NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
June 6, 2013
LANDED..........
June 26, 2013
DocRZ said:
Hello guys! Fresh from the oven... Port of Entry Letter of Introduction received. Walang ng makakapigil pa!
congrats doc.. see u here in UoA

peggiechua

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msladybug said:
Thank you peggie!
God bless to all of us!

Nagapply ka kelan? If we can help you, we'll be glad to lend a hand :)
Si hubby ko mag apply ng student. Gusto ko din tuloy pag aaral ko. Pagisipan ko pa kung mag aaply din ako or sya muna mauna mag aral. Na posponed pag appky. Dapat nung march kami apply. May inaayos kasi ako na business dito. Baka next year na. Para maraming madala na ipon sa canada and para okay din mapakita namin na income para walang ma deny samin. Sana next year mag visit pa din kayo ni DocRZ dito sa forum. Para pag nag start na kami and yung iba din ma help nyo kami. Goodluck and Congratz! :)

mizpahdevera

Aug 12, 2013
Hello!

Just need urgent help..

We had received a letter of request for medical exams but we havent received the forms yet.

Will the forms be sent thru email or thru regular mail.. They said we need to have the med exams within 30 days, we received the letter August 1.

I'm worried!

thank you

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Hi mizpahdevera, nag-paper-based po ba kayo through VFS? Kung paper-based po, nauna po kasi akong inemail ng CIC, naka-attach po sa e-mail ang form na dadalhin niyo to the clinic where you'll have your med exam. Tinext rin po ako ng VFS 2 days later na pwede kong kunin ang letter sa kanila from Mon-Fri, 3-4PM. Hindi ko na po kinuha at pinirint ko na lang para diretcho na sa clinic :) Just make sure to open the PDF file with Adobe Reader kasi dun niyo lang po mavview ang barcode at yun po ang pinaka-importante. hope this helps!

mizpahdevera said:
Hello!

Just need urgent help..

We had received a letter of request for medical exams but we havent received the forms yet.

Will the forms be sent thru email or thru regular mail.. They said we need to have the med exams within 30 days, we received the letter August 1.

I'm worried!

thank you

cruzmariacarla

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila , Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2013
Med's Request
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
Hi Everyone!

Ive been reading through the thread for the past 2 hours and I must say I regret not knowing this forum prior to my application. This forum has so many informations which I find more helpful than the ones you can find at the cic website (sorry for that harshness right there, but i had a hard time understanding some of their requirements and details). Anyways, Here's a quick profile about me. I applied for a student permit with co-op work permit(supposedly) via online application last July 20, 2013. If visa will be granted, I'll be studying at a private school in vancouver, bc on November 4, 2013. My course is (a bit hesitant but i'll be asked about this anyways) going to be a 2yr full time study in Fashion Merchandising. 1st year (full time study) and 2nd year (co-op work as it's part of the curriculum). Right now I'm just worried that I might have overlooked one of the requirements. Did you guys pass the document checklist along with the other requirements? I wasnt able to pass mine as I got confused and yeah i kind of forgot it as well. Any thoughts on this? Thanks guys!

Carla :)

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Hi Carla! :) Welcome to the forum!

Your course sounds interesting to be honest, and nakakainiggit na November ka pa! haha Anyway to answer your question, I submitted the document check-list but mine was a paper-based application so my docs were screened in person by VFS and hypothetically kung may kulang na CIC form, I could pay extra and they'll print it on the spot. The document check-list should be the very first page they would see, followed by the barcode page of the student permit form and then followed by the order of the forms in the checklist.

If the checklist is the only thing you didn't submit, then I don't think it would be a big deal. If it was really important, they should've contacted you to submit it to them but I think it'd be a waste of resources just to resubmit a 1-page checklist haha! Those are my personal opinions though, don't take my word for it haha

cruzmariacarla said:
Hi Everyone!

