+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One year since AIP and still no news!!!!

Indeepwait

May 16, 2011
Allo everyone,
Congrats to those of you who just landed or who are about to do so and I cross my finder for those who are still in the process. As far as I'm concerned, a year has passed since I was granted AIP and yet I haven't receive the final decision. I even ordered foss notes to try figure out what the problem might be, but I just can't find any. The last time I spoke to CIC rep, I was told that the file was transfered to the oversea mission for BC (File was tranfered in the beginning of 2011) and the local office still awaiting the result. I even sent an email to the oversea mission asking to know if there is any issue and why the file is taking that long ( Got an automated response stating that they will only repply to me within 48 days only and only if there is any REAL delays in the processing time of my application - Note that it's been more than 70 days and I got nothing ) So guys my questions are:
1- Those of you who got MP's involved in their application, How would you say the MP's involvment was of any help?
2- Is there any option have to make things go faster than they are now?
3- Do sending a complaint letter to the foreign affairs would help get a response from the oversea mission?

I sincerely appreciate your comments and advises with regards to this matter.