+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One Last try, need suggestions.

shergill12

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Melbourne
Hi all,

Need your valuable suggestions. I have given IELTS 6 time since last year in hope to achieve 8777 score but haven't made it yet. I did my schooling in India and I was an average English student. I had no interest in language, just studied to pass the examination. Later I moved to Australia and started working in IT field which again, doesn't require much of language skills.

Moving forward, I have been constantly scoring 9 in Reading and Listening (8.5 few times) and 7.5 in Speaking but in writing, I have never crossed 6.5. I just want to score 7 in writing as it makes huge difference to my score.

I want to try once more but with a different approach. Do you suggest any online tutor or good books/material which can help me achieve this score? I know what they look for and how they mark the score, but thing is all this time I have been doing this on my own! No supervision no guidance nothing!

It doesn’t matter if it’s paid or free. I just want to put one last effort and get over it. Looking forward to your valuable suggestions.:rolleyes:

ieltsOnly

Sep 10, 2019
Hi all,

Need your valuable suggestions. I have given IELTS 6 time since last year in hope to achieve 8777 score but haven't made it yet. I did my schooling in India and I was an average English student. I had no interest in language, just studied to pass the examination. Later I moved to Australia and started working in IT field which again, doesn't require much of language skills.

Moving forward, I have been constantly scoring 9 in Reading and Listening (8.5 few times) and 7.5 in Speaking but in writing, I have never crossed 6.5. I just want to score 7 in writing as it makes huge difference to my score.

I want to try once more but with a different approach. Do you suggest any online tutor or good books/material which can help me achieve this score? I know what they look for and how they mark the score, but thing is all this time I have been doing this on my own! No supervision no guidance nothing!

It doesn’t matter if it’s paid or free. I just want to put one last effort and get over it. Looking forward to your valuable suggestions.:rolleyes:
you may refer this thread in the same forum. Try reading all the comments and experiences from page1. good stuff and might be helpful to achieve your desired scores. Otherwise, check with Ben from ieltspodcast site(paid service it is).
IELTS - Writing - For Band 7 or Above.

SR_T

Aug 9, 2019
I think Jay from E2 languages has got some good writing tips. In my last IELTS exam I scored LRS 9 9 8 and 6.5 in writing. I plan to retake the test again on 28th of this month. I am currently following his videos.

shergill12

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Melbourne
you may refer this thread in the same forum. Try reading all the comments and experiences from page1. good stuff and might be helpful to achieve your desired scores. Otherwise, check with Ben from ieltspodcast site(paid service it is).
IELTS - Writing - For Band 7 or Above.
I think Jay from E2 languages has got some good writing tips. In my last IELTS exam I scored LRS 9 9 8 and 6.5 in writing. I plan to retake the test again on 28th of this month. I am currently following his videos.
Thanks for your suggestions, I have applied for remark and awaiting results currently. I did some research on Ben from Ieltspodcast and it looks quite promising.

FMeg

Oct 2, 2018
If you have some writing samples. Put them here. I can give you a few pointers.