+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

On WP and waiting for PPR to be approved. Can my parents apply visitor visa?

wontonwrap

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Hi there,
My WP is expiring in July this year and I’m in the process of PR application ( CEC Express Entry applicant). In the worst scenario if my application got rejected, at least I want to show Canada to my parents. Is it possible for them to apply Visitor Visa to visit in June? They’re retired and have a house back home. No income or pension besides savings account in the bank. I can prove my finances to sponsor for them.
Thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi there,
My WP is expiring in July this year and I’m in the process of PR application ( CEC Express Entry applicant). In the worst scenario if my application got rejected, at least I want to show Canada to my parents. Is it possible for them to apply Visitor Visa to visit in June? They’re retired and have a house back home. No income or pension besides savings account in the bank. I can prove my finances to sponsor for them.
Thanks in advance.
They can certainly apply. Also, their complete lack of finances might have a negative impact on the TRV decisions.

Based on your WP validity/soon to expire, they could be issued short validity TRVs

wontonwrap

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
They can certainly apply. Also, their complete lack of finances might have a negative impact on the TRV decisions.

Based on your WP validity/soon to expire, they could be issued short validity TRVs
Thanks for the response. Will it affect my PR application?