File Transfer...
7-12-2009
Passport Req..
18-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
3-02-2010
LANDED..........
20-03-2010
That must be so tough - I understand why you are sad!!!

Would it be faster if you went to Sweden? I lived there, it's not bad! Not so easy for immigrants (not as good as Canada but probably as good as anywhere in Europe!) and the winters are really dark and they eat food that's... well... not really a reason to go there unless you really like 50 kinds of pickled fish. But still, I'd live there in a heartbeat, they've got lots of great advantages over Canada, to be honest. You can go to university for free, often in English, and it was really easy for me to get a visa to do that.

Sorry, I'm off topic again ???

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ariell said:
How can they make a decision if all the information has not been received?? That would be completely irresponsible. I mean think about it, do you seriously expect them to say about any applicant "Hmm, well, we still haven't gotten all the information we need from country X, but oh well, he's been waiting so long, let's just let him in." Trust me, there is NO way that they will finalize his application before completing his background check. There is no limit to the time to complete background checks. Unfortunately, they take as long as they take to complete. I seem to recall that your husband was also in the military which will add additional delay in completing the background check. Just be patient. Your continual worrying and stressing and complaining will not make it go any faster. It's not like you are the only one who has ever had to wait a year to be finalized. Sorry, I know that sounds rude but it's reality. I really do wish that your case will be completed soon. Best of luck to you.
Yes, my husband done mandatory military duty, and it was cleared. The officer that conducted the interview told me that the militarty services were cleared the last time I spoke with him.

What is not fair is that visa offices practice political racism. There are many people from Middle Eastern countires whose applications went through the Damascus visa office and their applications (many of them) were completed within the average time period. Just because my husband is living in Sweden, but he is from the Middle East, they are purposely holding the application back -- sending it back and forth from one background check to the next -- it is ridiculous. I have a feeling that if my husband was still in Syria, the application would have been finished a long time ago. It's just that the London office is so so unfair and very inefficient!!! The reality is that some visa offices are more fair and efficient, and they have more humanitarian officers working in them whereas some visa offices are not fair and very inefficient. Just my opinion, of course!

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Sad Girl, I am sorry to hear you are still waiting, but I had to pipe in and say that your visa office is actually quite faster than MANY other offices, and that there is a larger number of staff at that visa office to process applications.

Mandatory military is still military, and it can delay an application. Living in multiple counties can also delay files. If your husband has a common name, and that family name is on a watch list, it will encourage extra vigilance on the part of CSIS, and the list goes on..... Your husband had an interview in early March, so really, his file has been in continued process since the past 8 months. [Have you received any feedback on that interview?]

Have you recently requested the CAIPS? I would also like to add that technically, it can take up to 24 months for a file to be processed. We get stuck on the (expected) posted averages, and think well based on such and such, it should only take so many months. In reality, it will take as long as it requires to complete the process, and the more complex the case is, the longer it will take.

I realize that this does not ease your frustration, but as someone who went through the same process, please be patient and try to not lose your faith. Inshallah, it will be over for you soon.

salam,
rasha

kelemense

Nov 5, 2009
so u mean the fact that i did not state that my application for a Uk student visa 3 yrs ago was rejected will be a problem for me?

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
kelemense said:
so u mean the fact that i did not state that my application for a Uk student visa 3 yrs ago was rejected will be a problem for me?
With all due respect kelemense - it's rude to post-hijack, and perhaps you can start your own thread and properly ask the question you are trying to there.

kelemense

Nov 5, 2009
Sorry for being rude.I was just so pushed to intruding by the the list outlined by one of those in ur thread.

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rasha said:
Sad Girl, I am sorry to hear you are still waiting, but I had to pipe in and say that your visa office is actually quite faster than MANY other offices, and that there is a larger number of staff at that visa office to process applications.

Mandatory military is still military, and it can delay an application. Living in multiple counties can also delay files. If your husband has a common name, and that family name is on a watch list, it will encourage extra vigilance on the part of CSIS, and the list goes on..... Your husband had an interview in early March, so really, his file has been in continued process since the past 8 months. [Have you received any feedback on that interview?]

Have you recently requested the CAIPS? I would also like to add that technically, it can take up to 24 months for a file to be processed. We get stuck on the (expected) posted averages, and think well based on such and such, it should only take so many months. In reality, it will take as long as it requires to complete the process, and the more complex the case is, the longer it will take.

I realize that this does not ease your frustration, but as someone who went through the same process, please be patient and try to not lose your faith. Inshallah, it will be over for you soon.

salam,
rasha
My husband's interview was a success -- the officer that conducted the interview approved the application for a visa. He approved it and stamped the application and sent it back to London for a routine background check. My husband passed his interview.

I am not denying that London's visa office is fast -- it is fast -- there are many cases that finish in less than 6 months. I'm just saying that those people who are from places in the Middle East, Asia, Eastern Europe, etc. their applications, despite being in London, take much longer than anticipated.