+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One employer different NOCs

Oct 21, 2018
Hello EE veterans out there, I have some questions.

Worked for an international company who apparently reinvents/transforms its business models too frequently including its employees' skills and job roles (after trainings). Worked there for 5+ years in two completely different NOCs both under Category A. About 3 years in 1st role, well over 2 years in 2nd role. However see myself finding jobs or getting provincial nominations in 2nd NOC in future.

Now, trying to improve IELTS to get max points (50 pts each) in Skills Transferability Education and Skills Transferability Foreign Work Experience.

The questions here are:

If select the 2nd NOC as Primary, will be able to get the full score on above mentioned categories in CRS? Fact: In CRS system it looks like anything below 3 years of experience in a particular NOC will not secure the additional points from scoring max in IELTS.

Second question, In the Reference Letter (doing one letter since it's one employer), I believe have to list out the job roles and duties for each 2 NOCs. However, does the letter have to specify the each Job Role's start and end dates too?

Or am I completely misunderstanding something here?

Appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. Thank you!

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
1. Yes. To claim points for three or more years of work experience, you can combine work experiences in multiple NOCs as long as all are in NOC 0, A or B.

2. Yes. Otherwise they won't be able to verify that you have met the minimum eligibility condition of working for one year in your primary NOC.

Reactions: IamFireIamRain
Oct 21, 2018
1. Yes. To claim points for three or more years of work experience, you can combine work experiences in multiple NOCs as long as all are in NOC 0, A or B.
Yes to what? Sorry if I was not very clear but I understood the combined work experience scoring stage is already passed at this point. Unspecified combination of continuous work experience is used only to qualify for the FSW, no? if one had already met the FSW criteria and in the pool, it seems have to decide on the Primary NOC. But there is a condition. If IELTS score is at max AND the Primary NOC is 3 or more years, applicant can get some extra points. Am I right? If that's the case, concern here is that the NOC of interest, which is not full 3 years won't bring the extra point. Is this correct?

2. Yes. Otherwise they won't be able to verify that you have met the minimum eligibility condition of working for one year in your primary NOC.