+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One and same name affidavit

Heba Usman

Nov 18, 2020
Hi.
Can anybody help me with the one and same name affidavit. Is it like a form or do we have to write the matter ourselves?

Also, from where can I get this in Karachi.

dragonpk

Dec 9, 2020
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-12-2020
Hi.
Can anybody help me with the one and same name affidavit. Is it like a form or do we have to write the matter ourselves?

Also, from where can I get this in Karachi.
If you are in Karachi, I believe the easiest place to get it done is from one of the shops at Karim Plaza (adjacent to Civic Center) https://goo.gl/maps/gcXFzaHsSo3JpF6G8
They do the translations as well as attestations.

You don't need to fill out any form. They already have templates that they fill out based on details you provide and then print it out on a stamp paper (I had my wife's name change affidavit printed on a Rs.100 stamp paper). Total cost including stamp paper was Rs.300. I went there last week at 9 AM and was the first customer, so it hardly took 10 mins. BTW there's no need to take original documents there.

Heba Usman

Nov 18, 2020
If you are in Karachi, I believe the easiest place to get it done is from one of the shops at Karim Plaza (adjacent to Civic Center) https://goo.gl/maps/gcXFzaHsSo3JpF6G8
They do the translations as well as attestations.

You don't need to fill out any form. They already have templates that they fill out based on details you provide and then print it out on a stamp paper (I had my wife's name change affidavit printed on a Rs.100 stamp paper). Total cost including stamp paper was Rs.300. I went there last week at 9 AM and was the first customer, so it hardly took 10 mins. BTW there's no need to take original documents there.
Thanks a lot..one more thing I need to ask regarding the address on it. I reside in Bahrain but before marriage I lived with my parents in Pakistan. So should I mention my Pakistan address or the Bahrain one?

dragonpk

Dec 9, 2020
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-12-2020
Thanks a lot..one more thing I need to ask regarding the address on it. I reside in Bahrain but before marriage I lived with my parents in Pakistan. So should I mention my Pakistan address or the Bahrain one?
Not 100% sure about this part (since my application is still in process) but I believe that the affidavit should have your current address (this address should probably also match the PCC and the address you're giving in your PR application).

Heba Usman

Nov 18, 2020
Not 100% sure about this part (since my application is still in process) but I believe that the affidavit should have your current address (this address should probably also match the PCC and the address you're giving in your PR application).
Ok thanks a lot :)

Reactions: dragonpk

Heba Usman

Nov 18, 2020
Hi..
Is there a specific format for the bank statement? Or it's just the normal statement from the bank stamped by the branch?

dragonpk

Dec 9, 2020
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-12-2020
Hi..
Is there a specific format for the bank statement? Or it's just the normal statement from the bank stamped by the branch?
Pakistani banks don't provide custom letters or statements (I asked Standard Chartered, Meezan and Habib Metro). So I guess you'll have to go with the format your bank is providing and have it stamped. I also added a line in the LOE stating that the bank refused a custom letter and this is all I could get. I also got a letter that showed the date the account was opened (at Standard Chartered, this document is called Account Balance Confirmation Certificate).

Heba Usman

Nov 18, 2020
Pakistani banks don't provide custom letters or statements (I asked Standard Chartered, Meezan and Habib Metro). So I guess you'll have to go with the format your bank is providing and have it stamped. I also added a line in the LOE stating that the bank refused a custom letter and this is all I could get. I also got a letter that showed the date the account was opened (at Standard Chartered, this document is called Account Balance Confirmation Certificate).
I actually live in Bahrain so will get the statement from there only..so that means there's a specific format then , right? What does exactly is it

dragonpk

Dec 9, 2020
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-12-2020
I actually live in Bahrain so will get the statement from there only..so that means there's a specific format then , right? What does exactly is it
No, each bank has its own format. But all bank statements show the transaction amount and details.
For e.g Standard Chartered statement has these columns Date, Description, Withdrawal, Deposit, Balance and Meezan has Date, Value, Doc. No, Particulars, Debit, Credit and Balance.

The bank statement is a document meant to show average balance for the past 6 months. The ideal case would be if your bank can provide a custom letter with all information requested by IRCC here, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

I'm no expert so it would be best if you search for Bahrain specific information on other threads.

Heba Usman

Nov 18, 2020
No, each bank has its own format. But all bank statements show the transaction amount and details.
For e.g Standard Chartered statement has these columns Date, Description, Withdrawal, Deposit, Balance and Meezan has Date, Value, Doc. No, Particulars, Debit, Credit and Balance.

The bank statement is a document meant to show average balance for the past 6 months. The ideal case would be if your bank can provide a custom letter with all information requested by IRCC here, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

I'm no expert so it would be best if you search for Bahrain specific information on other threads.
Thanks a lot :)

Harshad1251

May 26, 2021
Hi,
My name was different in paystubs from my employer in Canada. it was not the same as my passport.
should I write an LOE or take an affidavit for this?