+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ON PNP-reference letter needed for verification-after PPR?

ameet747

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
Hey Folks!
Sorry if my question is a bit off-topic BUT I need to find out about eligibility for BOWP for OPNP nominees.
I am a nominee under OPNP International Masters graduate WITHOUT a job offer stream. My PR file reached CIO on Aug 18th.
Since everyone is talking about OPNP applications on hold at CIC, I wanted to know if I can at least apply for a BOWP without the AoR?
My PGWP is expiring in November and I just want to know in case I don't get my AoR on time, what are my options.
Does anyone know anything about this?

GT1234

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Toronto
I beleive if you have received a nomination OPNP and the AOR email,you should be fine to aply for BOWP. That said, I have come across on other forums that the BOWP process is also taking quite long..might be because of the new pilot process

ameet747 said:
Hey Folks!
Sorry if my question is a bit off-topic BUT I need to find out about eligibility for BOWP for OPNP nominees.
I am a nominee under OPNP International Masters graduate WITHOUT a job offer stream. My PR file reached CIO on Aug 18th.
Since everyone is talking about OPNP applications on hold at CIC, I wanted to know if I can at least apply for a BOWP without the AoR?
My PGWP is expiring in November and I just want to know in case I don't get my AoR on time, what are my options.
Does anyone know anything about this?

devpsd

Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1 15-10-2016 AOR2 2-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
SA 24-10-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
4-5-2017 (passed same day) BGC 11-05-2017 DM 13-05-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2017
GT1234 said:
I beleive if you have received a nomination OPNP and the AOR email,you should be fine to aply for BOWP. That said, I have come across on other forums that the BOWP process is also taking quite long..might be because of the new pilot process
what new pilot process GT?

Sep 10, 2014
shadash said:
IS THERE ANY NEWS AFTER SENDING THESE NEW SETS OF DOCUMENTS?
Hello everyone,

I'm on the same boat as other forum members, just as I was expecting to receive the good news of an email approving our PR, I received in July the first letter asking to submit additional documents (proof of education, T4s, etc) I gathered the documents and a week later I submitted everything by email. Last month I received a second letter saying they did not receive my additional documents and that no job records were needed because I applied under the Master's stream, etc. I re-submitted the same paperwork by email. Nothing seemed to happen.

Until this morning I discovered why. Please take note everyone! Today they sent me an email saying that they can't process the information I sent electronically because it exceeds 5MB. They asked me to re-send everything in a lower resolution or to re-scan the files. Since they had asked for so much information, I thought it would be normal for them to receive a large file, but that's not the case. By the way, mine was a compressed zip file of 9MB.

Today I optimized/reduced file sizes, and was able to send them an email of 3MB, I hope that works.

Please take a look at the size of your past electronic submissions, if they are over 5MB then you may receive an email like mine.

Hoping this "heads up" is useful to someone.

Best of luck on your applications everyone!

max_ka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Virtual_Flowers said:
Hello everyone,

I'm on the same boat as other forum members, just as I was expecting to receive the good news of an email approving our PR, I received in July the first letter asking to submit additional documents (proof of education, T4s, etc) I gathered the documents and a week later I submitted everything by email. Last month I received a second letter saying they did not receive my additional documents and that no job records were needed because I applied under the Master's stream, etc. I re-submitted the same paperwork by email. Nothing seemed to happen.

Until this morning I discovered why. Please take note everyone! Today they sent me an email saying that they can't process the information I sent electronically because it exceeds 5MB. They asked me to re-send everything in a lower resolution or to re-scan the files. Since they had asked for so much information, I thought it would be normal for them to receive a large file, but that's not the case. By the way, mine was a compressed zip file of 9MB.

Today I optimized/reduced file sizes, and was able to send them an email of 3MB, I hope that works.

Please take a look at the size of your past electronic submissions, if they are over 5MB then you may receive an email like mine.

Hoping this "heads up" is useful to someone.

Best of luck on your applications everyone!

