+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

on LMO getting promotion

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello, please I need some advice. I currently work on LMO for job under noc 6453, and my boss wants to promote me to assistant manager noc 0631.
it is in Alberta. can we make an A-LMO? what are the chances to be rejected on the border, as I don't have experience with that, but he really likes how I work? Do I have to apply for that again on the border, or can it go somehow within Canada? what if the a-lmo gets rejected, what happens to my current work permit?
please, anybody had similar experience??
Thank you in advance!!

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Your employer can apply for an A-LMO if he/she meets the following criteria:

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/almo/factsheet.shtml

(1) the job must fall under NOC 0, A or B; and

(2) the employer must:

- have been issued at least one positive LMO in the previous two years;
- have a clean compliance record with the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)within the last two years;
- have agreed to all of the attestations included in the A-LMO application, and consent to participate in a post A-LMO compliance review;
- not have been the subject of an investigation, infraction or a serious complaint, and
- not have any unresolved violations or contraventions under provincial laws governing employment and recruitment.

2. If you have no experience at the assistant manager level, the border officer may decide that you aren't qualified for the job. But no one can say for sure.
3. You can apply at the border or you can apply to CIC"s office in Vegrevilla (Alberta) either by mail or online.
4. If the A-LMO is rejected, you can continue to work with your current work permit.