canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
MapleLeafMan said:
Yes, true. I guess I just enjoy hearing that I probably will be fine.
My lawyer must have done it like this because in their experience, you're always fine.
Still extremely unprofessional.
And I still strongly suggest you ask the lawyer why they had you apply inland when outland was by far the better choice for a Swede.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
Can we get back on topic please

This discussion might as well take place in the INLAND 2014 thread.
This discussion IS on topic, because the person was told they had implied status, which would have qualified them for the pilot OWP.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Jamesdavid3 said:

If you are so annoyed, go start your own thread.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:

Actually it is on topic as it deals with qualification for OWP pilot. You are "out of status" yourself as well at least until a decision is made on your restoration application. So this discussion even impact you.

MapleLeafMan

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Jamesdavid3 said:

I think I have read your posts before. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have applied for OWP even though you like me, are out of status?
If so, could you please update me on this process? Isn't the risk for you to get removed higher simply because its more likely for CIC to become aware and report you to CBSA since you now have two application pending, PR and OWP?
Thanks

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nobody seems interested to respond to my question:

Just a quick one. Does the "one-year pilot OWP for spouses and common-law partners" apply to spouse of a protected person who applied for PR at the same time (still waiting for 1st stage) with her Protected Person spouse bearing in mind that they're not PR yet?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
PTJ said:
Nobody seems interested to respond to my question:

Just a quick one. Does the "one-year pilot OWP for spouses and common-law partners" apply to spouse of a protected person who applied for PR at the same time (still waiting for 1st stage) with her Protected Person spouse bearing in mind that they're not PR yet?
No one has responded because the question is not related to spouse sponsorship. The pilot program only applies to PRs and citizens sponsoring their spouses inland. Protected person is a completely different ballgame.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MapleLeafMan said:
I think I have read your posts before. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have applied for OWP even though you like me, are out of status?
If so, could you please update me on this process? Isn't the risk for you to get removed higher simply because its more likely for CIC to become aware and report you to CBSA since you now have two application pending, PR and OWP?
Thanks
Jamesdavid did submitted the OWP with the application. But the application was returned due to out of date form. So when his application got returned, his IEC visa has expired. He became out of status the moment his application got returned. Even CiC informed him in the returned application to apply for status of restoration. So in effect, he is out of status until a decision on his restoration is made.

Even if jamesdavid submitted an OWP with the application the second time, it doesn't give him "implied status" as he had no status to be "implied under".

MapleLeafMan

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
screech339 said:
Jamesdavid submitted the OWP with the application. But the application was returned due to out of date form. So when his application got returned, his IEC visa has expired. He became out of status the moment his application got returned. Even CiC informed him in the returned application to apply for status of restoration. So in effect, he is out of status until a decision on his restoration is made.
Ok, but I assume he is likely to get restoration.

There is absolutely no way for me to get around this and get restoration? No point in even trying?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MapleLeafMan said:
Ok, but I assume he is likely to get restoration.

There is absolutely no way for me to get around this and get restoration? No point in even trying?
Unfortunately for you, you passed the 90 day mark. Jamesdavid was still able to apply since he applied for restoration within 90 days of expiring visa. The premise is that the pilot program does say "out of status" applicants does not get the pilot program.

So jamesdavid may get OWP if and when his status is restored. The question is will jamesdavid get the benefit of pilot OWP once his status is restored. Perhaps he will. Maybe not, since he was "out of status" at time of CiC receiving the application. That may be the qualification factor only. Only time will tell.

MapleLeafMan

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
screech339 said:
Unfortunately for you, you passed the 90 day mark. Jamesdavid was still able to apply since he applied for restoration within 90 days of expiring visa. The premise is that the pilot program does say "out of status" applicants does not get the pilot program.

So jamesdavid may get OWP if and when his status is restored. The question is will jamesdavid get the benefit of pilot OWP once his status is restored. Perhaps he will. Maybe not, since he was "out of status" at time of CiC receiving the application. Only time will tell.
I don't care too much about this program anymore, I just wish I could have my status restored and not have to worry.

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
For people that are not visa exempt but with an OWP, what document do I need to get back in to the country? Can I continue to use my multiple entry visa even though my status is no longer visitor?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
28january said:
For people that are not visa exempt but with an OWP, what document do I need to get back in to the country? Can I continue to use my multiple entry visa even though my status is no longer visitor?
Yes you can use your multiple entry visa to re-enter Canada as long as it is still a valid TRV. You still run into risk of being denied re-entry but chances are small.

If your TRV in your passport is expired, you cannot re-enter Canada without a valid TRV, even with an OWP in your hand. If your TRV is expired, you are basically stuck in Canada until you land as PR.

Luval

Jan 20, 2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2020
File Transfer...
03-12-2020
Hi all. Just wondering how many people have received the OWP though the pilot program and when did you apply?

My husband and I applied for sponsorship/PR in March, 2014 and included the OWP application at the same time. We have seen that it had been received on March 14, 2014 on CAS online. (I had to call them to get my file number as they never mailed me any AOR) but thats all it says...we are desperate to get this OWP right away as I had our daughter a few months ago and have been on mat leave since. One income is hard but no income is near impossible!

Just wanting to see if this pilot project is actually being followed through on the timelines they have stated.

Also just want to double check he qualifies for the pilot program. He came on a visitor visa, we married feb, 2014, applied for sponsorship (inland) with OWP in march, 2014 and have kept extending his visitor visa since. Have confirmation of it being received online on CAS.

Thanks so much!

Valerie

MapleLeafMan

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
I recieved this from a representative as part of an email: "As I explained there were some changes on the government side that took effect early this year. There was no way we could have known about these changes as they were not announced until after the submission of your application. The recommendations that were made to you were the best options for you at the time."

This is ridiculous. They will never admit that they have done anything wrong, they are just trying to save themself. What do I do? How do I get this people to understand that they have screwed up?