+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

one-year pilot OWP for spouses and common-law partners

alampasis

Mar 23, 2015
cro_pug said:
As a January the third applicant do i need to pay the difference too?

No you don't.Only applicants whose application is received after the 21st of February have to pay the extra $100.

birdboy008

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
I'm just wondering about updating my address with CIC. I have moved and immediately updated my address through ECAS for my PR application. However, I don't know how to update my address with my pending OWP application (sent separately on Feb 10). It would be nice to have some idea of where they are with it. It would also be nice to have an application number to submit a "case specific enquiry."

Does updating your address through ECAS update everything on the go with CIC or should I continue try and get through to CIC?

Either way, the people who bought the house I was staying are willing to contact me if something comes. Also set up the forwarding with Canada Post. If my OWP goes the old address I should still get it.

hooligander

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
cro_pug said:
As a January the third applicant do i need to pay the difference too?

No it was only after Feb 22nd I believe

carolinaf

Jan 26, 2015
hey everyone, just an upadate.... I finally got my OWP today, I applied for it on December 29, 2014 and for PR in July 2014. Good luck to everyone else :D

alampasis

Mar 23, 2015
carolinaf said:
hey everyone, just an upadate.... I finally got my OWP today, I applied for it on December 29, 2014 and for PR in July 2014. Good luck to everyone else :D
Congratulations.Hope mine is on the way

jeda555

Mar 10, 2015
Hi
I have received OWP on april 28, I am curious that Can I apply for a job outside my province since me and my partner, we are in common-law relationship?

Thank you very much

alampasis

Mar 23, 2015
jeda555 said:
Hi
I have received OWP on april 28, I am curious that Can I apply for a job outside my province since me and my partner, we are in common-law relationship?

Thank you very much

From what I understand is that you have already apply for PR as a spouse sponsorship or common law, and now that you got your OWP you want to work outside of the province.Be careful because the most basic rule for your sponsorship to be approved is you and your partner to live in the same place,same house. If you go to another house, even if the reason is work you will be denied your PR

Aplicant

Apr 30, 2015
hooligander said:
I mentioned earlier that my lawyer forgot to tell me about the $100 fee that was tacked on in February.

Well CIC sent back my application asking for the receipt despite the fact I sent it a week later separate with a note.

Just an FYI
Hi there,
I have a almost identical situation about the $100 fee. I send the extra $100 payment receipt but I don't even have news at all...
did they return only de OWP application form?
Are planing to resend your OWP application? or what we should do?

Thanks for your help

Janina

Apr 21, 2015
Aplicant said:
Hi there,
I have a almost identical situation about the $100 fee. I send the extra $100 payment receipt but I don't even have news at all...
did they return only de OWP application form?
Are planing to resend your OWP application? or what we should do?

Thanks for your help
Did You send the receipt to Mississauga or Vegreville? I sent my PR and OWP together to Mississauga end of February and now I think I have to resend the payment receipt for the OWP since I only paid $155 and it actually got refunded to my credit card a month later. I just wonder wether to send it to Mississauga or Vegreville??

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Janina said:
Did You send the receipt to Mississauga or Vegreville? I sent my PR and OWP together to Mississauga end of February and now I think I have to resend the payment receipt for the OWP since I only paid $155 and it actually got refunded to my credit card a month later. I just wonder wether to send it to Mississauga or Vegreville??
Since your payment has already been credited back to your credit card, sending the old receipt won't do anything; you need to pay again and send THAT receipt...and hope that CIC hasn't already returned your OWP application for non-payment.

Do you still have legal status, because any implied status that you would have had by submitting the OWP at the same time as the Inland application would no longer apply.

Good luck!

Aplicant

Apr 30, 2015
Janina said:
Well, I am hoping to reach my application still in Mississauga cos I send it as soon I received my AOR and I really don't know what is going to happen... no credit card refund yet... just cross my fingers...

But in your case I think Ponga is right, and you need to do the procedure again and apply for OWP for an existing PR application to ( Vegreville?)

RoySka

Mar 19, 2015
kszhang said:
My wife has sent her OWP application seperately on Jan 7, 2015, and still no response yet right now.

She tried to call the CIC agent, and you know, useless as usual. They asked her to call back once four months has passed... :( :mad:

Does anyone mailed on the early Jan still waiting for the OWP?

I sent my wife application the first week of January and still no news from her open work permit. It has to come this month. Finger cross

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kszhang said:
My wife has sent her OWP application seperately on Jan 7, 2015, and still no response yet right now.

She tried to call the CIC agent, and you know, useless as usual. They asked her to call back once four months has passed... :( :mad:

Does anyone mailed on the early Jan still waiting for the OWP?

I sent my wife application the first week of January and still no news from her open work permit. It has to come this month. Finger cross
It seems like CIC is taking ~ 4 months to process the OWP, so you should see it sometime this month.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Aplicant said:
Well, I am hoping to reach my application still in Mississauga cos I send it as soon I received my AOR and I really don't know what is going to happen... no credit card refund yet... just cross my fingers...

But in your case I think Ponga is right, and you need to do the procedure again and apply for OWP for an existing PR application to ( Vegreville?)
Is a credit card refund the only feedback we get if our OWP applications get rejected?

Looks like I'm going to have to scour over some bills...

cro_pug

Apr 19, 2015
Hey guys and girls
Just letting you know
I just got my OWP :)))))))
Im so happy omg :)
I applied January the third and got it today
Good luck everybody !!!!!!