Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
cempjwi said:
I bet you cannot remember what you did with your time before you incessantly read posts on this forum, checked your application status on the CIC website and had your nails for a snack thinking about the processing of your application.
Yeah, I think there was a time I used to play Farmville, what a waste of time!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Back to paranoia during the wait... :eek:

I don't know about any of you but I never knew how dependant I was on the forum helping me get through this process. Okay, I do know because I can see how many days/hours/minutes of my life I have been on it for! Call me Linus and the forum my blanket.

I get SUPER paranoid when I'm unable to log onto this site and I get a message that the server is busy. This is my reaction:

What?? :eek: That can't be, here, let me try again, no, same message. Okay, how about I try accessing it 25 times in a row!!!! Yes, that should do it and on the 25th time I should be able to log in. What?? :eek: The server is still busy? Is this just happening to me, or to everyone else too?? :eek: Okay, calm down, try again in five minutes, okay how about one minute... :eek: What?? How can the server still be busy?? How long is it going to be busy for?? GET A GRIP! RELAX! THE.FORUM.IS.NOT.YOUR.LIFE.YOU.ARE.GOING.TO.BE.OKAY.WITHOUT.IT. :'( Okay, I'm trying again, this is seriously the last time I'm trying. SUCCESS, I just logged on! HUGE sigh of relief, my heart rate is back to normal, I'm no longer sweating, and I can breathe again...

I'm sharing this paranoia story because I received the 'server is busy message' this morning for the third time since I've joined and I have felt the same way each time! I swear it's worse than not being able to access e-cas!

Thanks everyone for making this forum such a supportive environment during the wait...clearly I can't function without you! :D

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
Nevaeha said:
Back to paranoia during the wait... :eek:

I don't know about any of you but I never knew how dependant I was on the forum helping me get through this process. Okay, I do know because I can see how many days/hours/minutes of my life I have been on it for! Call me Linus and the forum my blanket.

I get SUPER paranoid when I'm unable to log onto this site and I get a message that the server is busy. This is my reaction:

What?? :eek: That can't be, here, let me try again, no, same message. Okay, how about I try accessing it 25 times in a row!!!! Yes, that should do it and on the 25th time I should be able to log in. What?? :eek: The server is still busy? Is this just happening to me, or to everyone else too?? :eek: Okay, calm down, try again in five minutes, okay how about one minute... :eek: What?? How can the server still be busy?? How long is it going to be busy for?? GET A GRIP! RELAX! THE.FORUM.IS.NOT.YOUR.LIFE.YOU.ARE.GOING.TO.BE.OKAY.WITHOUT.IT. :'( Okay, I'm trying again, this is seriously the last time I'm trying. SUCCESS, I just logged on! HUGE sigh of relief, my heart rate is back to normal, I'm no longer sweating, and I can breathe again...

I'm sharing this paranoia story because I received the 'server is busy message' this morning for the third time since I've joined and I have felt the same way each time! I swear it's worse than not being able to access e-cas!

Thanks everyone for making this forum such a supportive environment during the wait...clearly I can't function without you! :D
LOL. I know this forum has really been a part of some people's everyday lives. I try to check this forum everyday just to see if we get PPRs in my VO, and if it is actually moving forward. LOL.

I am happy I kind of got rid of the too much paranoia during this wait. I tried to keep myself busy from work, home, and church stuff. So yea, I hope everyone is doing well too :)

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nevaeha said:
Haha...did you try another browser?
Maybe clear your browser cache and try again?
Maybe try over cell phone network?
Reboot?

(Not poking fun...just all things I've done under the same circumstance)

But in all honesty...without this forum...and half year spans of not hearing ANYTHING....this is all we have, so its justified!

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
Luckyman said:
Haha...did you try another browser?
Maybe clear your browser cache and try again?
Maybe try over cell phone network?
Reboot?

(Not poking fun...just all things I've done under the same circumstance)

But in all honesty...without this forum...and half year spans of not hearing ANYTHING....this is all we have, so its justified!
This happens to me too, but it doesn't take more than 5 minutes.

RANDOM Q: Starbucks or Tim Hortons? ;D

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Iay said:
This happens to me too, but it doesn't take more than 5 minutes.

RANDOM Q: Starbucks or Tim Hortons? ;D
I actually like Tim Hortons after living in Ontario for a year .. you will get hooked on it! Even my British friend who said it tastes horrible now craves it. They say it has addictive properties and I actually know a friend's friend who is a chemist and analyzed it to discover there's nicotine in it.

But I like Starbucks only because I am a little bit obsessed with their collectable city mugs.

How about you?

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Steph C said:
I actually know a friend's friend who is a chemist and analyzed it to discover there's nicotine in it.
???

