+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One way Flight from US with return bus ticket

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Port Alice, British Columbia
Category........
FAM
I officially “Landed” on September 4th. Because of Hurricane Michael hitting the Carolinas where my parents live I flew out to NC a few days after landing. Now things are stabilized and I’m returning to Canada but of course I haven’t received my PR card yet. I’ve booked a one way flight back to Vancouver and as an American Citizen need no visa. I have also booked a return bus ticket for two weeks later for a trip to my daughters house in Washington state where I will visit for her marriage then we will drive back across.
Question is..... since I do not have PR yet can I still just use my US Passport like I usually do and show the Airlines my onward travel intentions to return to US. I hear the airlines are getting very strict on one way flights into Canada because they have to eat the cost of flying them back if not allowed in!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will have no problems there. PR card itself is needed to board the plane. But in your case you can use your USA passport. Of course at the border you need to disclose that you are PR and you can use your COPR as a proof for it.
The PR card issue is for boarding the plane but USA citizens do have exception.

Reactions: Cheryllove

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Port Alice, British Columbia
Category........
FAM
Thank you! I’ve never had a problem flying in and out but it’s always been round trip and I’ve read about people being denied boarding one way flights in even from US with US passport. Of course when I land in Canada I will tell them I’m a PR and show COPR My husband and I are closing on our house Mortgage the day after my flight and just want to dot all i’s and cross all t’s

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess the problem was them not returning. Just keep your bus ticket if ever they want to see it and thats it.

Reactions: Cheryllove