+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ON PNP - Master's stream - lets gather here & help with application process

jay4121997

Star Member
Jan 18, 2023
No problem. I think the application processes are picking up the speed for both the federal stage and provincial stage. I am seeing that lots of the PNP non-EE applicants who applied in October and November 2022 are starting to get AoR. So hopefully there is sufficient time. Will keep you updated.
Yeha I have heard form other grps that average time for our stream is about 12-15months (after applying)

And 2-3 months to get AOR

Also I found this link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U00ooiZO57vNqjpgsTvhciDdiffcozBk8os9T_zkXVg/edit#gid=0

For Google sheet where people are posting their status/updates which will give us an idea about processing times.

Just thinking down the road does anyone know that with masters PNP we are allowed to work and live in Ontario permanently (till we get PR). Without any other work permit

Because on the Masters stream official page it says this

"The Masters Graduate stream gives international graduates with an Ontario masters degree the opportunity to apply to permanently live and work in Ontario"

Here

Reactions: Muhammad679

aimeeeeey

Jan 28, 2023
Hello there, I am concerned on birth certificate. I have one notarization of my birth certificate which was done 10 years ago. Is it still valid for application now? Thanks for your kindly reply!

Gaurav1802

Apr 29, 2021
To confirm: you got the nomination certificate for Master stream - non EE?
then IT is a different portal, you should have got it in your notification or email... check that

for police certificate, yes they do ask. if you have t good else you initate and provide those evidence
Hi there,

Just to confirm, You meant the Permanent Residence online application portal (Non-Express Entry)?
https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/paper.html

Thanks

Deeptivirdi

Dec 8, 2022
@jay4121997
Hi, I wanted to reply to both but not sure how.

I applied for OINP Master Stream in September 2022 and received my nomination in mid-December.

From what I see on other threads, people who applied later in 2022 had their nomination processes in around 3 months.

However, once you get the nomination and submit your federal application you are still working at waiting for a few (2~3) months before getting AoR which is required to extend your work permit.

I will put my timeline below.
Hello,, i want to ask, my work permit will be expire in April 2023, and its already 8 months i applied my oinp, but still showing decision in progress,, so what will be the way i’ll expend my work permit..

Ln_

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hello,, i want to ask, my work permit will be expire in April 2023, and its already 8 months i applied my oinp, but still showing decision in progress,, so what will be the way i’ll expend my work permit..
Hi,

To extend your open work permit, you would need Acknowledgement of Receipt (AoR). AoR is a document issued by the Federal Government after the following:
1. You received your nomination certificate from Ontario
2. You submitted your application to the Federal Government
3. IRCC determined that your PNP application (federal stage) is complete.

Given that your work permit expires in April 2023 and you do not have a decision from OINP yet, the time seems a bit tight. I am not in the position to advise you what to do with your work permit. I would suggest you reach out to a more qualified professional (immigration consultant/lawyer) to help you determine what to do about it.

bpraj

Aug 1, 2021
Hi, quick question - in the document checklist, there is a mention of national Ids - what type of document are you uploading?

bpraj

Aug 1, 2021
Your drivers license or provincial card can serve the purpose.
@taran, in the imm5690e - document checklist - item 13: identity and civil status documents, they ask for nation ids & it is not clear whether it should be your home country or Canada related. hence my question. are you saying itis to be of Canada based id's?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
@taran, in the imm5690e - document checklist - item 13: identity and civil status documents, they ask for nation ids & it is not clear whether it should be your home country or Canada related. hence my question. are you saying itis to be of Canada based id's?
Yes. As nowadays you are in Canada so it would be Canada's Id.

Reactions: bpraj

bpraj

Aug 1, 2021
Hi All, another question: what proof is expected for proof of physical presence in Canada and proof of status?

jay4121997

Star Member
Jan 18, 2023
For which purpose? PR application? National identity??
No the identity documents

I was just reviewing document checklist and under the identity documents section it's asking for Birth Certificate.

So was wondering if that is required to be submitted?