+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

one-year pilot OWP for spouses and common-law partners

hithere

Feb 8, 2012
mrcanada said:
facebook group members reported few OWP issued under the pilot project. Some applied in December and some in January.
Hi, can you send me the link of that group?

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrcanada said:
facebook group members reported few OWP issued under the pilot project. Some applied in December and some in January.
What's the link to the facebook group please?

vinotintazo

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2, 2015 (Forms with Typos)
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2015 OWP: April 27, 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 9, 2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
SA: April 12, 2016 AIP: April 12, 2016 DM: April 12, 2016 Interview: Waived
LANDED..........
May 3, 2016
Just a quick update here, I successfully received the OWP yesterday.

Feb 9 2015 applicant. seems they are handing them out very quiclky now.

Good luck to all!. :)

mrcanada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
that's awesome! I'm glad that they are following through at least with this aspect.

Everyone was so suspicious, especially the senior memebers on here, about this pilot project. I'm glad to see it working.

kszhang

Nov 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
My wife has sent her OWP application seperately on Jan 7, 2015, and still no response yet right now.

She tried to call the CIC agent, and you know, useless as usual. They asked her to call back once four months has passed... :( :mad:

Does anyone mailed on the early Jan still waiting for the OWP?

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinotintazo said:
Just a quick update here, I successfully received the OWP yesterday.

Feb 9 2015 applicant. seems they are handing them out very quiclky now.

Good luck to all!. :)
Congrat....I'm sure you'll be the first February applicant to receive OWP.

trojan00

Apr 3, 2015
carolinaf said:
I think you should apply for visitor just to be on the safe side, thats what our lawyer advised us to do and I think it was the right decision. Good luck to you
Thank you very much for response. Is there faster way to apply for visitor. Maybe if I am going to Niagara and cross the board. I dont know how safe is that. If i need to restore my status there is no way that I can apply online because of the restoration. 102 days is too long for paper application. Is there anybody who get OWP directly from restoration without visitor or other status?

raffylopezcutora

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - inland app
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2014
AOR Received.
September 9, 2015
Med's Request
September 15, 2015
Med's Done....
September 29, 2014 - upfront
Interview........
October 28, 2015
LANDED..........
October 28, 2015
kszhang said:
My wife has sent her OWP application seperately on Jan 7, 2015, and still no response yet right now.

She tried to call the CIC agent, and you know, useless as usual. They asked her to call back once four months has passed... :( :mad:

Does anyone mailed on the early Jan still waiting for the OWP?
i sent mine last January 19, 2015 separate from my sponsorship app, still got no news from them :'(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trojan00 said:
Thank you very much for response. Is there faster way to apply for visitor. Maybe if I am going to Niagara and cross the board. I dont know how safe is that. If i need to restore my status there is no way that I can apply online because of the restoration. 102 days is too long for paper application. Is there anybody who get OWP directly from restoration without visitor or other status?
I'll answer the PM that you sent me, here:

Are you now out of status, because you have not yet applied for Restoration of Status?

While you are in the 90 day window for RoS you do not have legal status and would likely not qualify for the pilot OWP.

Amzsnash

Apr 29, 2015
I submitted my application on Jan 15th through mail and have heard nothing so far. Tried calling the help centre a couple of times but can't get through. Starting to get worried.

trojan00

Apr 3, 2015
Ponga said:
I'll answer the PM that you sent me, here:

Are you now out of status, because you have not yet applied for Restoration of Status?

While you are in the 90 day window for RoS you do not have legal status and would likely not qualify for the pilot OWP.
I still have 60 days to restore my status. So i will apply for restoration then and wait for visitor then send my spouse application. I was thinking there is faster way. Maybe if I send my spouse application and visitor at same time. I dont know how risky it is. Probably the best way is wait for visitor first. Thanks for answer.

alampasis

Mar 23, 2015
trojan00 said:
I still have 60 days to restore my status. So i will apply for restoration then and wait for visitor then send my spouse application. I was thinking there is faster way. Maybe if I send my spouse application and visitor at same time. I dont know how risky it is. Probably the best way is wait for visitor first. Thanks for answer.

The most secure way,is to apply for visitor's visa extension first and wait until it goes through.after that you can apply for OWP.I'm telling you this because when I applied for OWP I called them three times,and their first question was, If I have a valid status.At the end it's your choise,but my opinion is to wait until you get your visitor's extension

hooligander

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
I mentioned earlier that my lawyer forgot to tell me about the $100 fee that was tacked on in February.

Well CIC sent back my application asking for the receipt despite the fact I sent it a week later separate with a note.

Just an FYI

cro_pug

Apr 19, 2015
hooligander said:
I mentioned earlier that my lawyer forgot to tell me about the $100 fee that was tacked on in February.

Well CIC sent back my application asking for the receipt despite the fact I sent it a week later separate with a note.

Just an FYI
As a January the third applicant do i need to pay the difference too?