Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
24-Apr-2015/ SA and AIP Apr 12,2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - Jan 2016
Hi guys..I am just wondering...after the 90 days implied status
and still no no owp, do I have to apply for restoration then? I am a tfw but quits my job end of last year...status is currently unemployed

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cutetwins said:
Hi guys..I am just wondering...after the 90 days implied status
and still no no owp, do I have to apply for restoration then? I am a tfw but quits my job end of last year...status is currently unemployed
What do you mean by "...after the 90 days implied status and still no OWP..."?

If you did NOT include the OWP with your Inland application, you have to keep/renew your legal status to be eligible for the OWP under the pilot program.

cutetwins

Star Member
Dec 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Upfront - Jan 2016
hi sorry! ill be submitting the inland application end of this week(together with the OWP) my work permit expires in Feb 7, so the implied status would be until I get the new work permit then?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
cutetwins said:
hi sorry! ill be submitting the inland application end of this week(together with the OWP) my work permit expires in Feb 7, so the implied status would be until I get the new work permit then?
As long as you submit PR application and OWP same time and CIC received the applications before Feb 7, you would be on "implied status" as a work visa until OWP is granted. However the "implied status" does not grant you "implied status" to keep working if you have IEC visa. If you have IEC, you only have "implied status" as a visitor until OWP is approved. Remember the "implied status" only applies to period after your visa expires.

If you have PGWP visa, technically you are not suppose to continue working under "implied status" as it is not extendable. However PGWP is linked to OWP through CEC process. Not through PR spousal sponsorship not the same process. So I reserve my judgement on whether PGWP also get "implied status" to work until otherwise proven.

cutetwins

Star Member
Dec 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Upfront - Jan 2016
Okay got it..thank you :)

BenA105

Star Member
Dec 10, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I'm a PR and I'm sponsoring my Armenian-Syrian wife outland (she's in Armenia, me in Vancouver). I couldn't see the specifics of eligibility online. We've been married for a year now - does anyone know if she'd be eligibile?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BenA105 said:
Hi guys,

I'm a PR and I'm sponsoring my Armenian-Syrian wife outland (she's in Armenia, me in Vancouver). I couldn't see the specifics of eligibility online. We've been married for a year now - does anyone know if she'd be eligibile?

OWP is only available to Inland applicants.

TonyHomedad

Jan 21, 2015
28january said:
It is automatic, I sent my OWP with my PR application, didn't do anything since the pilot was announced, and voila, I find a lovely brown envelope waiting for me in my post box. I am January 2014 applicant, got mine four days ago.

Tonyhomedad, if you have an AOR then they must have noted down what you included in your application package. And assuming that you paid the OWP straight up its probably in the system too.

My guess is the employer wouldn't care that your OWP is conditional; from what I remember they only ask for your sin number which doesn't say anything about your status. The only thing that gives it away is the expiry date but a lot of people got their permit that's good for two years which is no different than other types of work permit? Haven't gotten hired yet so I could be wrong though :p
Thank you for letting us know. I got my AOR last year June and filed for OWP in late December. I guess new Inland applicants who filed PR and OWP together would get their OWP faster than those that filed separately.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
TonyHomedad said:
Thank you for letting us know. I got my AOR last year June and filed for OWP in late December. I guess new Inland applicants who filed PR and OWP together would get their OWP faster than those that filed separately.
Not necessarily true. New applicants submit OWP and PR application to CIC-M. OWP are processed in CIC-V. So CIC-V won't know about the new applicant's OWP until CIC-M entered the application into the system and issue AOR. Once AOR is issued, CiC-V will then be aware of OWP being in the system. So those who already gotten AOR when they submitted OWP separately can get their OWP sooner than new applicants who may have to wait until AOR is issued before being granted OWP.

shesosilly

Jan 14, 2015
Just wondering... I'm an applicant for Spousal sponsorship and I submitted my OWP just a few weeks ago. My visitor visa expires at April 2015. Once I get my OWP after four months (hopefully) and my visitor visa expires, would I be eligible to travel out of the country? I know it's not recommended... I just wanted to be ready just in case I have to. 24 months of waiting time is a looooooong time.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shesosilly said:
Just wondering... I'm an applicant for Spousal sponsorship and I submitted my OWP just a few weeks ago. My visitor visa expires at April 2015. Once I get my OWP after four months (hopefully) and my visitor visa expires, would I be eligible to travel out of the country? I know it's not recommended... I just wanted to be ready just in case I have to. 24 months of waiting time is a looooooong time.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/hands-down-the-most-often-asked-question-from-inland-applicants-t266896.0.html

shesosilly

Jan 14, 2015
Ponga said:
canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/hands-down-the-most-often-asked-question-from-inland-applicants-t266896.0.html
Thanks, Ponga! I guess this is a common issue.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
I posted this in the inland 2013 thread, but in case it's useful to anyone else:

My spouse was able to get OHIP today with just OWP (no AIP) at a service Ontario which is capable of dealing with work permit OHIP applicstions without issue.