Ive been reading through the thread for the past 2 hours and I must say I regret not knowing this forum prior to my application. This forum has so many informations which I find more helpful than the ones you can find at the cic website (sorry for that harshness right there, but i had a hard time understanding some of their requirements and details). Anyways, Here's a quick profile about me. I applied for a student permit with co-op work permit(supposedly) via online application last July 20, 2013. If visa will be granted, I'll be studying at a private school in vancouver, bc on November 4, 2013. My course is (a bit hesitant but i'll be asked about this anyways) going to be a 2yr full time study in Fashion Merchandising. 1st year (full time study) and 2nd year (co-op work as it's part of the curriculum). Right now I'm just worried that I might have overlooked one of the requirements. Did you guys pass the document checklist along with the other requirements? I wasnt able to pass mine as I got confused and yeah i kind of forgot it as well. Any thoughts on this? Thanks guys!

Carla :)

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Congrats Doc! Hope you enjoy Toronto, you deserve to be rewarded for your never-ending patience! ;)

DocRZ said:
Hello guys! Fresh from the oven... Port of Entry Letter of Introduction received. Walang ng makakapigil pa!

mizpahdevera

Aug 12, 2013
humdrumdum said:
Hi mizpahdevera, nag-paper-based po ba kayo through VFS? Kung paper-based po, nauna po kasi akong inemail ng CIC, naka-attach po sa e-mail ang form na dadalhin niyo to the clinic where you'll have your med exam. Tinext rin po ako ng VFS 2 days later na pwede kong kunin ang letter sa kanila from Mon-Fri, 3-4PM. Hindi ko na po kinuha at pinirint ko na lang para diretcho na sa clinic :) Just make sure to open the PDF file with Adobe Reader kasi dun niyo lang po mavview ang barcode at yun po ang pinaka-importante. hope this helps!

hello..
yes paper-based yung sinend namin but not thru vfs. nakareceive kami ng emai from cic telling us to pay for the permanent residence fees and undergo medical exams. they said that the forms will be sent to sent within 72 hours, but still havent received them. we had paid the rprf already.

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
@mizpahdevera: Ah, sorry I'm not sure po what's the general procedure for permanent residency, puro student permit po kasi ang pinag-applyan namin haha maybe someone else can help here :) Kung past 72 hours na po at yun talaga ang nakasulat, that should give you enough reason to follow-up directly with CEM. :)

cruzmariacarla

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila , Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2013
Med's Request
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
Wow you answer fast! hahaha! I very much appreciate your insight on this one. It was actually the first thing i saw upon checking the requirements needed for a study permit but unfortunately i missed it. Sorry i dont recall how long it took you before you received your visa? All i know is that you got yours really fast :p I'm apprehensive with this waiting game.

humdrumdum said:
Hi Carla! :) Welcome to the forum!

Your course sounds interesting to be honest, and nakakainiggit na November ka pa! haha Anyway to answer your question, I submitted the document check-list but mine was a paper-based application so my docs were screened in person by VFS and hypothetically kung may kulang na CIC form, I could pay extra and they'll print it on the spot. The document check-list should be the very first page they would see, followed by the barcode page of the student permit form and then followed by the order of the forms in the checklist.

If the checklist is the only thing you didn't submit, then I don't think it would be a big deal. If it was really important, they should've contacted you to submit it to them but I think it'd be a waste of resources just to resubmit a 1-page checklist haha! Those are my personal opinions though, don't take my word for it haha

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Got my stamped passport! Buti na lang isang tumbling lang ang VFS mula dito sa bahay.

Humdrumdum, salamat! I have 4 days to spend enjoying Toronto.
Will visit Niagara Falls, Toronto Zoo, Wonderland...

Peggy, you can count on us. We will pay whatever we learned here forward.

Ultrawax, not sure kung makakavisit pa ako ng UAlberta before the term starts. Siguro if my professor has a project with a faculty of UofA and he invited me to come with him, then I have the chance to meet you and HopefulAngel.

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
@ cruzmariacarla: I actually still don't know the result of my application HAHA! I just finished taking my medical exam earlier this morning at St. Luke's Global. Should there be no setbacks, I should receive my passport some time next week :) (At least I'm hoping to...)

