+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

On job training letter, concerned about date on it

Florence88

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Hi I have a letter explaining my extensive on the job training in place of a degree, as previous degree not relevant to NOC I have chosen. As I have had to wait a while until I have been invited to apply, does anyone know if there are any guidelines about the date on this letter? My degree is 5 years old, so letter done when I finished working for employer 1 year ago. Any helpful advice welcome, thanks.

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
Hi I have a letter explaining my extensive on the job training in place of a degree, as previous degree not relevant to NOC I have chosen. As I have had to wait a while until I have been invited to apply, does anyone know if there are any guidelines about the date on this letter? My degree is 5 years old, so letter done when I finished working for employer 1 year ago. Any helpful advice welcome, thanks.
If you're asking for the reference letter from a previous employer, then the date shouldn't matter. Preferably the date of the letter should be around your last few days of employment or a recent date if you're still working for that employer.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

IRCC asks that letters be recent. The only thing that matters really is that they are dated, and dated AFTER the completion of the claimed experience. This is for work experience / job reference letters.

However, as for this particular LOE, it doesn't really matter. It is supplemental to the other stuff. Whether or not it has any value to the application, we'd need to know more about the NOC of the job and the subject that the degree was in. Strictly speaking, it does not matter, but there are circumstances where it could be of value.