+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ON PNP-reference letter needed for verification-after PPR?

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
I'm in the same boat as all of y'all. I just received my latest GCMS notes as of late Sep and there has been no updates since Jul 24 when my file went to "Destination Ontario - Officer Review". To think the last time I saw my notes I thought that meant that my file was finally going to be assigned to a federal CIC officer to be in progress; instead it meant that my file would be sent to (what feels like) an eternal limbo aka QA.

shadash

Aug 7, 2014
I emailed Ottawa again to ask about status of this QA, and they replied with the template answer of your file is in ottawa pending review
Is there even an end to this nonsense? or they want to make us withdraw one bu one. I guess they are not willing to get back to these files.
Is there any way to talk more seriously to people sitting in ottawa to at least know when the review starts?

max_ka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
To all those have their status in process, can you share your Assessments on first page of GCMS notes under PNC information.

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
Perhaps... for those of us who are holding a full-time job now and are pending QA, CIC will process us via the Express Entry route this Jan? Or is this wishful thinking?

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
i received call today but i was not able to talk to him due to too much noise on phone in line and then he said i would call you again tomorrow.....

I am from FSW track.

what do you say guys.... ?

Paopao599

Jul 29, 2014
traxton said:
Perhaps... for those of us who are holding a full-time job now and are pending QA, CIC will process us via the Express Entry route this Jan? Or is this wishful thinking?
HAHHAHA, it is wishful thinking. I will hope so, but I don't think it is the same thing. Was Express entry for CEC?

Paopao599

Jul 29, 2014
traxton said:
I'm in the same boat as all of y'all. I just received my latest GCMS notes as of late Sep and there has been no updates since Jul 24 when my file went to "Destination Ontario - Officer Review". To think the last time I saw my notes I thought that meant that my file was finally going to be assigned to a federal CIC officer to be in progress; instead it meant that my file would be sent to (what feels like) an eternal limbo aka QA.
Let's call that phantom zone....

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
Paopao599 said:
HAHHAHA, it is wishful thinking. I will hope so, but I don't think it is the same thing. Was Express entry for CEC?
They are not phasing out CEC I think. Express entry seems like a hybrid of PNP and CEC, for people who are already provincially nominated or hold a full time job the processing time will be faster according to their website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp

I'm referring to this specific quote
"Candidates will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence if they rank among the top in the pool, based on their skills and experience. Candidates who have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer (subject to the Labour Market Impact Assessment process in place at that time) or have been nominated by a province or territory will be given high scores in the ranking system."

So if we have BOTH a job offer (i.e. already holding a full-time job) AND a provincial nomination, wouldn't that make us the top priority?

Paopao599

Jul 29, 2014
traxton said:
They are not phasing out CEC I think. Express entry seems like a hybrid of PNP and CEC, for people who are already provincially nominated or hold a full time job the processing time will be faster according to their website:

I'm referring to this specific quote
"Candidates will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence if they rank among the top in the pool, based on their skills and experience. Candidates who have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer (subject to the Labour Market Impact Assessment process in place at that time) or have been nominated by a province or territory will be given high scores in the ranking system."

So if we have BOTH a job offer (i.e. already holding a full-time job) AND a provincial nomination, wouldn't that make us the top priority?
Hnm, that sounds interesting. So do we need to say submit any additional documents or apply for the express entry seperatelly? Can we do that when our cases are already submitted? Actually, it is a bit unclear about what Skills and Experience they referred. I think it may work better for engineering

ananas

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
06-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Interview........
N/A RPRF request: 16-04-2015
Paopao599 said:
Hnm, that sounds interesting. So do we need to say submit any additional documents or apply for the express entry seperatelly? Can we do that when our cases are already submitted? Actually, it is a bit unclear about what Skills and Experience they referred. I think it may work better for engineering
Also, I am guessing most OPNP applicants that have submitted their application up until today will have their certificates expired by January when Express Entry starts. We would not be provincial nominees technically anymore by then (for the purposes of Express Entry)? We would not be top priority anymore? I also hold a full-time job, but my certificate expired in September... Also, a Labour Market Impact Assessment, I wonder if that would be needed since I am currently a work permit holder that was supported by an Labour Market Opinion.

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
Paopao599 said:
Details on how to apply for Express Entry haven't been posted. Since ON PNP called to verify whether we are working, those of us holding full time jobs might be automatically transferred to Express Entry? Although I think this is unlikely given how inflexible or archaic their processing system is. I think we might end up having to complete a separate Express Entry application?

ananas said:
Also, I am guessing most OPNP applicants that have submitted their application up until today will have their certificates expired by January when Express Entry starts. We would not be provincial nominees technically anymore by then (for the purposes of Express Entry)? We would not be top priority anymore? I also hold a full-time job, but my certificate expired in September... Also, a Labour Market Impact Assessment, I wonder if that would be needed since I am currently a work permit holder that was supported by an Labour Market Opinion.
That's true, but I guess we can indicate that we already have a live, ongoing PNP PR application so that would mean our provincial nomination is still technically valid?

gambler_2006

Jul 14, 2012
Ya i think so too that they are going to transfer many pnp applicants into express entry program. But would they be asking us before doing it or they are gona do it by their own will???

gambler_2006

Jul 14, 2012
Basically this is how the new system would work. People will apply for express entry and their names would be placed in EOI pool. Then employers will select them and offer them jobs or province would select them and offer them certificates. Then they will be able to apply for PR.

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
Guys, I hate to go against the grain but this express entry speculation makes no sense. It does not entirely rid provincial governments of their ability to sponsor candidates and PNP is not one of their primary targeted economic categories (FSW is).
It will be an eternal pain in the behind to try and merge PNP (us) with another system and I am pretty sure that would be illegal too but I speculate...

Here's some homework folks:

There's a step by step break down of how express entry works (pay close attention to steps 4 and 5):
https://www.canadianimmigration.net/immigrate-to-canada/express-entry.html

That should put the whole express entry thing to bed. Now, since we are all guessing, I will offer my guess: CIC will deal with us appropriately no matter how long and painstaking it will be. And New applicants in 2015 will get a shot at Express entry....step through which they might be 'invited to apply as PNP" haha

gambler_2006

Jul 14, 2012
Even i got the call from Ontario PNP office. asked basic 3 questions. Then i talked in very detail with the officer about what is going on. Told me that yes CIC has put applications on hold because we are doing some QA checks. He also added that some other provinces has also started this. He further added that we would see some change within two months from now.
It would be ending at some stage and i think this year would be the end of it. I am also noticing that CIC has stopped putting applications In process since september for other provinces also.