+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online CIC study permit from India

Madh511

May 26, 2015
I applied online through CIC on the 1st of April, 2015 from India for study permit and TRV. It's been close to 8 weeks whereas in Delhi it takes 3 weeks. This is taking a ridiculously long time. My medicals have passed and documents show as provided. My study term has begun in the University of Lethbridge on the 7th of May,2015.
Is anyone facing a similar issue from India? Please share your experiences.
Thanks in advance.

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Madh511 said:
I applied online through CIC on the 1st of April, 2015 from India for study permit and TRV. It's been close to 8 weeks whereas in Delhi it takes 3 weeks. This is taking a ridiculously long time. My medicals have passed and documents show as provided. My study term has begun in the University of Lethbridge on the 7th of May,2015.
Is anyone facing a similar issue from India? Please share your experiences.
Thanks in advance.
Hi same situation, applied April 14, my classes begun May 5 and still waiting....

Madh511

May 26, 2015
Are there chances that it could be a reject after such a long wait? What is the longest time it has taken to get an approval by applying online for study permit? How long after the LOI does it take for TRV to get stamped in the passport? Tickets cannot be booked in advance with this uncertainty. I need to attend a conference in the first week of June. There is no way to call them and they don't reply to case specific inquiries!!

jayesh009

Jan 12, 2015
Guys make sure you have provided all the necessary supporting documents....
if any thing is missing or any information is unclear it take more time for processing....

Madh511

May 26, 2015
I have submitted all the required documents online. Nothing extra though. They had asked me to submit degree certificates on 8th April after the submission and I did that. Apparently VFS online is way faster. Had I known this would take so long, I would have applied through that.

navraina

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
jammu
Visa Office......
cic online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2014
Doc's Request.
9-12-2014
Med's Done....
05-11-14
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
26-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2015
LANDED..........
very VERY soon
Madh511 said:
I have submitted all the required documents online. Nothing extra though. They had asked me to submit degree certificates on 8th April after the submission and I did that. Apparently VFS online is way faster. Had I known this would take so long, I would have applied through that.
Guys just wait i had also applied for jan intake 2015 but i didnt got the visa thn on 2nd of feb i got mail n call from delhi high commision nd they rewq to submit deffer leter for nxt intake nd my course is nt available in may so i got the sept defer leter nd i submitted it to cic on 6 of feb after that no response from their side . But the day before yesterday i got the pasport request fron cic .. Finbaly got the visa guys just wait

Madh511

May 26, 2015
navraina said:
Guys just wait i had also applied for jan intake 2015 but i didnt got the visa thn on 2nd of feb i got mail n call from delhi high commision nd they rewq to submit deffer leter for nxt intake nd my course is nt available in may so i got the sept defer leter nd i submitted it to cic on 6 of feb after that no response from their side . But the day before yesterday i got the pasport request fron cic .. Finbaly got the visa guys just wait
What?!! You got your visa nearly 6 months after submission!! :eek: Congrats man!! Why are they taking so long?? What is the basic problem in the system? If you've got it after 6 months, I wonder when would I get mine.. :(

adi17

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Hyderabad
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
IELTS Request
8.5, Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
Madh511 said:
What?!! You got your visa nearly 6 months after submission!! :eek: Congrats man!! Why are they taking so long?? What is the basic problem in the system? If you've got it after 6 months, I wonder when would I get mine.. :(
Madh511, they clearly mention on CIC website not to leave applying to the last minute. Dec. applications for Jan entry, April applications for May entry and August applications for September entry will be refused since you didnt provide the VO with enough time to issue you a visa.

Pre-plan and apply well in advance! thats all Ill say.

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adi17 said:
Madh511, they clearly mention on CIC website not to leave applying to the last minute. Dec. applications for Jan entry, April applications for May entry and August applications for September entry will be refused since you didnt provide the VO with enough time to issue you a visa.

Did they mention that application will be refused? can you please send me the link?

Madh511

May 26, 2015
adi17 said:

I got my letter of acceptance from the university only in the end of March. So I couldn't have applied any earlier than I did.

adi17

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Hyderabad
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
IELTS Request
8.5, Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
msh_ca said:
Did they mention that application will be refused? can you please send me the link?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5818E.pdf

Its on page 2

adi17

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Hyderabad
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
IELTS Request
8.5, Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
Madh511 said:
I got my letter of acceptance from the university only in the end of March. So I couldn't have applied any earlier than I did.
Maybe a strong SOP might help. Hope it works out for you.