+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Applications from the US

sanouks

Aug 30, 2012
My passports too reached the NY consulate on 20th and the status in CIC account is "closed" . Even I made a mistake of not storing the USPS tracking IDs of the RETURN ENVELOPES.Any clues, Does any one received the PP from consulate NY app... Still waiting

Dilluu

Jan 24, 2014
Nayeemchy said:
Any January applicant got passport request ?
I got the passport request on 23rd Jan and I don't want to send it today because my passport may stuck at USPS through out weekend. Iwill send my passport on 27th Jan, so that my passport will reach them on 28th Jan to Newyork.

I applied on 15th Jan.

Thanks

PizaVisa

Jan 8, 2014
Dilluu said:
I got the passport request on 23rd Jan and I don't want to send it today because my passport may stuck at USPS through out weekend. Iwill send my passport on 27th Jan, so that my passport will reach them on 28th Jan to Newyork.

I applied on 15th Jan.

Thanks
If you are NOT in hurry, then its fine!
Else, send your package rightaway. You can mark 'No Saturday/Sunday delivery' on the USPS label.
Check with USPS people on that.
This way, it will be delivered there on Monday atleast.

PizaVisa

Jan 8, 2014
klaustacy said:
My passport reached LA office on 17th. Still waiting. And the status in CIC account is "open". I heard once they sent your passport back the status would become "closed".
klaustacy, any change in your CIC status?

HoneyBadger

Star Member
Dec 26, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PizaVisa said:
HoneyBadger, any updates?

My passports too reached the NY consulate on 20th.
I made a mistake of not storing the USPS tracking IDs of the RETURN ENVELOPES.
Any clues, how can that be tracked? Does the consulate reply after sending back the PPs?
I have yet to receive my passport from LA consulate. As far as tracking confirmation goes i am not sure I can provide you with any affirmative information but I would suggested you to check with USPS where you had sent your mail from. They can be your best resource.
As for me, I am just waiting for my passport to return. My return tracking info has not been updated, so i am assuming they have not yet mailed it back.

yesraj

Dec 5, 2013
Does someone know how long will it take to get the passport once the status becomes closed in online application?
My online application status updated to be CLOSED on 22/Jan, but still return tracking is not yet activated.
We have travel on feb 2 and not sure if we receive or not...

Is your status closed in online application?

wolverine13

Nov 20, 2013
PizaVisa said:
I had included -
1. Passports
2. Request letter from Consulate(we get this from the online account) for each applicant.
3. USPS express Prepaid return envelopes for each applicant.

I made a mistake of not copying the USPS tracking IDs from the return envelopes. So not sure how I'd track them.
I'm not sure if Consulate sends any update after they send back the PPs.
Thanks PizaVisa. Are you sure it is 2 return envelopes (1 for each applicant)? Where did you read this?

PizaVisa

Jan 8, 2014
wolverine13 said:
Thanks PizaVisa. Are you sure it is 2 return envelopes (1 for each applicant)? Where did you read this?
I don't think its really necessary.
But My colleague had done the same, n received his PPs properly.
I just followed him :)

(My PPs are still not back, though!!! :( )

PizaVisa

Jan 8, 2014
yesraj said:
Does someone know how long will it take to get the passport once the status becomes closed in online application?
My online application status updated to be CLOSED on 22/Jan, but still return tracking is not yet activated.
We have travel on feb 2 and not sure if we receive or not...

Is your status closed in online application?
When did your PPs reached the consulate?

yesraj

Dec 5, 2013
It reached then on Monday 01/20.
On 01/22, account status changed to CLOSED.
USPS tracking not activated still :-(

PizaVisa

Jan 8, 2014
Finally!!! :)

My and family's PPs are with me, stamped!.
So here's my timeline -
Applied (together with family) - 15th Nov
PPs requested - 16th Jan
PPs sent to NY - 16th Jan (overnight USPS)
PPs reached Consulate - 20th Jan
Return envelope dispatched - 23th Jan
Reached me - 24th Jan (I had sent 3 return envelopes for 3 PPs, they returned 2 envelopes unused in the third one )

(I'm supposed to travel to Canada on 28th(after postponing my plans twice)...It was all coming too close for comfort even now too!!! It was an ordeal since more than 2 months!)

Wish you guys all the best for your process!!!

nathan1018

Jan 16, 2014
I have also good news:

Applied - 20th Dec
PPs requested - 13th Jan
PPs sent to NY - 16th Jan ( USPS EXPRESS)
PPs reached Consulate - 17th Jan
Received PPs with visa stamps(8 years, Multi) - 24thJan

PizaVisa said:
Finally!!! :)

My and family's PPs are with me, stamped!.
So here's my timeline -
Applied (together with family) - 15th Nov
PPs requested - 16th Jan
PPs sent to NY - 16th Jan (overnight USPS)
PPs reached Consulate - 20th Jan
Return envelope dispatched - 23th Jan
Reached me - 24th Jan (I had sent 3 return envelopes for 3 PPs, they returned 2 envelopes unused in the third one )

(I'm supposed to travel to Canada on 28th(after postponing my plans twice)...It was all coming too close for comfort even now too!!! It was an ordeal since more than 2 months!)

Wish you guys all the best for your process!!!

klaustacy

Jan 7, 2014
Congrats PizaVisa! I just logged in and saw the status became "closed", and the decision says "approved." I suppose they already processed it and should mail it back to me today! I'll let you know once my usps tacking activated!

PizaVisa said:
klaustacy, any change in your CIC status?