eligibility end date from your physical presence calculator result. I entered the date as 2021-June-15, which is a day before the application will be submitted, but it gives an error - invalid date.

What could I possibly be doing wrong?
If you are talking about an online application, then I think the end date will always be today -1 day. I don't think you can enter a future date there. You'll have to update that field on the day you submit the application.

If you want to test it out, enter the eligibility end date as yesterday's date (8th June 2021). It will NOT show an error.

So, that field is supposed to be filled on the day you are submitting your application. Not before. That is, you can only update that field to 15 June 2021 only on the 16th of June. Not before that.

Reactions: DPT and Eveslm

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
If you are talking about an online application, then I think the end date will always be today -1 day. I don't think you can enter a future date there. You'll have to update that field on the day you submit the application.

If you want to test it out, enter the eligibility end date as yesterday's date (8th June 2021). It will NOT show an error.

So, that field is supposed to be filled on the day you are submitting your application. Not before. That is, you can only update that field to 15 June 2021 only on the 16th of June. Not before that.
Hah, this worked. So one should just upload the PCC and complete that section on the day they will be submitting their application. It struggled with this for hours, Thanks a lot.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
This is perhaps the most important question and response that every online citizenship applicant should read in my view (other than the 1 day discrepancy issue between the online form and the physical presence calculator). It took me a while to figure it out and now I see this has already been addressed here. Thank you.

I also wonder if there is a separate guide for the online application. There are differences between the current guide and the online form for e.g. the requirement of a checklist, the requirement of a colour copy of all pages of passport, question numbers in the guide not matching the form etc.

Reactions: DPT

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
This is perhaps the most important question and response that every online citizenship applicant should read in my view (other than the 1 day discrepancy issue between the online form and the physical presence calculator). It took me a while to figure it out and now I see this has already been addressed here. Thank you.

I also wonder if there is a separate guide for the online application. There are differences between the current guide and the online form for e.g. the requirement of a checklist, the requirement of a colour copy of all pages of passport, question numbers in the guide not matching the form etc.
At this time, I don't think there is any separate guide for online applications.

DPT

Sep 29, 2017

Thanks for answering this... I thought I was going crazy

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
Hello!

I'm trying to finish up the application form today. On the PPC which I did the other day, I chose today's date, 2021-Nov-17 as the day that I will sign the form. On question 9(a) Eligibility Period should be from 2016-Nov-17 to 2021-Nov-16. For some reason, the form kept giving me the date 2016-Nov-16 to 2021-Nov-16. I tried downloading a new form and filled out everything again from start. When I get to question 9(a), I'm still getting the same wrong date.

Any thoughts? I would appreciate a reply from anyone.

Thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello!

I'm trying to finish up the application form today. On the PPC which I did the other day, I chose today's date, 2021-Nov-17 as the day that I will sign the form. On question 9(a) Eligibility Period should be from 2016-Nov-17 to 2021-Nov-16. For some reason, the form kept giving me the date 2016-Nov-16 to 2021-Nov-16. I tried downloading a new form and filled out everything again from start. When I get to question 9(a), I'm still getting the same wrong date.

Any thoughts? I would appreciate a reply from anyone.

Thanks!
This is known and that is how the form is designed. You can't change it because you only get to enter the "To" date and the "From" date is generated for you on the application form.

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
This is known and that is how the form is designed. You can't change it because you only get to enter the "To" date and the "From" date is generated for you on the application form.
Right! But would that be Ok? On the form it shows 2016-Nov-16 to 2021-Nov-16 while on the PPC I got shows 2016-Nov-17 to 2021-Nov-16. Would not my application be returned?

Thanks btw!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Right! But would that be Ok? On the form it shows 2016-Nov-16 to 2021-Nov-16 while on the PPC I got shows 2016-Nov-17 to 2021-Nov-16. Would not my application be returned?

Thanks btw!
That's the way it has been since October 2020. Many applicants have applied since then and if you ask one of them, they'll tell you its perfectly alright.

Reactions: Survivor27