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Steph C said:
I actually like Tim Hortons after living in Ontario for a year .. you will get hooked on it! Even my British friend who said it tastes horrible now craves it. They say it has addictive properties and I actually know a friend's friend who is a chemist and analyzed it to discover there's nicotine in it.

But I like Starbucks only because I am a little bit obsessed with their collectable city mugs.

How about you?
That could explain why more than 1 makes me sick.

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
Steph C said:

How about you?
I never really like coffee just because I get a different reaction to caffeine, but NICOTINE??? :eek: :eek: :eek: wow, I haven't heard about that with Tims.
I like Tim Hortons, just because their coffee is not too bitter unlike Starbucks (I like the French vanilla). But I love Starbucks because of their Green Tea Latte/Frap. :D :D

And yes, I like the collectible mugs too, altho I don't collect. I just like seeing them. LOL.
Sometimes, Starbucks is overrated (esp in Philippines). I know you know what I mean Steph :p

wortip said:
Second Cup! ;D
I would take second cup too, coz they have green tea matcha latte, pretty similar to Starbucks'.

Dani_y28

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012 (BOG)
File Transfer...
11-09-2012
Med's Request
23-08-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
Another paranoia story!

Got my passport request on march 18 and sent it via DHL (with a prepaid return envelope) I'd check every single night the tracking number they gave me for the return until last night I saw it had been picked up at my visa office.

My nightmare began!
Checked until about 10pm until it said it left the capital on the way to my city. Woke up at 6:30am to keep tracking it until at 9 it said it arrived to my city! Waited for it to say in truck for delivery forever until at 12 pm it said it was given to someone else! Another postal company (which sucks) just because DHL didn't deliver in my area. Called DHL to get the tracking number of this new company only to hear that it was impossible because the company hadn't created a tracking number yet and that they MIGHT do so tomorrow! WTH I paid an express service through DHL not the other company and worst that that is the fact that I have no idea where my Passport is and neither do they. I believe at this point my husband and I are going NUTS!

I just hope I hear something tomorrow morning so that this whole insanity crazy process is over!

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
Dani_y28 said:
Another paranoia story!

Got my passport request on march 18 and sent it via DHL (with a prepaid return envelope) I'd check every single night the tracking number they gave me for the return until last night I saw it had been picked up at my visa office.

My nightmare began!
Checked until about 10pm until it said it left the capital on the way to my city. Woke up at 6:30am to keep tracking it until at 9 it said it arrived to my city! Waited for it to say in truck for delivery forever until at 12 pm it said it was given to someone else! Another postal company (which sucks) just because DHL didn't deliver in my area. Called DHL to get the tracking number of this new company only to hear that it was impossible because the company hadn't created a tracking number yet and that they MIGHT do so tomorrow! WTH I paid an express service through DHL not the other company and worst that that is the fact that I have no idea where my Passport is and neither do they. I believe at this point my husband and I are going NUTS!

I just hope I hear something tomorrow morning so that this whole insanity crazy process is over!
Whew! I know how hard it is to wait for a package to arrive/get delivered, but don't worry too much, I'm pretty sure it is in good hands :)
I hope you hear from them soon.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Iay said:
I never really like coffee just because I get a different reaction to caffeine, but NICOTINE??? :eek: :eek: :eek: wow, I haven't heard about that with Tims.
I like Tim Hortons, just because their coffee is not too bitter unlike Starbucks (I like the French vanilla). But I love Starbucks because of their Green Tea Latte/Frap. :D :D

And yes, I like the collectible mugs too, altho I don't collect. I just like seeing them. LOL.
Sometimes, Starbucks is overrated (esp in Philippines). I know you know what I mean Steph :p

I would take second cup too, coz they have green tea matcha latte, pretty similar to Starbucks'.
In the Philippines you will see me in Starbucks every day. It always seems to me like there's nothing to do there but walk the mall.. and the mall has no benches so we have to go to Starbucks. When I go in, all 6 people working behind the counter will scream "Hi STEPH C!" It's super embarrassing. Especially in front of the in-laws when I try and pretend I'm not so fancy going to Starbucks every day :-[

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
Steph C said:
In the Philippines you will see me in Starbucks every day. It always seems to me like there's nothing to do there but walk the mall.. and the mall has no benches so we have to go to Starbucks. When I go in, all 6 people working behind the counter will scream "Hi STEPH C!" It's super embarrassing. Especially in front of the in-laws when I try and pretend I'm not so fancy going to Starbucks every day :-[
LOL. Well, that's how they treat regular customers and no way to hide it maybe :p :p
Yea, it's a nice place to sit if you need somewhere peaceful. You know how crowded most of the malls in the Philippines. LOL

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Steph C said:
My wife is addicted to Starbucks. She says she doesn't go everyday but I know she does.