+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online application - Upload additional documents

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hello,

For online Citizenship applications, can I upload the additionals documents in the Upload more documents sections as listed below and add details in LOE?

Physical Presence Eligibility days 1140 Today:

1. I-94 of USA visits in the last 5 years (H1B/H4). Visited the USA 3 years ago for 120 days on a work visa.

2. We have filed taxes in Canada for 2019 (Lived >180 days)/2020/2021. However, In 2018 were present in Canada for < 90 days so didn't file the taxes. Tax filing was done in USA as we were residents there. Can we upload all the T4s and & NOA, although it's not asked exclusively?

3. After landing in Canada Oct 2018 till dec 2018, went to usa + India for 177 days in total. for PCC as they require 183 days in any country out of canada for last 4 years, we have answered "No". However, I didn't find any description or notes table to add comments.

Section tooltip :
Include any other document or information that you want us to review when we process your application.

Please, guide me here.

cc : @rajkamalmohanram

Last edited:

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Yes, you can attach the additional documents in that section. if you want.

However, while the i94 can be useful for th extensive travel you had in the US, not sure IRCC actually needs your tax files. I wouldn't attach those myself, and I haven't seen people here say that they needed to do so (maybe in the case of a RQ, but you'd deal with that at that time and the tax records wouldn't be enough to avoid a RQ if IRCC considers sending one!).

And for the 3rd question, well, there's nothing to explain really, "no" is self explanatory and IRCC has access to the number of days in your physical presence document anyway. That doesn't mean that IRCC won't ask for a PCC down the line, they can do so if they deem it necessary (at times even if you're under the 183 days threshold...), but for now, keep it simple.

Good luck !

Reactions: DonDraper

DonDraper

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Yes, you can attach the additional documents in that section. if you want.

However, while the i94 can be useful for th extensive travel you had in the US, not sure IRCC actually needs your tax files. I wouldn't attach those myself, and I haven't seen people here say that they needed to do so (maybe in the case of a RQ, but you'd deal with that at that time and the tax records wouldn't be enough to avoid a RQ if IRCC considers sending one!).

And for the 3rd question, well, there's nothing to explain really, "no" is self explanatory and IRCC has access to the number of days in your physical presence document anyway. That doesn't mean that IRCC won't ask for a PCC down the line, they can do so if they deem it necessary (at times even if you're under the 183 days threshold...), but for now, keep it simple.

Good luck !
Sure, thanks for answering my questions. Appreciate it :).

I have attached I-94 and Full passport copy as during the 170+ days visited 2 countries.
In a letter of explanation, I have given extensive details of my Travel history during the absence days (177 days) and added a few lines for not submitting PCC as we traveled to the country of origin i.e USA.