+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

On Restoration Status using Express entry

Apr 18, 2015
My Extension for Work Permit has been refused because I attached my LMIA which is to this time, still waiting for approval from HRDC. I have to restore my status within 90 days and with that, I attached my letter from CIC which confirms my application for PR has been received by CIC - under Express Entry CEC.

I also attached my certificate for Provincial Nominee because i was approved by the Province of Alberta just last week. Shall CIC grant me a restoration? For what I think, I am in first stage approval for PR, only that I didn't submit the right documents on time before my status as a worker expired.

Please advise. I barely can sleep at night.

daomingli

Jan 25, 2016
ginggrooves123 said:
My Extension for Work Permit has been refused because I attached my LMIA which is to this time, still waiting for approval from HRDC. I have to restore my status within 90 days and with that, I attached my letter from CIC which confirms my application for PR has been received by CIC - under Express Entry CEC.

I also attached my certificate for Provincial Nominee because i was approved by the Province of Alberta just last week. Shall CIC grant me a restoration? For what I think, I am in first stage approval for PR, only that I didn't submit the right documents on time before my status as a worker expired.

Please advise. I barely can sleep at night.

Hi dear friend,

I was searching articles about " restoration" and then run into your post. I made the same mistake on my work permit as you did, and I was really wondering how did you solve your probem back then. Please give me some advices as you might know I feel extremely sad about it. My situation is:

Before my old work permit expired on November, 2015 I submitted my work permit extension application online, at that moment I had not been invited for EE. Jan 06 2016, I got the ITA invitation and on Jan 22 I submitted the PR application! Today I got an refusal letter from CIC that my application for work permit extension is refused as my positive eligibility assessment on the APR is not yet passed! I was working under implied status for the past two months and my temporary resident status expire TODAY!

They advised me to apply for restoration, within 90 days from today! People in this forum keep on telling me that only result I can get from restoration, without a LMIA, is a visitor visa.

I will be so sad if it is just a visitor visa. As you have had this problem before, dear friend, can you please give me any advice? What did you get in the end? Did they issue your work permit after you restored your status??

Thanks for your precious time, I hope you get the best in the end!!!

niccigee

Feb 27, 2016
daomingli said:
Hi dear friend,

I was searching articles about " restoration" and then run into your post. I made the same mistake on my work permit as you did, and I was really wondering how did you solve your probem back then. Please give me some advices as you might know I feel extremely sad about it. My situation is:

Before my old work permit expired on November, 2015 I submitted my work permit extension application online, at that moment I had not been invited for EE. Jan 06 2016, I got the ITA invitation and on Jan 22 I submitted the PR application! Today I got an refusal letter from CIC that my application for work permit extension is refused as my positive eligibility assessment on the APR is not yet passed! I was working under implied status for the past two months and my temporary resident status expire TODAY!

They advised me to apply for restoration, within 90 days from today! People in this forum keep on telling me that only result I can get from restoration, without a LMIA, is a visitor visa.

I will be so sad if it is just a visitor visa. As you have had this problem before, dear friend, can you please give me any advice? What did you get in the end? Did they issue your work permit after you restored your status??

Thanks for your precious time, I hope you get the best in the end!!!
---------------------------------------

Hi there,

I also have the exact same issue i applied for BOWP in Nov 2015 within 4month of my work permit expiring which was Feb 8th. The BOWP got refused as i did not yet have a PR application in process; at the time i thought that once i applied for the Express Entry this was the first stage of my PR application and that was enough in order to apply for the BOWP. It is only since receiving the Refusal Letter that i now understand that i need to have ITA and have received a AOR to be eligible. I have these things now but as my open work permit has expired so therefore i cannot reapply.

I have a job and I’m going to have to stop working and apply for a Work Permit but the processing time is about 3 months.

• Wondering if anyone knows of any fast tracks so that i can obtain a work permit ASAP and get back into work while my PR application is processing.
• Also will i have to cross the border to get visitor status?
• What is the procedure for the restoration process?