+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ON PNP-reference letter needed for verification-after PPR?

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
karenv said:
Why don't you try CEC this year? We don't know if the rules would be changed next year. CIC may require us to have a job and/or a LMIA in order to apply for PR
Paopao599 said:
I think if you have the experience and by Dec none of us hear anything from CIC, you should at least try to apply for CEC. In the meantime, if your work permit expired and you have a full time job, you can apply for work permit, at least I know someone did.
Thanks for your advice. Express Entry claims to have a faster processing time (6 months or less) than CEC and besides I am holding a full time job now so I should qualify for Express Entry when it opens up. Also, I'm still clinging onto a thread of hope that my PNP PR application will move to IP by year end. If no news by Jan then I'm definitely going for Express Entry. As for the extension of the BOWP, I don't know whether I can do it since I was first given a 1year PGWP then a 1year BOWP. It will expire mid next year anyway, I'll inquire CIC about it when the date draws closer.

missp

Jul 24, 2014
Fingers crossed too. I don't even have a file number yet not sure they will bother with calling me. I submitted my application in June to CIC and been waiting since then. I believe they stopped issuing file numbers to new ontario pnp applicants that submitted towards the end of May. Hopefully they finish calling the rest of the applicants with file numbers between April and May. Then we see a change like you said in December (hopefully)

hawkua said:
I just received the call - same questions as everyone else. No news as to the timing.

As to the information about timing, December is actually a month and a half away, so if we put the two replies together, they would suggest that QA will go on until the beginning of December and then we will see some changes in our processing. Fingers crossed.

What I find interesting is that it is OPNP, not CIC that is making the calls - this means that when they finish calling everyone, OPNPwill have to share the information with CIC (otherwise, there is no sense for OPNP to do the extra work on applicants who already have the provincial nomination). From other posts, it looks like they are calling people based on the timing of application. If we want to do something while waiting till December, we could track the progress that PNP is making with the calls by posting our nomination/PR application dates.

My nomination came around Feb 20 and my application was received by CIC on April 23rd.

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
I should say, I am one of the last few applicant whose application was given file number - My file reached either 30th april or may 1st. Looking at the calls that are coming from O-PNP verification it seems that they are completing the reviews now. Because applications that came after the second week of may are yet to be assigned a file number. So my guess is we will all get processing sometime soon. CIC is making sure the applications that its about to process are the right applicants. I heard from somewhere that the Ontario program is the only PNP which has a big quota of 2500 nominations and a category where people without jobs can apply. So they are just making sure things are in order.

hawkua said:
I just received the call - same questions as everyone else. No news as to the timing.

As to the information about timing, December is actually a month and a half away, so if we put the two replies together, they would suggest that QA will go on until the beginning of December and then we will see some changes in our processing. Fingers crossed.

What I find interesting is that it is OPNP, not CIC that is making the calls - this means that when they finish calling everyone, OPNPwill have to share the information with CIC (otherwise, there is no sense for OPNP to do the extra work on applicants who already have the provincial nomination). From other posts, it looks like they are calling people based on the timing of application. If we want to do something while waiting till December, we could track the progress that PNP is making with the calls by posting our nomination/PR application dates.

My nomination came around Feb 20 and my application was received by CIC on April 23rd.

missp

Jul 24, 2014
bethanasame said:
I should say, I am one of the last few applicant whose application was given file number - My file reached either 30th april or may 1st. Looking at the calls that are coming from O-PNP verification it seems that they are completing the reviews now. Because applications that came after the second week of may are yet to be assigned a file number. So my guess is we will all get processing sometime soon. CIC is making sure the applications that its about to process are the right applicants. I heard from somewhere that the Ontario program is the only PNP which has a big quota of 2500 nominations and a category where people without jobs can apply. So they are just making sure things are in order.
Have you gotten a call yet?

gambler_2006

Jul 14, 2012
What i was told by the ON PNP before that these calls has nothing to do with cic. These are the checks which province do it from their side.

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
gambler_2006 said:
What i was told by the ON PNP before that these calls has nothing to do with cic. These are the checks which province do it from their side.
They told the exact same thing to me....when I called few days ago...

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
hawkua said:

I didn't get any call as of yet. I got nomination towards the end of march and applied to CIC on April 09

sohrabshabani

Dec 30, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon
hime said:
They told the exact same thing to me....when I called few days ago...
There is a coordination between Ontario PNP office and CIC office in Ottawa. I asked the guy who called me and he said they will send updated information to Ottawa.That is why CIC office in Ottawa has stopped processing PNP application since July 2014 because they are waiting for Ontario PNP office to finish the quality assurance

gambler_2006

Jul 14, 2012
There could be one more reason. May be ontario pnp told them to stop processing as they are doing qa exercise.
One thing more if I am not wrong is it true that no one became immigrant in ontario through this pnp programme since august 201?
Can we ask ontario pnp about people who became immigrant in ontario through pnp in 2014?
Would they be able to tell as there is no one?

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
gambler_2006 said:
There could be one more reason. May be ontario pnp told them to stop processing as they are doing qa exercise.
One thing more if I am not wrong is it true that no one became immigrant in ontario through this pnp programme since august 201?
Can we ask ontario pnp about people who became immigrant in ontario through pnp in 2014?
Would they be able to tell as there is no one?
My friend had got his PR through oPNP in June but he was September 26 2013 pr applicant. And escaped QA by few days

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
max_ka said:
Mine is sept 2013 n still in process
I have read his GCMS notes, his whole case was processed in Sydney and then transferred to cic office in Toronto and finally his visa and copr was printed in Ottawa