I just submitted my application last July 30 despite my class already starting on September 3, so naghahabol talaga ako HAHA So far, super bilis ng application ko! Just waited 1 week before I got my med request, I only took it now because of my period hehe I was wait-listed in my school because late na ako nakapag-apply so late rin ako naaccept ng school... Buti na lang at mabilis-bilis na ang processing, it seems that nagbukas na rin ng VAC sa Tokyo and Seoul, so siguro mas manageable na ang load ng CEM :)

@DocRZ: Wah, kainggit! :)) I'd love to see where they shoot episodes of Suits hahaha

cruzmariacarla

Star Member
Aug 12, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila , Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2013
Med's Request
02-11-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
22-11-2013
oops sorry :) but really? you got a medical request in a week after you submitted your application? Wow! I applied July 20 and still no reply aside from the notice na lodged na my application :( Initially for september 2013 class ako but the strike wont allow me to do so and the processing time so yun naging November. Honestly have no idea if habol lang ba ako sa class, I will have to ask them about that. St Lukes? I heard mas okay sa IOM? Oh well, you're really lucky, ang bilis ng process. This is on a paper application diba? im so anxious about this. Maiba ako, have you found a place to stay? Grabe ang vancouver, hanggang langit ang rental! hahaha

humdrumdum said:
@ cruzmariacarla: I actually still don't know the result of my application HAHA! I just finished taking my medical exam earlier this morning at St. Luke's Global. Should there be no setbacks, I should receive my passport some time next week :) (At least I'm hoping to...)

I just submitted my application last July 30 despite my class already starting on September 3, so naghahabol talaga ako HAHA So far, super bilis ng application ko! Just waited 1 week before I got my med request, I only took it now because of my period hehe I was wait-listed in my school because late na ako nakapag-apply so late rin ako naaccept ng school... Buti na lang at mabilis-bilis na ang processing, it seems that nagbukas na rin ng VAC sa Tokyo and Seoul, so siguro mas manageable na ang load ng CEM :)

@ DocRZ: Wah, kainggit! :)) I'd love to see where they shoot episodes of Suits hahaha

humdrumdum

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
Naka-chikka ko kanina yung person next in line sakin, she told me na online application rin siya at nagulat rin sya at ang bilis ng application ko. I'm quite surprised myself, really o__O I think it's best to coordinate with your school already if they will allow you to come in late or if you should defer your acceptance. In most cases, if you will be denied a study permit (not to jinx it!), the school will refund 100% of your tuition which is why I decided to take the gamble...

I can't really compare the two kasi I can only speak for one =)) St. Luke's Global (not Ermita hehe) is brand new, actually wala sya explicitly sa listahan ng CIC, kaya kakaonti pa lang ang nagmemedical for Canada. Same rate with Ermita branch but with top of the line facilities. Kahit walk-in sya, I got there just right after they opened at 8AM, and I was still first in line haha Medyo malamig nga lang so a jacket would come in handy :) If I had to be picky, my only qualm is that medyo masungit yung doctor kanina, but I understand naman since she looks like nag-double shift sya HAHA Otherwise, everything went perfectly well, and I was finished after roughly 3 hours tops. Kasabay niyo kasi ang applicants for US and Australia so may onting pila rin. The physical exam is not much to worry about; you'll have to disrobe but may gown and kumot naman. Sisilipin lang ng doctor ang iyong nether regions... HAHA It's over in less than 5 mins! Strict lang sila with your ID's, kailangan consistent with your passport details, especially your full name and birth date. Plus the free shuttle service is convenient, meron papuntang Ayala, Gil Puyat and Market Market. Sold na sold ako sa SLMC Global ;D

Yep, my application is paper-based :) Yes, I already have an apartment to stay in that's 1 bus stop away from my school. Mura lang nakuha ko kasi I'll be sharing with 3 other people haha If you'll be staying in Downtown, mahal talaga D:

cruzmariacarla said:
oops sorry :) but really? you got a medical request in a week after you submitted your application? Wow! I applied July 20 and still no reply aside from the notice na lodged na my application :( Initially for september 2013 class ako but the strike wont allow me to do so and the processing time so yun naging November. Honestly have no idea if habol lang ba ako sa class, I will have to ask them about that. St Lukes? I heard mas okay sa IOM? Oh well, you're really lucky, ang bilis ng process. This is on a paper application diba? im so anxious about this. Maiba ako, have you found a place to stay? Grabe ang vancouver, hanggang langit ang rental! hahaha