+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Once more help needed with unanswered questions

lyko

Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

I keep posting my questions into this forum because I always get really good answers.
So I guess I already asked one of the following questions, but would be great to get them confirmed again. Although I got two new questions which are bothering me.

1. My common-law partner and I changed address inside Canada. We've sent the letter like requested to our responsible VISA office in Paris. But how can we make sure they got it and changed it? Not that they're sending updates or requests to our old address?
2. I just couldn't find a email contact to ask such questions. We live in Vancouver BC.
3. The application is in process in Paris since August 2011. Because it will take up to 9months (worst case) the VISA won't be approved before April 2012 to my common-law partner. Because she is only allowed to stay in Canada for up to 6 months without a VISA... do we have to be concernd about this, or will she not be forced to leave the country because her VISA already is being processed but not approved yet due to the long process times.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/france/contact-us_contactez-nous.aspx?lang=eng
Click the email link to send an email. Attach proof of new address in pdf format.

paris @ international.gc.ca - here is another email address for Paris.

Have you checked on ecas to see if they have updated your address?

Your common-law partner can extend her stay as a visitor. She must do this about a month before her 6 months visitor status is up. you can apply online or in writing. Until she receives a response she will be on implied status (i.e. legal). It takes longer to get a response if you apply via mail, so perhaps do it this way to have longer implied status. (Just in case they respond no). Usually she will be given an extra 6-12 months.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp - link to forms to extend stay as a visitor.

Hope that helps!

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lyko said:
Hello,

I keep posting my questions into this forum because I always get really good answers.
So I guess I already asked one of the following questions, but would be great to get them confirmed again. Although I got two new questions which are bothering me.

1. My common-law partner and I changed address inside Canada. We've sent the letter like requested to our responsible VISA office in Paris. But how can we make sure they got it and changed it? Not that they're sending updates or requests to our old address?
2. I just couldn't find a email contact to ask such questions. We live in Vancouver BC.
3. The application is in process in Paris since August 2011. Because it will take up to 9months (worst case) the VISA won't be approved before April 2012 to my common-law partner. Because she is only allowed to stay in Canada for up to 6 months without a VISA... do we have to be concernd about this, or will she not be forced to leave the country because her VISA already is being processed but not approved yet due to the long process times.

lyko said:
Hello,

1-They don't send confirmation receipts. So if you sent it with a tracking number keep the copies and assume it is receipt with tracking number status.

3- You should have apply for extending the visitor visa along with your application. But if her visa is up she should apply for extension(send a letter with immigration file number saying her PR application is currently in progress) and if shes denied then she should leave before the Removal/deportation order or else she will need Authorization to Return (ARC) to Canada and things get really complicated.

lyko

Apr 11, 2011
I'm just worried becuase if I log in to ecas it says:

We received ********** application for permanent residence on July 28, 2011.
We started processing ********** application on October 4, 2011.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on ************ application. The office will contact ********* concerning this decision.

And neither of us was contacted yet......
Is it usual that it takes longer then a month till they contact us/her?

pinklady said:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/france/contact-us_contactez-nous.aspx?lang=eng
Click the email link to send an email. Attach proof of new address in pdf format.

paris @ international.gc.ca - here is another email address for Paris.

Have you checked on ecas to see if they have updated your address?

Your common-law partner can extend her stay as a visitor. She must do this about a month before her 6 months visitor status is up. you can apply online or in writing. Until she receives a response she will be on implied status (i.e. legal). It takes longer to get a response if you apply via mail, so perhaps do it this way to have longer implied status. (Just in case they respond no). Usually she will be given an extra 6-12 months.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp - link to forms to extend stay as a visitor.

Hope that helps!
This helps a lot!
I can only check the status on the cic site, the address there is correct. But that address can be changed online without waiting time. I can't lookup anything about the status in Paris. Neither the status (process time) of the application, nor if they have received my address change.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
I wouldn't worry just yet. They probably spent some time on the processing before making a decision.
Send an email using the link and ask about the decision made status. Say you haven't received an email/letter yet and inform them again about your address change.
I hope you hear something soon.
Good luck!