Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2015
Hi guys,

Intend to apply inland for my wife's PR and also for the OWP at the same time. Before doing that I wanted to check here regarding the following:

- How long are they taking on average for the OWP approval? CIC website states 4 months but is it really? I read in another thread that it could be 15 months?? Can the people who got the OWP please share their timeline?

- Looking at the spreadsheets in the Inland threads, I gather there are the following stages in an inland application - Applicaiton received, AOR receoved, SA, AIP (what is this?), Decision. Can someone please tell at which stage is your OWP approved? I read on this thread that if you have AIP that you are eligible for provincial health insurance, is this true or are we eligible before then? Has anyone done this in BC? Are you able to get MSP coverage if your OWP is approved?

Also, is there a google spreadsheet made tracking the progress on the OWP's, like the PR applications??

alampasis

Mar 23, 2015
Hi everybody. Just to let you know that I received my OWP yesterday. Application sent separately from PR in Jan 26th 2015. Date issued May 13th.Valid for two years.Case #27.Good luck to everybody guys.Hope you get yours soon.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
VN said:
Hi guys,

Intend to apply inland for my wife's PR and also for the OWP at the same time. Before doing that I wanted to check here regarding the following:

- How long are they taking on average for the OWP approval? CIC website states 4 months but is it really? I read in another thread that it could be 15 months?? Can the people who got the OWP please share their timeline?

- Looking at the spreadsheets in the Inland threads, I gather there are the following stages in an inland application - Applicaiton received, AOR receoved, SA, AIP (what is this?), Decision. Can someone please tell at which stage is your OWP approved? I read on this thread that if you have AIP that you are eligible for provincial health insurance, is this true or are we eligible before then? Has anyone done this in BC? Are you able to get MSP coverage if your OWP is approved?

Also, is there a google spreadsheet made tracking the progress on the OWP's, like the PR applications??
It should be about 4 months.

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
VN said:
Hi guys,

I got my OWP 10 weeks after submitting the application. But something tells me thats not really the norm...

hooligander

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
danny87 said:
Hi Hooligander,

I couldn't track my OWP status. It just arrived by mail unannounced which made me very happy.

There was no letter included. The only thing in the envelope was the work permit.
The date of issuance is mentioned on the work permit as well as the expiry date so thats how I know.

Also there's a couple of remarks on my OWP. 1 states that it's issued , but there's a pending FC (Family Class) apr. (approval)
The other remarks I have are that I maintained my status as a temporary resident under R183(6) which basically means implied status as a temporary resident after my previous permit expired. (I had an open work permit until the 1st of May under the IEC initiative.)

Also I cannot follow any professional, educational or vocational courses and I cannot work doing massages or in anything sex-trade related (that last one made me laugh :p )

As to the AOR, I received one for my application for permanent residence on the 29th of march (applied the 3rd of march) and my wife received an AOR for her application and her UCI to sponsor me on the 7th of may. Before that second AOR we could not login to ECAS, but after that we could both login to ECAS which stated that they started processing her application to sponsor me at the 6th of May. I assume thats also when they started processing my OWP application so I guess it all depends on the case officer that has been assigned to your application package.

I hope this helps you!

Thanks, that clears things up for me :)

Happy job hunting

tinabenamer

Apr 6, 2015
Hi Guys,

I need a little help.

We have submitted sponsorship application February 24, 2015.
On March 24, 2015 we submitted a VISITOR extension application online.
On April 6, 2015 we submitted a OWP application.(I just realized it after reading some threads)
On April 30, 2015 i received an email from CIC that they already received our Sponsorship application.
On May 21, 2015 - I got an Approval for my Visitor extension.

Do you have any idea when am i gonna get my OWP.

Thank you

tinabenamer

Apr 6, 2015
Hi Guys,

I need a little help.

On April 6, 2015 we submitted a OWP application.(I just realized it after reading some threads)
On April 30, 2015 i received an email from CIC that they already received our Sponsorship application.

Thank you

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinabenamer said:
Hi Guys,

I need a little help.

Thank you
CIC was saying it would be ~ 4 months, so...maybe sometime in early August?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
danny87 said:
Also there's a couple of remarks on my OWP. 1 states that it's issued , but there's a pending FC (Family Class) apr. (approval)
Just a note on this:
APR = Application for Permanent Residence

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Did you have any information on your ECAS, regarding the OWP? I was able to log in for the first time today (exciting), but the only information I found is "PR App received", nothing on OWP.

frenzie2

May 21, 2015
Hi Guys,

Need a little help to a question.

My wife is currently on a student visa that's expiring at the end of July.
I will be sending in an application to sponsor her very shortly.

She previously had a Post-Graduation Work Permit so cannot apply for that.

To apply for an OWP with the PR application are there any limitations / requirements?
Does she need a LMIA? Skill Level 0, A or B?

Or should she apply to extend her stay as Visitor?

chrismgallen

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
NB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2015
AOR Received.
23-07-2015 OWP Received.: 20-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
frenzie2 said:
Hi Guys,

Need a little help to a question.

My wife is currently on a student visa that's expiring at the end of July.
I will be sending in an application to sponsor her very shortly.

She previously had a Post-Graduation Work Permit so cannot apply for that.

To apply for an OWP with the PR application are there any limitations / requirements?
Does she need a LMIA? Skill Level 0, A or B?

Or should she apply to extend her stay as Visitor?
My understanding, and I'm sure someone will correct me if this isn't the case, is that anyone can apply for the OWP with their PR application as long as they are within status - i.e., current permit or visitor visa / implied status.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She can apply for an OWP with an Inland sponsorship application even if she is out of status, but...she would not qualify for the Pilot Program OWP and would need to wait until she has AIP (Approval in Principle) before her OWP would be processed.

There's a big difference between the 4 month OWP and the 17 month OWP!

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
MaryLou6 said:
Did you have any information on your ECAS, regarding the OWP? I was able to log in for the first time today (exciting), but the only information I found is "PR App received", nothing on OWP.
Hi, Apparently there is no way to track this, since CIC doesn't seem to think that this is important in any way I guess, so just wait and hope for the best