Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
As I've mentioned in here, I'm living in a very french area of Québec with my Canadian husband. Many of my frustrations, laughs, and victories come not as much from the immigration stuff as from trying to learn french and dealing with the language barrier.

My current giggle is over something I did at the grocery store. My husband is a freezie addict, and despite it STILL being winter here, he asked me to get freezies the next time I went shopping. I'd looked at three or four different stores, but hadn't found them, so I finally decided to ask for help. I found a gentleman who worked at the store and asked him, "Est-ce que vous avez...uhm...freezies?" (Do you have...uhm...freezies? I didn't know what they were called here.) He looked at me in confusion. I elaborated, "Comme ça," (like this), and mimed eating a freezie. "Oh, Monsieur Freeze!" he said, understanding what I was looking for. He then said they don't have them yet (I guess they're seasonal products here?). I left the store feeling pretty proud of myself for communicating, but as I replayed the conversation in my mind, I realized that the "eating a freezie" gesture was remarkably similar to...well, miming a profane act that one can perform on a man. I came home and told the story to my husband, and we both had a good laugh. We'll just have to see if that gentleman at the store is extra friendly to me now!

I did manage to make reservations at a restaurant today for our anniversary dinner. It only took me a little over a week to work up my courage, haha, but it went well, even if it left me shaky. The phone makes me SOOOO nervous. Not like I can make lewd gestures to aid in communicating on the phone!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
QuebecOkie said:
As I've mentioned in here, I'm living in a very french area of Québec with my Canadian husband. Many of my frustrations, laughs, and victories come not as much from the immigration stuff as from trying to learn french and dealing with the language barrier.

My current giggle is over something I did at the grocery store. My husband is a freezie addict, and despite it STILL being winter here, he asked me to get freezies the next time I went shopping. I'd looked at three or four different stores, but hadn't found them, so I finally decided to ask for help. I found a gentleman who worked at the store and asked him, "Est-ce que vous avez...uhm...freezies?" (Do you have...uhm...freezies? I didn't know what they were called here.) He looked at me in confusion. I elaborated, "Comme ça," (like this), and mimed eating a freezie. "Oh, Monsieur Freeze!" he said, understanding what I was looking for. He then said they don't have them yet (I guess they're seasonal products here?). I left the store feeling pretty proud of myself for communicating, but as I replayed the conversation in my mind, I realized that the "eating a freezie" gesture was remarkably similar to...well, miming a profane act that one can perform on a man. I came home and told the story to my husband, and we both had a good laugh. We'll just have to see if that gentleman at the store is extra friendly to me now!

I did manage to make reservations at a restaurant today for our anniversary dinner. It only took me a little over a week to work up my courage, haha, but it went well, even if it left me shaky. The phone makes me SOOOO nervous. Not like I can make lewd gestures to aid in communicating on the phone!
Good thing he did not reply "AH...Monsieur Felatio...." Those things never go out of season.

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
Steph C said:
I get the cleanliness of washing yourself with water.. it feels nice and clean but I hate that the bathroom becomes a water world. And in my imagination it's always @ ss water from other people splashing. Getting my behind and feet wet in that water every time I have to pee.. it's not very fun. No wonder the guys like to water the coconut tree outside.

Another funny thing is you can have a complete toilet with a tank on the back, but nobody hooks it up to the water line. You get so used to it that one day you will end up doing the bucket flush on the most sophisticated of toilets without realizing they will flush with the handle.

I like public washrooms because they seem cleaner then ours in the house. Gas station washrooms are fantastic. Sometimes they will even flush with the handle and have soap at a real sink. I once used a toilet in the country house of a friend, it was kind of an incomplete toilet with a curtain and it was really funny because my friend's mother was actually trying to carry on a conversation with me while I was doing my business. She was kind of peeking over the side at me as if everything was normal and I was like... um....

I find mall washrooms annoying for another reason, it's because all the women will pile up at the mirror to gaze at themself or fuss over where to put a particular strand of hair. You can't even wash your hands! I always secretly wonder if they don't have mirrors at home? I will never figure that out.. I asked my guy and he just laughs and says 'well, that's Filipinas for you.' I guess that's why they all have such great hair :D

I'm always the carrier and dispenser of lou roll.. somehow the wife's purse gets to hold everything the man doesn't want to carry in his pockets. ::) Sure enough we will get to the mall and he will ask for a roll of tissue. That's why I have to carry a big purse :p
I regularly visit the post even though I never do write,I have to say I always get a laugh or a smile and it's nice to know we are all in similar boat!!--Thanks for the laugh :)