+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One-Sided Financial Support

Chutsk10

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hello,

For the spousal sponsorship application one of the supporting documents requested is proof of financial support and/or shared expenses.

My fiancee comes from a poorer country and she has been a student for most of the duration of our relationship. Considering a typical monthly salary in her country is the equivalent of three days work for me (thank you Canada) I have been more than happy to send her a monthly 'allowance' for the past year or so.

I have all the money transfers to support this for the application, only I worry that it will look bad or look like I am being taken advantage of since the support is only one sided.

Just curious on everyone's thoughts if this would strengthen or weaken an application?

PS: Considering the undertaking of a sponsor commits us financially responsible for the applicant for three years, it would be quite hypocritical if they see this as a bad thing!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You are showing proof of financial support and shared expenses. There's nothing to say this needs to be in both directions. Move on to worry about other stuff.

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
It's the same on our situation. I'm the Canadian sponsor and I send my husband money every month I'm not with him in his country, which is not easy for a Latin American male to accept, but its a fact. Just be honest!