+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One or two quiestion about outland application!

simpson

Star Member
Sep 4, 2008
Visa Office......
Warssaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am Estonian and marring a Canadian boy in 16 of January 2009. Right now I'm in Canada, but im going back to Estonia for few months.My plan is to go home and get documents i need. get them translated. .notarized, stamped. Wedding is in Canada. then my fiancée will sponsor me as a spouse.We will start outland process. We will send all the documents, applications, photos..all that after the wedding to missasauga.

My question is:

1) Can I be in Canada, while we start that process. I will use my fiancées address as my mailing address.

2) Can I do the medical examination in Canada

I have be reading some topics in here,...and one couple received the passport in Canada..and activated it, by going to Alaska. So i guess i can do the same. I know one downside of my story. that if they want me to go to and interview..i have to fly to Poland. but its okey, money loss, but at least i will get my visa at the end. whenever it will be.

thank you if you know answers to my questions..and like to help me :)

Annie

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
) Can I be in Canada, while we start that process. I will use my fiancées address as my mailing address
No, you cannot. Process MUST be either from inland or from overseas
I do not know. I would not take a risk. It looks like you medical exam results should be send to the proper immigration office. For you it is in Warsaw (if you start from overseas), they will not send it to Warsaw office if you start you process from overseas.
You see what they say about medical exam:
Medical Report Procedures
Medical reports and x-rays for the medical examination become the property of the Canadian Immigration Medical Authorities and cannot be returned to you.
The doctor will not tell you the results of the medical examination. The doctor will let you know if you have a health-related problem. The designated medical practioner does not make the final decision. Citizenship and Immigration Canada will make the final decision on whether or not you have passed your medical examination for immigration purposes. The visa office will tell you in writing if there is a problem with your medical examination.
and one couple received the passport in Canada..
Do you mean "a visa in the passport"?
I do not think it's possible. I think you just do not know THIER circumstanses as it i usually is with such "immigration stories".

simpson

Star Member
Sep 4, 2008
Visa Office......
Warssaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you for your replay.

So my new plan is to send all the documents from Estonia, when I go back there in May. I will send them away and my mailing address will be my Estonian address. From now on the process can take till October, i will go back to Canada in June (maybe later, it depends if my future husband will come and visit Estonia in summer, i will leave with him). My mum can e-mail me if some confirming and informative letters arrive about visa process.

And when finally comes the letter :"Now I should send my passport, I guess I have no choice than to go back to Estonia and send it from there ???????? ( it would be much easier to send my passport from Canada,and they will send it to my home address and my mum can send it back to me, and then i can go to the border and get it activated, why isn't this possible?)

I have been reading about the benefits of outland process, and one is that i can travel into Canada and back to Estonia as many times I want.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they want you to come for an interview, you would have to do it in Estonia but otherwise, it might work.

simpson

Star Member
Sep 4, 2008
Visa Office......
Warssaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
actually yes, i was thinking of staying in Estonia until I get the confirmation that everything is okey, and I have to go to interview, or not.

but what about the passport thing ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think it would matter where you send your passport from. If your mother tells you you got a letter requesting you send your passport and you are in Canada at that time, you could send it from there, they send it back to your mother who sends it to you in Canada, you go to the border and land as a PR.

pendergirlie

Aug 30, 2008
Wait

First, you cannot use a Canadian mailing address unless you have legal status in Canada for a year (visitor record, work, study permit, etc)
Second - you can be in Canada & have your medical there - it's not a problem and could even be cheaper than "back home" - CIC doesn't care where you have it done - just that it has to be done by a DMP

Third - Estonia is a visa exempt country, so by default (barring complications) you can stay in Canada for up to 6 months (unless CBSA says otherwise) - just make sure you have a return ticket & can show that you have ties to Estonia and funds to support yourself, etc

I don't know if you have a job to go back to in Estonia or any sort of obligations back there but - it is conceivable that you could stay in Canada while your OUTLAND application is in process (lots of people do it all the time)
You do not HAVE to file inland just because you are in Canada
You always have the right to have your case processed in your country of nationality

Now, things to remember - if you are called for an interview - you WILL have to go back to Estonia for it
If you have family that you can use for a mailing address - use that
They can forward you any mail you get from CIC (including passport request)
There's no reason you can't send your passport from Canada - just make sure you sent it via courier with a tracking number (like FedEx or DHL)

simpson

Star Member
Sep 4, 2008
Visa Office......
Warssaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much for the answer.

My final plan is to get my medical done just before I leave to Estonia in May. And before i leave Canada we also get the applications done. In Estonia i get my papers done there, and send them all away. I will stay in Estonia till i know if i have to have an interview or not. If everything is okey, i go back to Canada and send my passport away from there, when is the time to send it!.

thank you for the answers :)

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Hi Annie

The info you've gotten here so far has not been entirely correct - so I'll see if I can't clarify things a bit.

simpson said:
I am Estonian and marring a Canadian boy in 16 of January 2009. Right now I'm in Canada, but im going back to Estonia for few months.My plan is to go home and get documents i need. get them translated. .notarized, stamped. Wedding is in Canada. then my fiancée will sponsor me as a spouse.We will start outland process. We will send all the documents, applications, photos..all that after the wedding to missasauga.

My question is:

1) Can I be in Canada, while we start that process. I will use my fiancées address as my mailing address.
Because you are from a visa-exempt country, as long as you are admitted to Canada, you are authorized to stay for up to six months. Be careful on entry that you don't mention a fiance in Canada, or the wedding, or filing for PR status or you could be denied entry because they will not believe that you intend to leave when your temporary status expires. Once admitted, you can stay (and apply for PR via the outland process while you're here) for as long as you keep your temporary status in Canada valid by filing extension applications from within Canada before your temporary status expires, for as long as it takes.

As far as addresses: If you are legally admitted to Canada for at least one year (not likely), you can use your Canadian address as both your residential and your mailing address - and your file will be processed in Buffalo. If you aren't admitted for at least one year you can still use the Canadian address as the mailing address, but you will need to provide a residential address in your home country because that's the address they use (only) to determine which Embassy will process the file. (Mail does not have to go to that address - CIC will mail correspondence to you anywhere you designate!) Your file would be processed in Warsaw, which has a processing timeline of 3-7 months.

simpson said:
Yes, you can have your medical done in Canada, just make sure you use the proper forms for the Medical (from your country's Region Specific forms) and let the DMP know which overseas Embassy will be processing the file so they send the results to the correct Regional Medical Centre.

simpson said:
I have be reading some topics in here,...and one couple received the passport in Canada..and activated it, by going to Alaska. So i guess i can do the same. I know one downside of my story. that if they want me to go to and interview..i have to fly to Poland. but its okey, money loss, but at least i will get my visa at the end. whenever it will be.
Yes, with an outland ap, all you have to do is leave Canada once you get your COPR in your passport and then re-enter to "land". You're right that, if an interview is required, you will have to attend it at the Embassy in Warsaw - the risk is that there is always the possibility that you wouldn't be re-admitted to Canada on your return because authorization is always at the discretion of the IO at the Canadian port of entry but, unlike with an inland ap, this will not affect the processing of your PR application. The good news is that, as long as you provide sufficient evidence of your genuine relationship, spousal interviews are frequently waived. One last concern with filing outland is that the Embassy in Warsaw will request your passport at some point during processing, and you will have to get it to them. You'll have to decide whether you feel comfortable not only with mailing it back and forth, but with being in Canada without it.

Hope this info clears things up - feel free to email me if you have any questions.