+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Application doubt on this question

Blueveia

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
This is the question they ask on the online application process:
Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?

But if you click the [?] help button, the following will appear:
This means you will be staying with a family member who is already in Canada, or has applied to come to Canada and has been accepted as a visitor, worker or student.

I am going to stay with my uncle, but he won't accompanying me to Canada on the flight, should I say Yes or No?

nileshkaka

Star Member
Sep 28, 2013
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
Online Delhi CHC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 sep 2013
Doc's Request.
30 sep 2013
IELTS Request
7 overall
Med's Request
--
Med's Done....
23 sep 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8 oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
15 oct 2013
LANDED..........
21 feb 2014
Blueveia said:
Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?

This means you will be staying with a family member who is already in Canada, or has applied to come to Canada and has been accepted as a visitor, worker or student.

I am going to stay with my uncle, but he won't accompanying me to Canada on the flight, should I say Yes or No?
"This means you will be staying with a family member who is already in Canada". As your uncle is already in Canada and you'll be staying with him so the answer will be YES.

KhurramSaeed86

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
I guess the answer will be no please read the details which appear when you click the question mark in online application.

Blueveia

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
nileshkaka said:
"This means you will be staying with a family member who is already in Canada". As your uncle is already in Canada and you'll be staying with him so the answer will be YES.
But the question mentions ACCOMPANYING which is underline and if i click in it it shows the following:
"Accompanying you means that this person intends to come to Canada at the same time as you."

I mean the help is contradicting the question. Also If I say YES, they will ask me for a Proof of Relationship, If i say NO they don't ask for this.

twentyone

Jul 23, 2013
India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
IELTS Request
8 bands
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013

twentyone

Jul 23, 2013
India
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2013
IELTS Request
8 bands
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
family member here means your immediate family member. for example your mother, brother, etc.

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PER: 20th August 2014
IELTS Request
8.0 Overall (7.5 Minimum)
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
Blueveia said:

Listen.. It simply means:

First: Is any of your family member (mom, dad, brother, sister - dats it) coming along with you (it can be in the same application or otherwise), or already in Canada ??
- If NO: then just say NO and MOVE ON...!!!

Second: If YES, then do they have a Valid Canadian Status - Resident, Citizen, Student Visa, Worker Visa.
If YES, say YES.. otherwise.. say NO.. and MOVE ON...!!!

PS: with your case.. u will just go with NO..

I hope this helps you..
All the best..

Reactions: Szahra

kmrpiy

Jan 16, 2023
First: Is any of your family member (mom, dad, brother, sister - dats it) coming along with you (it can be in the same application or otherwise), or already in Canada ??
I am still confused, my wife is already in Canada, but I'll be travelling alone. It is Yes or No?

As12

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
I am still confused, my wife is already in Canada, but I'll be travelling alone. It is Yes or No?
There are two versions of similar question when applying visa. One is, will someone travel with you. The other question is will you stay in someone from your family already in Canada. This is not asked if someone will travel with you. If no one will travel with you tick No.