+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Once you finish your classes, when should you stop working part-time?

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
As an example, please see the dates below:

Expiry of Study Permit: July 31, 2022
Last day of classes: April 20, 2022
Grades will be released: April 27, 2022
Planned submission of PGWP application: May 15, 2022

If I currently work part-time, and I finish my school on April 20, am I still allowed to continue working part-time till such time I submit my application for PGWP and get implied status? I just want to make sure I don't work when I'm not allowed anymore.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
As an example, please see the dates below:

Expiry of Study Permit: July 31, 2022
Last day of classes: April 20, 2022
Grades will be released: April 27, 2022
Planned submission of PGWP application: May 15, 2022

If I currently work part-time, and I finish my school on April 20, am I still allowed to continue working part-time till such time I submit my application for PGWP and get implied status? I just want to make sure I don't work when I'm not allowed anymore.
No, don't screw up. You can only start working after applying PGWP (implied status).

20 hours part time/week only during regular school sessions.

If you want to start working as soon as possible on PGWP try flagpoling (only if you know how to do it) . The procedure has changed after COVID-19.

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
No, don't screw up. You can only start working after applying PGWP (implied status).

20 hours part time/week only during regular school sessions.

If you want to start working as soon as possible on PGWP try flagpoling (only if you know how to do it) . The procedure has changed after COVID-19.
Thank you. Just to clarify, I have to quit my part time job on my last day of school?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
You have to stop working from the day you receive your completion letter (the date will be on the letter) until the day you apply for PGWP. Once you apply for PGWP you can work full time in implied status.

Reactions: noelvictoria