+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One year offer letter points

mgOntario

Sep 23, 2018
Hi,

I have around 1 year and 6 month canadian experience and on ICT closed work permit. I want to claim 50 points of offer letter.

My current offer letter is valid for another 7 months and current work permit is valid for until sep 2019 (3 months)

I am going back to india in july 2019 as part of resource movement but if i get a letter on letterhead from HR stating that employee would be required to work in Canada for next 2 years from today. Will it suffice to claim 50 points, considering i get ITA in next draw and upload all required documents and submit application before going back to india.

As per my understanding it is possible.

There are only three conditions needs to be satisfied to claim 50 points on ICT LMIA exempt work permit.

1- currently working for the employer .. meet
2- have one year canadian experience for that employer ... meet
3- offer letter showing one year job commitment from employer after cic issues PR visa .. meet ( 2 year work mentioned by employer on company letter head that period would be enough to get Pr processing completed And 1 year period after PR visa issuance.

Confusion: once i will be moved to india my canadian salary would be stopped however my PR application being in process, would CIC talks to CRA to check whether the employee still working for the said employer. Nevertheless still if they do talk to CRA , 3rd condition to satisfy a job offer still hold true as 2 year period in letter would says that employer will keep the employee for one year after PR visa.

To gain offer letter point is it really required to be in canada throughout PR processing when claiming 50 CRS offer letter points as this will not hold true in my case and even my work permit will be elapsed considering PR processing takes beyond 3 months.

Please suggest.