+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ON PNP-reference letter needed for verification-after PPR?

islamabad786

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
Audit report that highligts the weaknesses of current Ontario PNP program and recommendations to improve it. Most of the improvements in the process will be in-placed in 2015 as responded by Ministry. God know's how much time we have to wait if they intent to scrutinize our applications on the basis of recommendations.

moonbow2010 said:
Read the report from ON government, which partly explains how they look at the current ON PNP and why QA was conducted.

http://www.auditor.on.ca/en/reports_en/en14/309en14.pdf

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
I received my GCMS note. Nothing changed for the past 3 months. The due date has been moved to Feb 2015.

I also just submitted my CEC application. I hope it won't be too late for CEC this year.

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
Thanks for sharing the report, it has lot of information about why CIC has reasons to slowdown the process. This was very much detailed and shows the Ontario PNP is a broken program where there is no Transparency for applicants like us and Staff not well equipped in handling cases. Looks like the Masters graduates without a Job in future years will have changes and the conditions would become strict. In the report there is also a mention about the QA process and Why CIC is not happy with Ontario. CIC has requested Ontario to assess the Masters without Job category since 2012 to see its economic benefits to the province and the followup with Nominees. But Ontario did not do anything in-spite of getting a doubled allocation for Nominees and most of them used by candidates without job offers category. Thats the reason CIC had to stop the processing and it alarmed Ontario to go back and do its part to comply with the policies.

If there is a chance we should request this to make things more efficient. I know almost all of us here have jobs ( Some job atleast that pays your monthly bills) but applied in the category - without job offers. The only reason was I didnt want to disturb my employer to go through the screening process. if they make the process easier and a simple verification process like showing paystubs or tax returns along with an added provincial ID like health card would make the process seamless and easy for both PNP office and CIC. This way the province and CIC can track the applicants properly and focus on efficient and transparent processing without keeping us in the dark in the QA process.

moonbow2010 said:
Read the report from ON government, which partly explains how they look at the current ON PNP and why QA was conducted.

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
Well we're pretty safe I'd say since they have used our applications as sample data to conduct their research and make recommendations (which is why we've been delayed). I genuinely believe and hope that our applications will be prioritized by CIC after what we've been through.
I really worry though about those that have just applied for PNP and those who will apply in 2015. Between training new staff and implement newer stringent QA rules, they should arm themselves with tons of patience.

islamabad786 said:
Audit report that highligts the weaknesses of current Ontario PNP program and recommendations to improve it. Most of the improvements in the process will be in-placed in 2015 as responded by Ministry. God know's how much time we have to wait if they intent to scrutinize our applications on the basis of recommendations.

toleoring

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Thanks for the link.

So it means QA has finished? Hopefully CIC's happy with what ON has to offer and resumes processing. I want my AOR!

moonbow2010 said:

n.zaman

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Ontario, Canada
fenomenalb said:
Well we're pretty safe I'd say since they have used our applications as sample data to conduct their research and make recommendations (which is why we've been delayed). I genuinely believe and hope that our applications will be prioritized by CIC after what we've been through.
I really worry though about those that have just applied for PNP and those who will apply in 2015. Between training new staff and implement newer stringent QA rules, they should arm themselves with tons of patience.
Does the strict regulations apply to applicants who already got their PNP nomination and applied for PR to CIC?

I got my PNP nomination in October 2014 and applied for PR to CIO on Dec 1 ,2014.

ananas

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
06-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Interview........
N/A RPRF request: 16-04-2015
Dear Sir / Madam

This is to confirm that we have received your application. Please note you will be notified once a file number has been assigned to your application.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. We will contact you if further information is required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process requests efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.

Regards,

PNP
Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
219 Laurier Ave. West,
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
Canada

That's a generic e-mail they send as reply to inquires right? It's like an AOR but not really because there is no file number attached to it, correct?

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
From what I understand, the first part of QA has been completed since the auditors have made recommendations based on their findings. I do think that the current staff are under intense and heavy scrutiny from the provincial government and from the feds, so I don't think anybody's file will be moving particularly fast anymore (according to the report they kind of ran the joint like the mafia with certain representatives benefitting from fast processing because the representative used to work there!). How quickly and efficiently those recommendations will be implemented is yet to be determined, the horizon mentioned is early 2015 before they set up all the things they would need to do. So if you have sent your application to CIC, chances are your file shouldn't face more the delay than the rest of us. From the tone of the report, based on the concerns raised by CIC, they really didn't seem too happy with the integrity of Ontario applicants. So I think that current and future ON PNP will be asked for proof of just about everything. My 2 cents.
n.zaman said:
Does the strict regulations apply to applicants who already got their PNP nomination and applied for PR to CIC?

I got my PNP nomination in October 2014 and applied for PR to CIO on Dec 1 ,2014.

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
Strange thing is that Ottawa never gives AOR (at least not that I know of -Sydney gives AOR)...it's either the mistake of a federal agent familiar with the Sydney procedure or that is an interesting insight on how things are done in Ottawa. Maybe once a file is picked up by an officer, they will give it an internal number that they can refer to when finalizing the application process. Who knows...
ananas said:
Dear Sir / Madam

This is to confirm that we have received your application. Please note you will be notified once a file number has been assigned to your application.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. We will contact you if further information is required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum. In order to process requests efficiently, we will not be responding to duplicate requests.

Regards,

PNP
219 Laurier Ave. West,
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
Canada

That's a generic e-mail they send as reply to inquires right? It's like an AOR but not really because there is no file number attached to it, correct?

Paopao599

Jul 29, 2014
By the end of next week, most of the staffs will go on vacation and no one is going to work until the second week of Jan.. If we don't hear anything by next week, no chance we will have good news before new year.

toleoring

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
ananas said:
Dear Sir / Madam

Regards,

PNP
219 Laurier Ave. West,
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
Canada

I didn't even get this - I sent them an email in October.

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
They have started working on our file as some people got into Process n I have received couple of emails from Ottawa asking about some forms to be refilled again..