+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ON PNP-reference letter needed for verification-after PPR?

Sandipppp

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-3-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
traxton said:
That is what I hope but my PNP cert has already expired so I don't know whether they'll still give me 600 points? But I have a pending PNP PR application in progress now, so technically I am still considered a provincial nominee? I don't know how CIC will determine this for me.

Yes applicants can have multiple PR applications via any channels as long as they meet the requirements. You should quickly create an EE profile now in time for the end Jan draw (that is if you qualify under FSW, CEC or FST at this point). The fact that your ON PNP cert hasn't expired yet is even better. After you have created an EE profile you'll be prompted to validate your providncial nomination, which Ontario PNP office will not do for you. So you have to submit an attachment of your nomination cert and explain your case via an online CIC email form.
Thanks for providing info, Traxton. May i ask a few more question, if you don't mind?

Do i have to assess my two years of Canadian diploma as per EE requirement?
Do you know the minimum IELTS score required for EE-CEC?
Where would i find 'online CIC email form'?

Thanks

prudhvi

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
traxton said:
That is what I hope but my PNP cert has already expired so I don't know whether they'll still give me 600 points? But I have a pending PNP PR application in progress now, so technically I am still considered a provincial nominee? I don't know how CIC will determine this for me.

Yes applicants can have multiple PR applications via any channels as long as they meet the requirements. You should quickly create an EE profile now in time for the end Jan draw (that is if you qualify under FSW, CEC or FST at this point). The fact that your ON PNP cert hasn't expired yet is even better. After you have created an EE profile you'll be prompted to validate your providncial nomination, which Ontario PNP office will not do for you. So you have to submit an attachment of your nomination cert and explain your case via an online CIC email form.

OPNP certificate will not support express entry. i called to the OPNP office and explained my situation. They told me that OPNP is not under express entry for now. You can also check it in opportunities Ontario site...Ontario is currently developing its approach to Express Entry.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE.html

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
Sandipppp said:
Thanks for providing info, Traxton. May i ask a few more question, if you don't mind?

Do i have to assess my two years of Canadian diploma as per EE requirement?
Do you know the minimum IELTS score required for EE-CEC?
Where would i find 'online CIC email form'?

Thanks
Depends on which scheme you apply EE with. I'm under CEC so the assessment of my academic qualifications was unnecessary but will just give me more points. But for other schemes like FSW you'll have to get your academic qualifications assessed. But I think there isn't a need for assessment if your qualifications are Canadian. I don't know the minimum IELTS score you'll have to search elsewhere in the EE forum. Online form can be found here:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

prudhvi said:
OPNP certificate will not support express entry. i called to the OPNP office and explained my situation. They told me that OPNP is not under express entry for now. You can also check it in opportunities Ontario site...Ontario is currently developing its approach to Express Entry.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE.html
CIC gave a different story when I called them. They said that I should still indicate that I have been provincially nominated (which is the truth) and that I may still get the 600 points if I submit to them an attachment of my provincial nomination cert.

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
traxton said:
Depends on which scheme you apply EE with. I'm under CEC so the assessment of my academic qualifications was unnecessary but will just give me more points. But for other schemes like FSW you'll have to get your academic qualifications assessed. But I think there isn't a need for assessment if your qualifications are Canadian. I don't know the minimum IELTS score you'll have to search elsewhere in the EE forum. Online form can be found here:

CIC gave a different story when I called them. They said that I should still indicate that I have been provincially nominated (which is the truth) and that I may still get the 600 points if I submit to them an attachment of my provincial nomination cert.
How do we submit to them an attachment of our provincial nomination cert? There wasn't an option for attachments when creating the EE profile????

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
joyous said:
How do we submit to them an attachment of our provincial nomination cert? There wasn't an option for attachments when creating the EE profile????
You could perhaps quote the Province Nomination Certificate number and issue date

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
joyous said:
Fill up this online form explaining your case with relevant attachments:

Right now I'm just waiting for a reply after sending the online form. I don't know if I'll get the 600 points or not. I'm just worried that because CIC gave me 30days to validate my provincial nomination, and since I can't get it validated via the Ontario office, and if CIC doesn't respond to my online form reply, that means I might miss the ITA draw at the end of Jan since my EE application is deemed incomplete with the outstanding provincial nomination validation?

july1008

Nov 27, 2014
traxton said:
Fill up this online form explaining your case with relevant attachments:

Right now I'm just waiting for a reply after sending the online form. I don't know if I'll get the 600 points or not. I'm just worried that because CIC gave me 30days to validate my provincial nomination, and since I can't get it validated via the Ontario office, and if CIC doesn't respond to my online form reply, that means I might miss the ITA draw at the end of Jan since my EE application is deemed incomplete with the outstanding provincial nomination validation?
If you are also qualified for the other two programs (CEC and FSW), your profile won't be deemed as long as you enter yourself to the Job Bank.

Sandipppp

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-3-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
I had sent an email to CIO regarding my file number not issued to this day and this is what sent me after 2.5 months:

"Good Afternoon:

Your email is being forwarded to the appropriate party for response/ review.

Thank You,

Client Service Unit
Citizenship and Immigration
Centralized Intake Office
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada"

Hopefully things are moving along slowly.

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
Any OPNP nominees out there who applied for work permit last year received it this year?? I am on nearly 5 months of waiting now because of the OPNP audit/QA debacle.

max_ka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
joyous said:
Any OPNP nominees out there who applied for work permit last year received it this year?? I am on nearly 5 months of waiting now because of the OPNP audit/QA debacle.
I'm still waiting too from next month I go onto Implied status. I should have applied under refugee category at least it processes faster.

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
max_ka said:
I'm still waiting too from next month I go onto Implied status. I should have applied under refugee category at least it processes faster.
How long have you waited?

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
max_ka said:
For PR 15.5 months and wp 4 months
If you have waited 15.5 months for PR, hopefully, you will get it soon.

It is extra slow now for Ontario PNP. Best of luck to you and please keep me posted on your work permit progress!

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
max_ka said:
Max, by Feb, your PR application has reached its standard of 17 month. You may want to contact MP for help.

max_ka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
joyous said:
If you have waited 15.5 months for PR, hopefully, you will get it soon.

It is extra slow now for Ontario PNP. Best of luck to you and please keep me posted on your work permit progress!
Thanks and Yeah I will keep posted .