+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

one-year pilot OWP for spouses and common-law partners

joeschmo

Sep 25, 2014
May seem like a silly question, but it needs to be asked. Does CIC sent out an email inidating AOR for the OWP on the pilot program? I sent mine in late February, and got confirmation through registered mail, but as of today I have yet to hear anything. I've been calling all day but I can't get to a human since they are receiving "a higher than normal volume of calls". I hear that in my sleep lately:)

alampasis

Mar 23, 2015
joeschmo said:
May seem like a silly question, but it needs to be asked. Does CIC sent out an email inidating AOR for the OWP on the pilot program? I sent mine in late February, and got confirmation through registered mail, but as of today I have yet to hear anything. I've been calling all day but I can't get to a human since they are receiving "a higher than normal volume of calls". I hear that in my sleep lately:)
Don't worry.They don't send AOR for the OWP.they don't send anything.You just sit and wait.Hopefully you'll get it soon

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joeschmo said:
Some, if not most, people are lucky if they get AOR for their Inland application. There's no way CIC would issue an AOR for the OWP.

Since you sent it in late February, you should look for it to arrive ~ late June.

Oh...and the higher than normal volume of calls, must mean that both lines are in-use. LOL!

Shane123

Mar 22, 2015
Question, i sent in my owp application with my PR application but i didnt remember to add a checklist for the work permit.
Do u think that would b a problem?

alampasis

Mar 23, 2015
Shane123 said:
Question, i sent in my owp application with my PR application but i didnt remember to add a checklist for the work permit.
What I think is that CIC is looking for excuses to postpone your apps.They are bureaucrats.My opinion is that you should call them, tell them that you forgot it and ask information on how to send it,so that you don't have any delays

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Shane123 said:
No. The checklist is not required for the pilot program OWP.

hithere

Feb 8, 2012
I applied OWP for my wife on January 2, 2015 and still haven't heard anything back yet. I hope to get it soon.

carolinaf

Jan 26, 2015
hey everybody, just wanted to ask if any of you has reached the four month limit without any notice from CIC? my application for OWP was received on December 29 so Im close to reach my four month waiting (I sent my PR and OWP separately, my PR was received in July and my OWP in December). Good luck to everybody!

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not sure this One-Year Pilot OWP for Spouses and Common-law partners is taken seriously. There has been no news/approval for anyone who applied for OWP since the December 22nd announcement. Maybe they're trying to attend to those who submitted OWP application with their PR prior to December 22nd first. Really confusing

alampasis

Mar 23, 2015
PTJ said:
I'm not sure this One-Year Pilot OWP for Spouses and Common-law partners is taken seriously. There has been no news/approval for anyone who applied for OWP since the December 22nd announcement. Maybe they're trying to attend to those who submitted OWP application with their PR prior to December 22nd first. Really confusing

Someguys that applied seperately in Jan 27th and Jan 30th got their OWP last week.I applied 26th Jan,sent seperately from my PR in Vegreville.So I guess that they started issuing OWP but randomly:(

mrcanada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
PTJ said:
There are some people who received it and they have send the two applications together in December or January. But def not a big number.

alampasis

Mar 23, 2015
Any news guys?anyone who callled CIC lately?How are they supposed to give away all those OWPs in 6 days??I'm starting to believe that they are just fooling us. :eek:

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
alampasis said:
Any news guys?anyone who callled CIC lately?How are they supposed to give away all those OWPs in 6 days??I'm starting to believe that they are just fooling us. :eek:
They won't tell you anything yet, the only thing they say is to call in May if you don't get it...

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
MaryLou6 said:
They won't tell you anything yet, the only thing they say is to call in May if you don't get it...
Seems like.. either they have processed thousands of OWPs and just waiting for the very last day to mail.. Or just have not cared to do so.. Would know in first week of May.. once 22 April time is passed.....
CIC just wants to punish us... !!. want to discourage foreigners to marry canadian.