Souviksen007

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi,
I am travelling from India to Canada and have a layover of 19 hrs at Dubai. Just wondering if there is any on-site Covid-19 RT PCR test facility in Dubai Airport. Else is it possible to get a test within 19 hrs from outside the airport?

KBB_26

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hi,
I am travelling from India to Canada and have a layover of 19 hrs at Dubai. Just wondering if there is any on-site Covid-19 RT PCR test facility in Dubai Airport. Else is it possible to get a test within 19 hrs from outside the airport?
Same situation. Please post here if you get any updates.

august_leo

Star Member
Oct 8, 2021
Ottawa
I travelled 2 weeks back. They do it for free there but please have a layover of more than 6 hours to be sure. Results are available online and via SMS to your mobile phone. You can get a free printout at one of the counters. Also, the directions for the testing counters are clearly visible at the arrival terminals. Don't miss them (in my case, I had to go opposite to the direction of the arriving crowd at the terminal). Also, check for Dubai Connect program. They gave a hotel for free for me. I had a layover of 11 hours but man, I spent only 2 hours at hotel because visa on arrival for Dubai Connect took 5 hours and waiting for hotel shuttle took roughly an hour. I submitted documents in advance over email but the program is so mismanaged. Seems visa on arrival will take time. You also get free 24 hour SIM card with 1 GB data at immigration counter (you can use it if you have SIM ejection tool)

Also, if it helps, in my case I didn't receive results on my mobile or online. I panicked a bit and when checked with other travelers at the hotel, they also confirmed what my other friends told me, that their results were available within 2 hours from testing. I went to the testing counter at airport just few hour prior to my check in flight to Canada and the lady there was super helpful. She said there is no way results are not in the system (either invalid or positive should also be a result in the system), so she tried all permutations and combinations with my passport number. Apparently,the testing lady entered D for 0 in the passport number. Sigh!

Reactions: KBB_26

KBB_26

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hi

Please share your experiences for the benefit of others.

thank you.
I travelled on 31st Dec 2021 via Dubai to Toronto. There is a facility on Dubai T3 where they provide RTPCR testing and give the results within 4 hours. This test report is valid to board flight to Canada. Lab name is PureHealth. You need to download its app and enter passport number and birthdate to get report after 4 hours of sample collection. Make sure the passport number is correct.

This test is free of cost and lab on the same floor as Exit/Immigration counters.

Balaji Sankar

Jan 4, 2022
Is Dubai transit visa needed to take the test at PureHealth(T3 Terminal)? I'm planning to book my ticket for March 11 from Chennai to Toronto.

august_leo

Star Member
Oct 8, 2021
Ottawa
Is Dubai transit visa needed to take the test at PureHealth(T3 Terminal)? I'm planning to book my ticket for March 11 from Chennai to Toronto.
Testing site is before immigration check. However, check transit visa requirements based on your passport. Getting Dubai transit visa is pretty easy and Emirates will do it for you. Call customer care.