You mean I have to re submit the documents? ? Because when they asked for additional documents I sent them all by courier and the second mail was this

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence to Canada as an applicant under the Ontario provincial nominee program. You recently received a letter from our office requesting additional documents in order to continue processing your application.

If some of these documents were not applicable to your situation and were not submitted when you initially applied to the Government of Ontario to obtain your Ontario provincial nominee certificate, they are not required at this stage.

Specifically, as you applied for the Ontario provincial nominee program under the International Masters Graduate or International PhD Graduate streams, please note that employment records are not applicable to you. These documents are not required in order to process your application. However all other documents requested in the first letter you received are still required.

Please submit all documents within 30 days following receipt of this letter to the following address or email address

Does it mean I have to re-submit?

Sep 10, 2014
max_ka said:
You mean I have to re submit the documents? ? Because when they asked for additional documents I sent them all by courier and the second mail was this

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence to Canada as an applicant under the Ontario provincial nominee program. You recently received a letter from our office requesting additional documents in order to continue processing your application.

If some of these documents were not applicable to your situation and were not submitted when you initially applied to the Government of Ontario to obtain your Ontario provincial nominee certificate, they are not required at this stage.

Specifically, as you applied for the Ontario provincial nominee program under the International Masters Graduate or International PhD Graduate streams, please note that employment records are not applicable to you. These documents are not required in order to process your application. However all other documents requested in the first letter you received are still required.

Please submit all documents within 30 days following receipt of this letter to the following address or email address

Does it mean I have to re-submit?
Your post is what I refer to as 2nd letter.

When I received the first letter in July I sent the required "additional documents" both by email and by Xpresspost. Then I received the 2nd letter in August, so I have already re-submitted everything both by email (this time without exceeding the 5MB) and by Xpresspost.

I believe it would be beneficial if you also send everything by email, just be careful of not exceeding the 5MB limit.

Good luck!

max_ka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Virtual_Flowers said:
Your post is what I refer to as 2nd letter.

When I received the first letter in July I sent the required "additional documents" both by email and by Xpresspost. Then I received the 2nd letter in August, so I have already re-submitted everything both by email (this time without exceeding the 5MB) and by Xpresspost.

I believe it would be beneficial if you also send everything by email, just be careful of not exceeding the 5MB limit.

Good luck!
5MB that's it ?? I rather re send them using x press post. So I just have to send them cv and proof of education,since employment records are not required ?

islamabad786

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
If the things were slow down in August due to holiday season, we won.t see much progress

Has anyone with application identified in QA received new GCMS notes? Is there any progress on the file after QA?

max_ka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
islamabad786 said:
If the things were slow down in August due to holiday season, we won.t see much progress

Has anyone with application identified in QA received new GCMS notes? Is there any progress on the file after QA?
Waiting for my gcms they will arrive shortly. It's going to be a month almost.

ameet747

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
GT1234 said:
I know that I can apply for BOWP once I get the AoR, of course. But what I want to know is if I can apply for BOWP even without having received the AoR. My file reached CIO on Aug 18th 2014, I applied under OPNP. My existing OWP expires on Nov 19th 2014. What if I don't get my AoR by that time?!

islamabad786

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
Please update when you receive GCMS notes
Thanks
max_ka said:
Waiting for my gcms they will arrive shortly. It's going to be a month almost.

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys who submitted their PR application this year, did u get any update from CIC? it seem CIC is working on March 2014 applicants now.

@gambler, moonbow,spartacus,fenomenalb and all others who applied in feb/mar: guys did u get any update from CIC yet?

gambler_2006

Jul 14, 2012
No i am march 3rd. I did not get any update. Seems like i am put on hold just like others

shimnui1 said:
guys who submitted their PR application this year, did u get any update from CIC? it seem CIC is working on March 2014 applicants now.

@ gambler, moonbow,spartacus,fenomenalb and all others who applied in feb/mar: guys did u get any update from CIC yet?

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gambler_2006 said:
No i am march 3rd. I did not get any update. Seems like i am put on hold just like others
i see.

i did not get any update from CIC in the last 5 months, not even IP yet..donno whats going on there.??

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request