+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

on medicals

soj

Feb 23, 2007
does it mean that after passing your medicals,u will be issued a visa.And do u have to appear in person to collect ur visa.soj

Egyman

Star Member
Feb 7, 2007
1. After passing the medicals if the background check is complete, the visa will be issued.
2. No, you can send your passport bu mail to the visa office (to send to US or Canada, you must be in one of them).

soj

Feb 23, 2007
What do u mean by background check.On settlement fund,is it necessary u travel with all the money u put in application.I put 12,000$,is the immigration officer going to ask me to show the money at the port of entry.soj

soj

Feb 23, 2007
I ve gone for my interview but the medical was not given that same,it was sent to me later.i think they ve checked my backgrd be4 sending the forms.wat do u think.soj

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
soj said:
What do u mean by background check.On settlement fund,is it necessary u travel with all the money u put in application.I put 12,000$,is the immigration officer going to ask me to show the money at the port of entry.soj
You will be asked to show just the required settlement funds for the quantity of people you applied for. And it will be based on the required funds chart provided by CIC.

For instance let’s say that I have declared $50,000, they will ask me to show only almost $18,000 since we are family of 4. Of course the more you show the best for you, since the immigration officers will have not doubt about your financial status.

Cheers
Eduardo