+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online applications from South Africa - How long is the process??

dfabmwaniki

Dec 9, 2015
Hi pals,

I need help with my application.

I applied online for a visitors visa on the 5th November 2015. It was refused :( because the officer felt we didn't convince him that we would return after our visit in Canada.
We re-applied on the 9th November 2015 with more supporting documents proving that we will return, (meaning proof of property, assets, flight itinerary, strong family ties in South Africa, etc). They send two messages on myCIC account to 'Confirmation of online application' and 'Submission Confirmation' on the 9th November 2015. They soon asked for more documents on the 'Request Letter' on the 12th November and we submitted soon thereafter.
It is now the 9th Dec and we still haven't heard anything from them. We are due to travel on the 11th Dec and it seems we will have to re-book our flights but we are not sure when to change them to since I have read most people only get their passports after a week or two after submitting them to be stamped. Is there anything we can do to find out how much longer it will take or should we take a leap of faith and re-book our flights for the 18th Dec (which is a week later) and hope that they will respond before Friday, which will give us enough time to send the passports and receive them. I just want to find out why they ask to show the itinerary of flights if they will not issue the visa within the days you are due to travel. Do they consider your travel dates on your application?

Any help and advice will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Dee

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Processing times are different for each application - it's unfortunately impossible for any of us to say how long it will take for yours.

No - they don't always consider travel dates.